Patch v100 Ideas

Rin

Hihi, thanks for new patch! Just got a few ideas that I think would be nice to have, as well as the reasoning behind them.

• Demonic Valley daily quest to kill bosses and turn in inside the map, like the other battle maps. Reward can be one Polished Emerald. Currently only ways to teleport in are portal stone via quest if you didn't turn it in or link your soul to the Soul Guardian, this allows players who already turned in their main quest a way to portal stone in like we do for every other battle map.

• Add Lv120 HP/MP potions and Lv120 Power/Guard scrolls to the mobs in Demonic Valley, just like DSR has. This was a big source of potions before, would be really nice to have it in the new map as well.

• Lower cost of Demonic HP/MP potions, 50 for a stack is kind of a lot. Capes are only 35. DSR potions were only 10 for a stack, and the DSR tokens were easier/quicker to farm than emeralds are.

• POD spot like what VGN Classic has here. Fallmyst is dead now, and even when it wasn't it was still not very fun or engaging to do, and often contested during busy PvP times. New cap would be a perfect time to introduce a similar type of spot, and would probably increase PvP activity/enjoyment if prepping wasn't as much of a chore.

That's all I got for now, thanks for reading!

• Like 2

• VGN GM

Thank your for your feedback. It's appreciated!

1. I will look into this as soon as I can, might be a week or two.
  2. When pots/scrolls are new I don't really like over inflating them. So I'm not saying no, just not right now. Scrolls will be more coming when the new content that requires them will come.
  3. I will evaluate this when doing point 1. The capes where overall reduced due to the amount of them available and how feedback previously pointed towards the DSR ones being over priced. So it wouldn't be fair to compare the two maps.
  4. Sadly as much as I wanted to make a pod spot such as this it's not possible at the current moment. Unlike Classic the POD rewards have been increased. Also unlike Classic, Awaken has a much larger playerbase made much larger by the current patch, this is relevant due to the amount of bots and potential bots that Awaken has. So having a spot where a class can just stand on one spot spamming a single button just makes things far too easy. There is a couple places on some of the new maps that have a semi over inflated monster population but only time will tell how effective these spots are. If you have any ideas that could maybe get around this then I'm all ears.
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 11:24 AM, Jordan said:

Thank your for your feedback. It's appreciated!

1. I will look into this as soon as I can, might be a week or two.
  2. When pots/scrolls are new I don't really like over inflating them. So I'm not saying no, just not right now. Scrolls will be more coming when the new content that requires them will come.
  3. I will evaluate this when doing point 1. The capes where overall reduced due to the amount of them available and how feedback previously pointed towards the DSR ones being over priced. So it wouldn't be fair to compare the two maps.
  4. Sadly as much as I wanted to make a pod spot such as this it's not possible at the current moment. Unlike Classic the POD rewards have been increased. Also unlike Classic, Awaken has a much larger playerbase made much larger by the current patch, this is relevant due to the amount of bots and potential bots that Awaken has. So having a spot where a class can just stand on one spot spamming a single button just makes things far too easy. There is a couple places on some of the new maps that have a semi over inflated monster population but only time will tell how effective these spots are. If you have any ideas that could maybe get around this then I'm all ears.

Thanks for the reply!

Regarding 2, we've had the 120 potions for a long time, just had to fuse for them. 120 scrolls have also been available for a while, just not very easy to get. Also wanted to add that running right now is rough in terms of sustainability due to the amount of MP potions used, even with Lumi's MP cert.

3. I think this one was misunderstood, the cape comparison was to the cost of MP potions being 50 for a stack of potions vs. 35 for a cape. DSR comparison was the cost of getting a stack of DSR pots (10) vs DV pots (50). The tokens needed in DSR to get potions were also easier to obtain due to the green item drops (forgot their name) being able to be turned in (even though they were kinda bothersome to keep bag space for).

