Elemental Battlefield Changes & Some Misc Suggestions.

Nanami

Elemental's Battlefield.
(Expedition)

I would like to suggest a few changes to this dungeon that I think will benefit the community overall as a whole. 
This dungeon is meant to be a 25 player dungeon, however we have extreme lag past 15-17 players if we get that many (with or without alts). 
So my first suggestion is that the HP amount of all bosses be decreased by a sufficient amount, even if you fill a party with 15+ active non-alt players, the dungeon itself still takes 1.5h+ for the AVERAGE party to complete, especially with the lag that comes with being that many people and the amount of random resets that happen.
The HP of the elemental stones and the second boss I think should be decreased the most, he has a lot of DMG reduction as it is and the entire fight at the second boss takes up the majority of the time spent in this dungeon.

My second suggestion is that there be a "solo" or "5-Man" version made similar to what you did on Classic server because we also have a smaller player base on awaken server, we have majority smaller guilds and those smaller guilds suffer a lot by not being able to farm the dungeon on their own and having to wait for the bigger guild(s) to run it.

Third suggestion is that the amount of flame stones required to purchase a statue be lowered a bit. Similar to the trophies I think that they are too expensive for the amount that we get on average per run as a guild, no guild ever fills a run with entirely there own guild, it's just unlikely for this to happen so I believe the amount required can be lowered to around 60-80 stones per statue and that will make a fair price per statue since we will have to buy two to fuse.

Whispering Woods - Crystal Utopia.
(Quests)

Recently these maps were changed entirely for some odd reason to which the community was not told of the reason why, I find it a little weird after hearing once in the past that once things are released they do not get changed. However, I feel there were some necessary changes that were left out of all the changes that were made.

If I recall correctly a lot of mob density was lowered and possibly mob spawn time was increased? I am not entirely sure, but there's a lot of quests that are 30 mobs each or 40 mobs or 45 mobs EACH in kills, I believe these should also be adjusted to match the new spread range of mobs as they are much further apart from each other and doing a quest that requires you to kill 90 mobs is just tiring altogether. 

Frostmourn - Fallmyst.
(Quests)

The only thing I have to suggest for this is that you allow the quest drops to be changed to support self drops so that leveling with multiple people or questing alts is easier, sharing drops with random mode can be extremely slow and tiring especially on under geared people who are doing it in TK sets.

@JordanThanks for taking the time to read and consider the suggestions.

• Like 2

• VGN GM

Elemental Battlefield

1. I don't disagree with this but I do think with future upcoming patches this dungeon will only get easier in future and since I'm hard at work on the next big update already I cannot apply any changes until that patch is already done. So I don't know if it will continue to be worth applying changes like this until seeing the result of the next patches since over time the content will get easier as stats go up.
  2. You cannot compare Awaken player base to Classic's even remotely. The numbers aren't even close these days so there is no need for a smaller party version of the dungeon. The bosses mechanics where designed for around 10-15 players being the party average. This content was to be different, most other content is centered around solo or 5 player dungeons. Having one content every 5 to 6 years that requires players to group up in a large scale raid is a good change of pace.
  3. It takes 20 players a week from a guild to get a 100% chance to get the statue you want. I think this is more than fair all things considered since there is 0 RNG at play and its all selection.

Generally speaking I was quite happy with the result of this content and especially in the first few weeks knowing people where running it several times a day on other geared characters and seeing multiple parties running it a day was a breath of fresh air for me personally. It is something different, something the other 25 man raids never really achieved so I don't really see any need to change it. It will nerf itself over time whether it be new gear or new levels that come out. So although I don't disagree with the whole maybe the HP is a little high after the hype has died down, this will correct itself over the next few months and if it doesn't then I will look to adjust it.

Whispering Woods Content

This was explained in the patch notes that released with it.

fter doing some hard looking at the games custom content I found that certain areas where not quite up to the current standard and quality checks of the game.

So we spent some time going over things and improving the quality of the content that wasn't up to our current standards.

The first improvement comes as a graphical update to the majority of Aura Kingdom imported maps. We felt like these maps looked really bad incomparrison to some of the other imported content so we did something about it!

Patch 44 Improvements!

In addition to the above content changes we also felt like the level 95 to 108 could do with some improvements.

So we overhauled a lot of the content have the design be a little more fluid and consistant throughout. This includes but is not limited to:

• NPC Models are more consistant and match the map.
  • Monster areas have been thinned out so there is less overcrowding.
  • Quest dialogs have been re-written to be more consistant.
  • Monster and NPC's have been adjusted within the map to improve the map flow.

Note: Dungeons have not been changed (Don't worry, Palace of Dreams is still the same as it was)!

That was from the patch notes directly but to sum it up.

These maps where mostly fine but specifically the NPC's did not really follow a consistent design, there was some monsters too that didn't quite fit but for the most part the monsters are like 70-80% the same.

As with the NPC changes the quest where also completely redone. Which means the amount of monsters required for these quests was also lowered.

