[Scarlet Blade] Game won't launch

Daevawolf

• VGN GM

The easiest thing to start with would be to check your anti-virus and to add the entire Vendetta Gaming Network folder as an anti-virus exception. After doing this, it may be best to runn the verify and allow the game to redownload any of the files the anti-virus may have deleted.

You can also try running the game in compatibility mode.

Go to the root folder the client is downloaded to (typically is C:\Vendetta Gaming Network\Scarlet Blade Vendetta) and find the SB.exe as well as the SBLauncher.exe. Right click the both of these and select "Properties" then the "Compatibility" tab. Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 7

I have same problem. I login to SBLauncher.exe by my username and passwd then the session token is created and play button appears. After clicking it - nothing. Not even xigncode china malware launches. After clicking more SBLauncher disappears and only process left is in task manager - but I can't see any window or error message. I'm running Win10. So compatibility to Windows 7 didn't worked. I tried other like Win8 but it doesen't worked out at all. I set up SB.exe to run as admin to check if the file is requested by launcher but UAC didn't appear. What I can see is only ScarletBlade (32-bit) in taskmgr.

I aloso have game installed in my second not system SSD. (NVME)

Welp I really don't want to set up VM to run this game but heck it gonna give a shot... 

So I got fresh Win10 Install and got updates on VMWare(x64) aaaand ATL100.DLL is missing. So I got and Installed vcredist_x64. Sys Reboot and! ATL100.DLL is missing. Yes I selected booth on download including x86 version. So since it's VM I got some DLL from totally not suspicious website and just trowed in into system folder. BTW dll version 10.0.40219.473 | But hey! I got this dll already in Sys32 folder? (insert capitan alex meme here ~wtf) Quick copy to syswow64 and! I didn't worked (as expected bruh don't do that kids).

So finally I have same base problem. I have 0 response on main system while trying to start he game and after checkup on VM I'm geting rekt by Themida error Cannot find "ATL100.DLL". I know It's not linux but just for KEKW I renamed atl100.dll to ATL100.dll but u know. In the very end I need help coz I got my time to try fixing it and it just don't want to.

• VGN GM

Did you download both the x86 and x64 bit of the Visual Studio 2010 C++ Redistributable files? 2010 is the only era of redistributables that has the atl100.dll in them, though its recommended to have Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 downloaded as well. But for SB specifically, its 2010 that is needed.

You can download them by clicking here and here. Or, off the Microsoft website here. Scroll down until you find 2010 and download both the x64 and x86 versions. 

They are the only downloads that'll sort out that error as its related to your system and not the game itself.

15 hours ago, AwsD said:

Yes I selected booth on download including x86 version.

Yes I installed version for 32 and 64 bit. If you have read my post you will see that after installation I found DLL file in System32 and SysWOW64, so It is physically on my device.

3 hours ago, Norleras said:

You're better off using those instead of manually finding the .dlls and placing them into your folder.

Oh really? 

15 hours ago, AwsD said:

So since it's VM I got some DLL from totally not suspicious website and just trowed in into system folder.

3 hours ago, Norleras said:

Regarding the atl100.dll issue, did you use the links in 

Yes I did. Contrary to many I don't create account on forum that have search button only to get Stackoverflowed in answer.

So moving on. What I did now:

I installed additionally every C++ expansion into system also some DirectX packages lying around just in case. Reboot. Next I went and installed not necessary updates into Windows and reinstalled Scarlet Blade. Since deep uninstallation was not possible (RevoUninstaller didn't saw install) I did it manualy. I again selected default directory and checked files for errors. I also selected veryfi after install. Than I got rain of errors including Access violation X'D

https://prnt.sc/TlDJMInAASWW 

But the game is downloading in the meantime, so let's ignore that for a while.

Sys Reboot.

Cannot find ATL100.DLL Another screenshot below.

https://prnt.sc/15VfyWzdjcWE

And I want to add that It's fixing game inside VM I don't have any answers about real problem:

15 hours ago, AwsD said:

I login to SBLauncher.exe by my username and passwd then the session token is created and play button appears. After clicking it - nothing. Not even xigncode china malware launches. After clicking more SBLauncher disappears and only process left is in task manager - but I can't see any window or error message.

~

4 hours ago, Vivi said:

They are the only downloads that'll sort out that error as its related to your system and not the game itself.

Yeah to Virtual Machine because in my main system game just won't start.

• 1 year later...

I run it currently on Windows 11 it is not an issue of the OS. Try finding this file and delete it, (client.version). Re-run your SbLauncher.exe and this will force a full file scan. Just to see if any files are missing or corrupted. Mark SB.Exe for Compatibility Mode Windows 8 or 7 I prefer 8 due to the kernel. Depending on your AV you might wish to mark the entire SB folder as a whitelist exception. 

Edited by Jade