4. That's understandable. The 10-15 minute cooldown captcha we have now should help with that though, no? Could realistically lower it even more on that map and people would still be fine with it. I know this is probably the most requested thing for our server, and just in peer chat alone multiple people ask about a pod spot every single day. It would be really huge for both PvP and PvE players, I personally know inactive people that don't want to PvP due to the prep time it takes. As an alternative, it could be an instance instead with like a 0/5 or 0/10 limit to avoid bots abusing it. Another option at one of the dungeon portals or something. I think Water Falls has a dungeon NPC relatively close to the teleport. This locks it to a high map/level requirement, which can avoid bots.

Thank you again for the consideration!

• Like 1

A couple of suggestions to add to this discussion.

• Battle map boss HP decrease. Their HP is far too high even for entire parties, it still takes an average of 3-5m depending on how geared your party is to kill the bosses, this includes the use of reality potions and a demon tamer.

• Drop rate increase slightly for all trophies in Patch V100. I know it isn't something that matters to most people and this is a matter of "RNG" but I will suggest anyway that the drop rate on the trophies be raised slightly for all the new content if you don't agree with making them 100% drop rate in 0/10s. I spent 3 days capping many of the dungeons to get all the trophy achievements, it shouldn't take 34 runs to get a single trophy is all I am trying to say. I've also killed the most Selena's in this server thus far, around 70 before the trophy dropped.. finally. However, I am aware that others got it in less which is what brings me to ask for a slight drop rate increase.

• Regarding Anniversary. There were many players hoping for more than just a diamond altar and a unexpected, semi-unwanted level cap and were very disappointed to find NO anniversary events of any kind in-game. No boost to go with the level cap raise, no quests, not even re-runs which the new player base and older players who missed out would've been completely happy to get. I would like to suggest giving the server a CP/EXP boost at the very least.

• Regarding Rin's post. I am in agreement with all of his suggestions and I think that a dungeon we can get 10 mobility in, in 1-2m is more than enough, it takes care of the "botting" issue you speak of and will likely bring back/give motivation to some others who felt that spending 10-20m prepping for 30m fight was too much.

• VGN GM
On 9/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, Rin said:

Thanks for the reply!

3. Didn't missunderstand my point is still valid. The price of capes overall was reduced and the pots where based off DSR still. But again I'll evaluate it when I can too see if changes should be made.

4. Sadly not, only prevents the dumbest of the dumb. I will look into ways to maybe improve the prep time situation but to be brutally honest its no worse off now than it has been for many years in the game especially pre-mayland release.

Edit: I do want to add that the dumbest of the dumb is still a largely effective with the captcha as it does. It's just the significantly experienced botters have found ways to abuse it still.

6 hours ago, Nanami said:

A couple of suggestions to add to this discussion.

• Battle map boss HP decrease. Their HP is far too high even for entire parties, it still takes an average of 3-5m depending on how geared your party is to kill the bosses, this includes the use of reality potions and a demon tamer.

• Drop rate increase slightly for all trophies in Patch V100. I know it isn't something that matters to most people and this is a matter of "RNG" but I will suggest anyway that the drop rate on the trophies be raised slightly for all the new content if you don't agree with making them 100% drop rate in 0/10s. I spent 3 days capping many of the dungeons to get all the trophy achievements, it shouldn't take 34 runs to get a single trophy is all I am trying to say. I've also killed the most Selena's in this server thus far, around 70 before the trophy dropped.. finally. However, I am aware that others got it in less which is what brings me to ask for a slight drop rate increase.

• Regarding Anniversary. There were many players hoping for more than just a diamond altar and a unexpected, semi-unwanted level cap and were very disappointed to find NO anniversary events of any kind in-game. No boost to go with the level cap raise, no quests, not even re-runs which the new player base and older players who missed out would've been completely happy to get. I would like to suggest giving the server a CP/EXP boost at the very least.