I'm not guna list every quest 1 by 1 but (Mainlines):

• Whispering Woods where reduced from 10 per monster to 5 per monster. The singles which where 20 have been reduced to 15.
  • Singing Valley was 15 per monster to 7 per monster. The singles where reduced from 30 to 20.
  • Roaming Hills and Crystal Utopia was reduced from 20 per monster to 15. The singles where reduced from 35 to 20.
  • Book quests and Rep quests where also adjusted by similar amounts (between 50% reduced and 25% reduced).

Which by the standard of how much I reduced the monsters in the map this mostly lines up as accurate. Obviously I cannot say on a per quest basis as the areas of monsters where evaluated separately based on size and varity of monsters.

This was all to increase the visual experience for players joining the game to bring up the quality of our older content to be much more in line with the content of our current and upcoming content.

Fallmyst Content

This isn't really a possible change unless I'm missing something or not quite understanding the question correctly.

15 hours ago, Jordan said:
  • Whispering Woods where reduced from 10 per monster to 5 per monster. The singles which where 20 have been reduced to 15.
  • Singing Valley was 15 per monster to 7 per monster. The singles where reduced from 30 to 20.
  • Roaming Hills and Crystal Utopia was reduced from 20 per monster to 15. The singles where reduced from 35 to 20.
  • Book quests and Rep quests where also adjusted by similar amounts (between 50% reduced and 25% reduced).

So this means a quest should be two types of mobs and you kill x5 of each is what you're saying, yes? If that's what you're saying then what I said still stands, none of them seem to really be lowered. But the main quests aren't my concern per say, the book quests are though. They are the ones with an absurd amount of mobs required; for example, Roaming Hills 2nd book's final quest is x45 of each "slug" iirc was the mob. Before that you have to kill x45 of one mob and x40 of many others throughout the book quests in this map and kill similar amounts in other maps.
WGvDjgN.png

NB0WUrD.png

15 hours ago, Jordan said:

I don't disagree with this but I do think with future upcoming patches this dungeon will only get easier in future and since I'm hard at work on the next big update already I cannot apply any changes until that patch is already done. So I don't know if it will continue to be worth applying changes like this until seeing the result of the next patches since over time the content will get easier as stats go up.

I don't think that "content becoming easier" in the next match should be the reason for not decreasing the HP any time soon. I understand that you're busy and working on the patch that is coming up, which I am grateful for. But as it stands at the moment the expedition really hasn't been ran much past the first week's release, which a lot of people ran just because of the title, while others ran to "stock up" in hopes of not having to do it for a long time. 

It's already much disliked due to the amount of time we spend inside getting little to nothing out of it, as far as statues goes and even the trophies are still extremely hard to complete, and quite frankly I believe that putting trophies in a 25 man wasn't the move. There's a reason they were never there to begin with, it's just so unlikely to have to depend on that many people for a chance to craft something that will take literally months to complete because it's not the type of dungeon people will want to run every single day of the month.

I'd also like to state that we have reality tower potions with no use for them, it'd solve everything just to be able to use them in a 25 man like we used to be able to because they've become completely useless now in all PvE due to being "locked".

Thanks for reading, I'm done with what I had to say and all I ask is just that you take the time to consider the changes.

• VGN GM
4 hours ago, Nanami said:

So this means a quest should be two types of mobs and you kill x5 of each is what you're saying, yes? If that's what you're saying then what I said still stands, none of them seem to really be lowered. But the main quests aren't my concern per say, the book quests are though. They are the ones with an absurd amount of mobs required; for example, Roaming Hills 2nd book's final quest is x45 of each "slug" iirc was the mob. Before that you have to kill x45 of one mob and x40 of many others throughout the book quests in this map and kill similar amounts in other maps.

19 hours ago, Jordan said:

I'm not guna list every quest 1 by 1 but (Mainlines):

Whether they need more reduction is up for debate but this has nothing to do with the content changes as they where reduced roughly the same amount as the monsters where so they are not much different to their original format.

4 hours ago, Nanami said:

I don't think that "content becoming easier" in the next match should be the reason for not decreasing the HP any time soon. I understand that you're busy and working on the patch that is coming up, which I am grateful for. But as it stands at the moment the expedition really hasn't been ran much past the first week's release, which a lot of people ran just because of the title, while others ran to "stock up" in hopes of not having to do it for a long time.

As ive explained to you in the past many times it's not that I wont make changes, its just not really possible to do changes while working on other patches. As it gets incredebly messy, things end up not being able to be tested properly, things end up getting reverted accidently when the patch comes out. Once a patch is in full swing unless there is a complete emergency there is no room to make adjustments.

The last two patches have been using files that simply where not in the next patch yet but now they are and all the files in which to adjust the bosses are in the next patch. So if you read what I said...

20 hours ago, Jordan said:

Elemental Battlefield

1. I don't disagree with this but I do think with future upcoming patches this dungeon will only get easier in future and since I'm hard at work on the next big update already I cannot apply any changes until that patch is already done. So I don't know if it will continue to be worth applying changes like this until seeing the result of the next patches since over time the content will get easier as stats go up.