green exp booster glitched?

Vic79

Hello, I bought some green exp boosters from the item mall, but somehow it's not working as intended. For example, without any exp boost a normal mob I fought gave around 130k exp, with the 1500% boost from the exp lv 6 chip it's increased to around 1.2 million, finally with the green booster it's boosted to 1.5 million. What's weird is that the booster's description says it's a 1000% boost, yet the name says 5000%, so one of them has to be a typo. I recall this green booster used to give a significant exp boost, unless that has changed some time ago? Thank you.

The description may be wrong, but so is the actual boost itself. I did a test just a few moments ago, a base exp of 360k boosted with the level 6 exp chip of 1500% should be around 5.4 million, but instead it's only around 1.2 million, which is only a 350% boost, roughly 5 times less

Archangel is correct there was a post made about the change and the problems surrounding the exp boosters. What they were finding is that if they gave more than the limit would actually allow and cause a decrease in the amount gained. So, they had to go through all the mobs with the exp boosters to identify the problem and make adjustments. How it was most likely happening was that one would be in a PT with level 60 or 61 players, but you are the level 64. As a level 64 player you actually gain much more exp than if you were in a pt with just level 64 people and the lower level player's max exp would be decreased. Now since there is a limit to the amount of exp one can gain in the game from a mob before it starts negatively effecting your character they found that out in that scenario and the level 64 player instead of gaining exp was losing it or so. Vivi can better explain it. But essentially they had to adjust the exp gained from mobs and exp boosters as well as they did put a level requirement on them, I believe. Though essentially they did try to make sure that values were pretty close to their intended outcome.

Though you should understand that exp gains vary based on being solo(normal gains), in team with higher level players(gains for lower level player will be lower), or team with lower level players(gains for higher level player will be higher). The gains for a team where everybody is all the same level should be the same as if you are solo for each mob.

So basically, each level has a hard cap on the maximum amount of exp one can get per fight, if that number exceeds the cap it instead goes into the negative and you lose exp instead of gaining them. Therefore all the monster's base exp are readjusted so that it doesn't reach that ceiling, but still gets close enough to it. I suppose 4.8 million after a combined boost of 6500% is as close as it's going to get to that exp limit for the level in question

Is this a programming error on the part of the developer, or a limitation built into the game's engine?

23 hours ago, Archangel said:

Seems so 🤷‍♀️🤣

All this time they tell us that there's no way they can create something to de-exp a character so that people can keep from leveling up other than getting killed by mobs. With that you can make it so that you kill one mob and your exp goes right back to 0 in seconds or you never gain exp while farming.

19 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

All this time they tell us that there's no way they can create something to de-exp a character so that people can keep from leveling up other than getting killed by mobs. With that you can make it so that you kill one mob and your exp goes right back to 0 in seconds or you never gain exp while farming.

well i think it will broke the whole system of exp for everyone. 😆

• Like 1

• VGN GM
On 8/30/2022 at 12:05 PM, GoddessSand said:

On 8/31/2022 at 7:40 AM, Archangel said:

well i think it will broke the whole system of exp for everyone. 😆

Pan is somewhat right here - de-exping via an overflow value is problematic to the database and not something you'd openly want happening. Its not a viable way to do something and not a viable way to allow the database to handle information - overflowing basically means that the value being produced is too large for that table in the database to handle. Its a recipe for disaster and a risk I'm not willing to take.