• Regarding Rin's post. I am in agreement with all of his suggestions and I think that a dungeon we can get 10 mobility in, in 1-2m is more than enough, it takes care of the "botting" issue you speak of and will likely bring back/give motivation to some others who felt that spending 10-20m prepping for 30m fight was too much.
  1. I find this greatly exaggerated when Demon Fire alone can kill the boss in 3 mins. The bosses HP are around the Zodiac HP (Higher than some, lower than others) mark but they have less base resistance, no true resistance and you can use Reality Pots and Pets. I see no reason to rebalance these. To be quite honest I'd be rather happy if they all took 3-5 mins as that would be the perfect amount of time for a boss fight.
  2. I'll look into the rates of the battle map but three days to collect all dungeon trophies? How is that bad in any shape or form, three days to get sixteen pieces of gear that you only ever have to collect once. Especially when you can clear the dungeon too and farm some gold while you're at it. Yeh its no Palace but all dungeons have been tested and all do give a decent and fair amount of gold. Like what, do you want everything to drop day one and be done with everything by day three? Like am I just missing something here?
  3. Doudou is hosting plenty of events for the anniversary and I worked myself to the bone to get this patch out in time for the Anniversary date. Maybe it doesn't appeal to you but so far any complaints I've had delivered to me where only about small bugs like Captcha in Alternate. The only complaint I've saw was yourself in peer chat so unless people aren't letting their feelings be known...
  4. As mentioned above I will look into this as soon as I can but in the mean time after doing my own testing. I can vouch as someone who had to do pod parties before TW's in places like Devastation Realm and Durango Kingdom (at level 90) the Piou area in Death Mountains is easy enough. Doing one straight path and killing them all gives almost a full mobility with the double pod exp item. So I'm sure it doesnt take that long with the short respawn timer to fill a map if u run back and fourth in the area.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Piou area in Death Mountains

well i disagree, takes more than falmyst time, but solution is player have 10 points before and did events 1 hours before TW even banq.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I'll look into the rates of the battle map but three days to collect all dungeon trophies? How is that bad in any shape or form

i tried speed one only and still didn't get it.
on my alt i tried 2 days ago and 12 runs 0 trophy, i literaly gave up and i will wait class drop or buff on it, its waste of time run for nothing.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

The price of capes overall was reduced and the pots where based off DSR still.

isn't worth new map potions at any point, DSR still better , 1 hour daily DSR is perfect for a full week potion, and DV you need 4-5 hours for full week.

Price can be similar but drop of green item is less than DSR soul.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I find this greatly exaggerated when Demon Fire alone can kill the boss in 3 mins. The bosses HP are around the Zodiac HP (Higher than some, lower than others) mark but they have less base resistance, no true resistance and you can use Reality Pots and Pets. I see no reason to rebalance these. To be quite honest I'd be rather happy if they all took 3-5 mins as that would be the perfect amount of time for a boss fight.

about this ,remember is amaris killing ,expect player with good knowledge, i was selling runs and saw person killing boss near rino, and they spent around 23 minutes, without deaths, (they had no DT, because DT was dying to mobs)
But these bosses are hell painful i tried magic one and its high hp enough to make solo players quit, like i saw many, language barrier is a problem for some people and they wont be able to do it until get carry or something. (BR's in general)

At all i think is just time to we get used to new methods to kill/farm stuff.

Only thing i can say its drop from DNG is bad and people are locking their alts at 120 because Palace still best place to farm money, would be nice have new gold DNG for Lv130 players.

• Like 1

First, many thanks for @Jordan's, @MrDoudou's and other support staff's hardwork for this Patch.

To me, as a player aiming to collect all achievements, the most concerned phenomenon after Patch 100 is about the ease to compete all achievement. 

