Sign in to follow this  
ColemanR

Scarlet Blade- Disconnected every 5 minutes exactly

Recommended Posts

Hello all!

 

Having a weird issue here. Just downloaded and played abit on Friday. Game runs perfectly fine without issue... Except every 5 minutes on the dot, i get "Mother has disconnected you"

After reading afew forums I tried a ping test to France, which gets me about 216-230 ping.  

 

I've already rebooted PC, router, checked firewalls etc. Ingame i see no issues with my ping or warping. it simply just disconnects me after 5 minutes... and then i gotta go through all the loading screens etc. all over again just to continue where I left off (annoying if i've gotten an enemy down low on health since it resets the combat)

 

Any other ways to solve this?

 

Thanks

 

P.S. I played scarlet blade aaages back and never had this issue.  Also this is the very same PC even.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColemanR said:

Hello all!

 

Having a weird issue here. Just downloaded and played abit on Friday. Game runs perfectly fine without issue... Except every 5 minutes on the dot, i get "Mother has disconnected you"

After reading afew forums I tried a ping test to France, which gets me about 216-230 ping.  

 

I've already rebooted PC, router, checked firewalls etc. Ingame i see no issues with my ping or warping. it simply just disconnects me after 5 minutes... and then i gotta go through all the loading screens etc. all over again just to continue where I left off (annoying if i've gotten an enemy down low on health since it resets the combat)

 

Any other ways to solve this?

 

Thanks

 

P.S. I played scarlet blade aaages back and never had this issue.  Also this is the very same PC even.

 

have you tried all the things outlined here?

also worth trying this -

 

Edited by Spherical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes i have followed all, short of using a VPN and contacting ISP.

 

Any VPN suggestions?   ISP highly unlikely the issue as i play many other without problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColemanR said:

Yes i have followed all, short of using a VPN and contacting ISP.

 

Any VPN suggestions?   ISP highly unlikely the issue as i play many other without problems

im based in Scotland in the Uk so have never had any issues with ping and have never needed to use a VPN so can't advise you on that part I'm afraid but maybe some of the other players might or maybe @Vivi might pop her head into this thread with some suggestions for you to try, sorry I can't be more help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTFast has a trial, but wants a CC info first which i tend not to do :P   why offer a trial if you want all my payment info..

 

Ive got battleping, but trying multiple servers, including france, Chicago, germany and australia have no difference

 

As a side note, I can remain logged in indefinately at the character selection page without issue.  Its only once ingame do I get disconnected at almost exactly 5 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry for double post, but discovered that if i return to character selection before end of 5 minutes, it wont disconnect me out-right and i can reselect character again.

 

That means this connection issue is only happening while im spawned ingame.  could that info potentially be useful to solve this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColemanR said:

sorry for double post, but discovered that if i return to character selection before end of 5 minutes, it wont disconnect me out-right and i can reselect character again.

 

That means this connection issue is only happening while im spawned ingame.  could that info potentially be useful to solve this?

it could just be that the spawn screen is pretty static so not much data is being sent but in game theres more data and your maybe getting a high ping and lost data packets leading to a server timeout and a DC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Spherical said:

it could just be that the spawn screen is pretty static so not much data is being sent but in game theres more data and your maybe getting a high ping and lost data packets leading to a server timeout and a DC

Using hide.me's trial and the Canada VPN, i find im able to maintain a stable connection. Granted i can tell I'm at a higher ping than without it... but I managed to play almost 3 hours earlier without a single disconnect

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ColemanR said:

Using hide.me's trial and the Canada VPN, i find im able to maintain a stable connection. Granted i can tell I'm at a higher ping than without it... but I managed to play almost 3 hours earlier without a single disconnect

The game is unfortunately quite strict about ping. If you have a higher connection to the server, as you noticed, the server makes it a bit more difficult to keep you connected. Why ever it was coded like this, the world may never know, but that's good to hear that a VPN did in fact help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea indeed.  Granted its abit weird, i "feel" my ping is higher WITH the VPN than without. (longer action delays etc.) yet it maintains the connection

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2017 at 8:04 PM, ColemanR said:

Yes i have followed all, short of using a VPN and contacting ISP.

 

Any VPN suggestions?   ISP highly unlikely the issue as i play many other without problems

I am using ExpressVPN for gaming not only for gaming it is also best on torrenting and streaming also. why don't you try this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this