The trophy drop rate in the new dugeons are pretty low. I have spent days for getting a particular trophy in a dgn. I don't really mind the drop rate of World Bosses in map or Battle Map could have been set in such rate, since the purpose of those bosses are for hunting by parties, which gives players more challenging routines or missions and these trophies are generally giving more strong stats / effects. I understand and agree we may have to spend more time on them.  However, for the trophies in dgns. I think it is rather a way for new-comers a better chance to get more useful gears before they start to join some advanced dgns.  It is not a surprise if I can't get any trophy after 10/10 in these new Patch 100 dgns. I think the drop rate should be similar to that of PoD or other previous dgns. (at least a lot of trophies dropped after 10/10 runs) It may not be a good place to torment players like me, to collect stuff. Rather let it appears in more challenging dgns in the future patches.

Another things about Elemental Batterfield, @Nanami has posted a suggestion related to this expedition. I would like to add more ideas on it here. Since it is also related to achievement points.  Most of the parties most likely to do this for Grand Statues. There are still some players or guilds may not really need such grand statues, but for me, my focus is about the "Trophies" in this dgn. Yeah, since they give points as well. I would say they are likely the remaining 1% achievement of the entire game that I can barely finish it.  These points really torment me a lot since it has been released. I can't organise a smooth party easily with my guildies bc of the time zone issue, and  even if i can play in the peak hour, there is not so many parties left due to the dgn is costly (Time for recruiting enough players, finish the dgns and gather mats just for a statue) for most of the players and small guilds AND not to mention they may not accept players outside their guild . :(   Just wondering if there may have some altenatives for collectors to get the materials more easily for trading the " Trophies" only, but not a easy way to get a statue to cather some players really wants the trophies and achievements.

Thanks for reading my suggestions which are pretty long.  Hope they would be considered. 

• Thanks 1

• VGN GM
21 hours ago, infecttado said:

1. I was just talking off my own testing. I don't know how good/bad fallmyst was as I never had the need to test that maps pod exp gain. I'm just basing my opinion on what I've experience in the past and what I experienced now. The Piou area gave me almost 1 full map from not even half the monsters with the x2 POD exp item. Which yes maybe worse than something like mayland or fallmyst but is a far cry better than farming durango at level 90.

2. Again I don't see what the problem is. It's a single piece of gear that once you have you have it forever (unless you some how lose it). It's not an RNG boss and the trophies are niche as it is. It's something extra to do when you complete everything else if you care for trophy achievements. Like I couldn't understand why anyone would want a game that if you get every drop in 1 day and be done with the content. Ok if it took over a week to get the trophy capping it every day I'd agree maybe thats too much, but really after 1 days worth of runs you gave up?

It took me over a day to make those trophies (design, create, test) not including the multiple days to make each dungeon. So if it takes you guys less time to obtain the items than it does for me to make them then what are we actually doing here. I mayaswell stick them on an NPC and call it a day. It's not a hard ask to request you put a couple days work in to collect them all. As I mentioned in my previous response you can either pair the run up with gold gains as the new dungeons aren't that far off Palace gold gains or you can just blitz it to the boss and nuke it and be done with 10 runs after like 10-15 mins.

3. I will look into it.

4. All I'm going to say on this is people didn't really kill Kimba at 75 cap, only the top guilds would. Same with Petra on this server, we where the only guild killing it for weeks. I don't see how having some harder bosses in a battle map is a bad change of pace. Soloing DD/BL bosses wasn't a thing until Awaken Weapons came out and although they where possible to solo, most people didn't solo BTS bosses until they'd already been out for a while. These bosses where designed with a 5 person party in mind. There HP and stats was balanced around the current 5 player party content for a reason. Like I don't know why you'd want a boss that lasts less than 60 seconds against a geared party. It's just boring, the boss doesn't get to use any of its skills or mechanics, mayaswell just play an AFK game on phone or something.

The whole point of a game is to play it, not brainlessly button mash. I desgin content to give the game what it lost when Awaken classes came out. S-Trial bosses at 75 cap and even the 80 cap patch with durango (no mimic) would take 2-5 mins for a good party to kill. Similar story with DD bosses and VL bosses, like I don't see why people just want to one shot things and move on, its not entertaining otherwise Limestone Mountain would be full. It takes a lot of time and effort to make these bosses, every skill aside from quest map mobs was hand crafted by myself. I had to manually take my time to look for fx, for sounds, for icons, hand create the functionality to be exactly how I want it. Then test it before then bug fixing. Like whats the point in doing any of this when the boss fight lasts 20-30 seconds and the trophy drops first try. Like you told me you where amazed by the quality of the content.

Whats the point in making quality content if people breeze through it in a day and never go back. It's a waste of time and it's completely forgettable.

-

As for the foot note about Palace, no we cannot make a new version of Palace as all things considered that was a huge mistake, it gives far too much gold in comparrison to other dungeons and if I wasn't thinking about free to play players I would have nerfed that dungeon. It should have never gotten through testing in the state its in.

That being said some of the new dungeon's aren't that far off palace as we tested 10 runs in each dungeon multiple times and analyzing the gold. I'll let you guys do your own experimenting with it but I will say that they're a good 2nd or 3rd option after Palace for gold grinding.

3 hours ago, Kinong said:

To me, as a player aiming to collect all achievements, the most concerned phenomenon after Patch 100 is about the ease to compete all achievement.

Achievements are bonus content, they don't have any requirement outside of the ones that give stats which none of the new achievements do. They're not suppose to be easy at all, some will be easy some will be hard, some will be quick some will take a while. There is no rush to obtain them, you can get them now or you can farm them next year, there is no expirey and you can do it at what ever pace you like.

The trophy drop rate in the new dugeons are pretty low. I have spent days for getting a particular trophy in a dgn. I don't really mind the drop rate of World Bosses in map or Battle Map could have been set in such rate, since the purpose of those bosses are for hunting by parties, which gives players more challenging routines or missions and these trophies are generally giving more strong stats / effects. I understand and agree we may have to spend more time on them.  However, for the trophies in dgns. I think it is rather a way for new-comers a better chance to get more useful gears before they start to join some advanced dgns.  It is not a surprise if I can't get any trophy after 10/10 in these new Patch 100 dgns. I think the drop rate should be similar to that of PoD or other previous dgns. (at least a lot of trophies dropped after 10/10 runs) It may not be a good place to torment players like me, to collect stuff. Rather let it appears in more challenging dgns in the future patches.

With the case of repeating myself as I found myself doing just read upwards.

Another things about Elemental Batterfield, @Nanami has posted a suggestion related to this expedition. I would like to add more ideas on it here. Since it is also related to achievement points.  Most of the parties most likely to do this for Grand Statues. There are still some players or guilds may not really need such grand statues, but for me, my focus is about the "Trophies" in this dgn. Yeah, since they give points as well. I would say they are likely the remaining 1% achievement of the entire game that I can barely finish it.  These points really torment me a lot since it has been released. I can't organise a smooth party easily with my guildies bc of the time zone issue, and  even if i can play in the peak hour, there is not so many parties left due to the dgn is costly (Time for recruiting enough players, finish the dgns and gather mats just for a statue) for most of the players and small guilds AND not to mention they may not accept players outside their guild . :(   Just wondering if there may have some altenatives for collectors to get the materials more easily for trading the " Trophies" only, but not a easy way to get a statue to cather some players really wants the trophies and achievements.

Unrelated to the OP but this is the only comment I will give:

25 Man dungeons have always had achievements. Maybe not requiring more than 1 run but if you can do 1 run you can do 10 runs. If you wanna collect them all its going to take effort and time. You cannot expect to rank 1 on achievement points if you cant do some of the content.

-

As a finishing note I will not really be responding to the points above any longer as I've made my stance very clear that the drop rate is fair (I will look into the battle map). If you want a game that you complete everything in a day you should already know I have no intention of providing that and have made that quite clear for the last few years.

Also bosses are bosses not goombas, they take atleast a little bit of time and effort to kill and if your dying to the monsters then realistically you need better gear and resistances.

I say this to you all who feel the need to come here and complain. Remember I'm a single person working on this content. I have a few helpers both staff and none staff who help test and help with opinions and ideas but most of this patch was hand designed by me with some help from @MrDoudou . So even that in mind the content we have brought you guys is what a team would create for you over the course of 6months to 12months at XL. This took me a lot of days of just waking up getting straight to it and then only stopping to eat/sleep. We also worked 7 days a week most weeks to get this content done so that I can move on to the next content which required this to be done first. So I do apologize if I come across as rude in my responses as I've tried my best to make design choices that are best for the longevity of the content whether people agree if I'm right or wrong.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

I say this to you all who feel the need to come here and complain. Remember I'm a single person working on this content. I have a few helpers both staff and none staff who help test and help with opinions and ideas but most of this patch was hand designed by me with some help from @MrDoudou . So even that in mind the content we have brought you guys is what a team would create for you over the course of 6months to 12months at XL. This took me a lot of days of just waking up getting straight to it and then only stopping to eat/sleep. We also worked 7 days a week most weeks to get this content done so that I can move on to the next content which required this to be done first. So I do apologize if I come across as rude in my responses as I've tried my best to make design choices that are best for the longevity of the content whether people agree if I'm right or wrong.

We're all very well aware of the hard work and time you spend on creating content for this server, no one is putting that down, Jordan and many thanks have been given already. I am thankful for your hard work on keeping the game and server alive, it is by far better than any other server anyone could ever host.

But we have come here as the players to make suggestions to help make it better for everyone overall because we are the ones who will be experiencing the grinding aspect of this patch and every other patch on a daily basis, so what's wrong with speaking our thoughts? and should they not be considered even a little? I mean we have come to you because we believe there could be room for small changes to them and just ask that you consider those changes, try to see our point of view when you do so, that's all. 

This is just my two cents and I'm done with the suggestions/post, I don't care enough anymore. I already spent 3 days farming all DGNs. I just asked for changes because I know other people don't have the same time I do, between working and just life itself.

Thanks for the patch, hope you rest up and feel better. 

PS: I don't need a response.

• Like 1

1. I was just talking off my own testing. I don't know how good/bad fallmyst was as I never had the need to test that maps pod exp gain. I'm just basing my opinion on what I've experience in the past and what I experienced now. The Piou area gave me almost 1 full map from not even half the monsters with the x2 POD exp item. Which yes maybe worse than something like mayland or fallmyst but is a far cry better than farming durango at level 90.

i used to farm on Durango and yes was bad, Mimic running with BM, was boring, this doesn't mean we need lock ourselves into ''old content ways'' being classic on this aspect doesn't make it good, just boring, and idc about it because i can have my full map, but i see alot of players skipping pod because they rush from work to get home and play pvp, like Jin use to do , or cass need to log on his account to do it before, if we aren't playing next day we can full buff 1 day before and just log to pvp.
But we are just trying to tell you since Falmyst we spend alot of time getting points for it, Viroona was super good near 1st dng at harbor.

2. Again I don't see what the problem is. It's a single piece of gear that once you have you have it forever (unless you some how lose it). It's not an RNG boss and the trophies are niche as it is. It's something extra to do when you complete everything else if you care for trophy achievements. Like I couldn't understand why anyone would want a game that if you get every drop in 1 day and be done with the content. Ok if it took over a week to get the trophy capping it every day I'd agree maybe thats too much, but really after 1 days worth of runs you gave up?

well i just tried to give feedback about , its ok drop rate for me, i can just abuse of 4 alts inside dng with Full bag and get all them in few hours, but i feel its being too much time for a item that doesn't affect anything, battlemap ones i agree its fine having low rate, since those are meta items and bosses are a bit harder.
About time you effort to do it, i'll say i'm the one who stopped to post videos showing how to break DNG like Daylight forest , just to make sure people can understand they need to do stuff as usual so when they come here to talk to you they don't compare those dng with future ones.
EE players mostly are lazy and they prefer old easy content than get used for the new stuff.
DRS for exemple is the worse battlemap we already had, too mahy mobs, lags alot, and spots was hard to use totem, also was locked runs to 1 class runs (at DoS i was able to push full tank on my classes and run myself for more massive exp and better usage of CP boost)
But New battlemap , is insane good, i can chill there, i can't do Normal class runs or some classes runs for now but its good map, spots are clean, they don't lag too much, and we can use totem.

6 hours ago, Jordan said:

I don't see why people just want to one shot things and move on

well this point is just 1 thing, we usually become solo players, because we lose people to small servers or they just quit because they say ''game is boring, no pvp and pve takes too much time''
EE is old game and people play it because its old fun game, we don't need have FFXIV or BDO inside EE, same reason old EE players don't play AK which had minimal upgrade on PvE.

I know i was solo player for half life of VGN but you made it impossible, which was better for me because i wasn't able to solo bosses so people stop being lazy, but i'm not able to invite people to the game also, because mostly want to play classic server (not vgn) or smol server.

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, infecttado said:

i used to farm on Durango and yes was bad, Mimic running with BM, was boring, this doesn't mean we need lock ourselves into ''old content ways'' being classic on this aspect doesn't make it good, just boring, and idc about it because i can have my full map, but i see alot of players skipping pod because they rush from work to get home and play pvp, like Jin use to do , or cass need to log on his account to do it before, if we aren't playing next day we can full buff 1 day before and just log to pvp.

I'm not saying we're locked into it, if you read what I said about it. I said what is currently available is much better than what has been available in the past by official standards. I never said it should not be as good as Fallmyst, I wouldn't purposely opt into making it worse, I just know with the fact from logging captchas and seeing people get banned that we cannot do a single spot pod spot as people will bot it and it will contribute to damaging the game. As I mentioned in my first message on this thread.

I have said in every post I will look into it further and you arguing about it and people keep on mentioning it isn't helping. Make suggestions, not complaints.

DRS for exemple is the worse battlemap we already had, too mahy mobs, lags alot, and spots was hard to use totem, also was locked runs to 1 class runs (at DoS i was able to push full tank on my classes and run myself for more massive exp and better usage of CP boost)

Well you know how I feel about DRS as we discussed it in game on patch day. With this content I spent a lot of time with the balancing of the EXP across the whole of the content and I'm glad to see that my efforts payed of with multiple spots being run for different purposes. And a lot of people seem quite happy with the speed of leveling in this content which was a very big smile on my face since with the 120 cap people really hated it and at one point it almost killed the game. So I'm very happy you and others are enjoying the new battle map too.

I'm sure you will be able to do normal class runs soon, will just take the right setup 😃

well this point is just 1 thing, we usually become solo players, because we lose people to small servers or they just quit because they say ''game is boring, no pvp and pve takes too much time''

EE is old game and people play it because its old fun game, we don't need have FFXIV or BDO inside EE, same reason old EE players don't play AK which had minimal upgrade on PvE.

But you should know by now I haven't created FF or BDO inside EE. Like yes I've added some really good mechanics to some bosses but I break the content up. Dragonridge Sanctuary and the Zodiac contents where designed to be hard contents by choice as even though their gear is really good. It's not the only option. There is plenty of other gear you could use and still be ok to play every other content in the game.

Elemental Battlefield is easy to be honest most of its mechanics rely on only a few players having a brain, the rest can just be damage and healers. Its only barrier to entry really is it kinda needs a party of 15-20 depending on the gear and skill of the party and how fast you wanna progress.

Abyss and Haven are both pretty simple contents, they have quirky mechanics that may require you to think a little but they're not game breaking you shall not pass mechanics. They where designed in this way too, cause they are the source of gear for players and I wanted a peer party to be able to give them a good go.

But what I'm saying is theres nothing wrong with giving the game something to think about, giving it content that people can enjoy and people can get better at.

PvP is my next focus and will be my work for October. I will be doing some revamps to the game modes hopefully improve the quality. I'm still creating ideas at this moment but I'll probebly be posting some stuff about it when i've got some solid ideas. As I wanna provide a guild PvP that isn't just a capping circle and some territory war improvements too, so people are once again excited to login every night to join. I also have some small plans for the none guild based PvP also but the main focus is those core modes that usually kept people playing for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey there, hope you all having a good day, sharing my thoughts about the new patch

Regarding the new battle map Demonic Valley, I would say DSR still remains as best. Resources required for potion enhancing in DV are too heavy in comparison for the minimal upgrade it provides. We also don't obtain MP Potions as drop so overall DSR wins.

•About the new trophies: They are really good if you starting, you won't dps as high as with CC, but you surely can do it. Highlight the 20% speed one.

Event with costumes, furniture and pvp consumables would have been good, I know players that were expecting it as well. However there's still New Year's event to be seen.

Weapons are strange since we got lv130 cap, weapons are lv120, and you roll them in lv110 content. Personally feels like we could've just had them at cap 120, there is no +120 content related to them. Arcane box re-rolling for 120% feels low so I'd say we will use 115 weapons since they grant teamwork buffs. However they are a good option for new players, I'd recommend using them if you are new one hundred percent.

New racials are good, zumi is best in my opinion. Human and halfkin are minor upgrades but lv8 gems were already seriously good so I'd say it's pretty fair. Same with partial enchants lv9 when we get them, lv8 are already huge compared to lv7 so it's understandable the changes are not huge. Frogs in the same lane. Zumi ones are very nice.

•Finally regarding pvp as a player that has attended every pvp of the previous 2 years, I can affirm we have lost many pvp players due to the preparation required for pvps. If you amount the gold it takes the approximate 20 potion types used, twist of fate, and the time for pod + events, it's considerable. Since a pod immobile spot like Classic, or pod dgn as seen in other servers is not possible in VGN Awaken, consider slightly boosting at least Death Mountains mobs. Honestly, Fallmyst was seriously slow compared to the other servers, many players could attend VGN after Angels or Infinity TW but simply didn't because podding takes too long. If you wish to change anything about pvp, please let it be this.

Excited to see the pvp changes you mentioned above, GA is VGN exclusive and it's my favourite pvp map so looking forward to them as well as the new bear racials, good work. Thanks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jordan said:

But you should know by now I haven't created FF or BDO inside EE. Like yes I've added some really good mechanics to some bosses but I break the content up. Dragonridge Sanctuary and the Zodiac contents where designed to be hard contents by choice as even though their gear is really good. It's not the only option. There is plenty of other gear you could use and still be ok to play every other content in the game.

For DS idk but Zodiac yes you did pretty well, its good, even Aqua which is a bit specific on classes and mechanic.
Also 25p which is pretty good mechanic on elemental boss, just too much HP and takes so long , so it becomes boring xD.

I'm sure you will be able to do normal class runs soon, will just take the right setup 😃

i tried and i need specific pet for this but its possible.

Make suggestions, not complaints.

its interpretation and badly typo by my part, i'm not fluent in english so it happens, about suggestions , i'm not going to give , game is pretty easy for me, just wanted to hold players instead of keep losing them, and force myself stop playing for few weeks/months.

About Pots in DV , just find way to ballance them with drop rate of this green item, its around 400-600 per hour selling runs, so i could say 900-1000 solo, which still alot for capes, but nothing for potions.

PoD , try to compare Falmyst exp at 120 and Piou area at 130, you will see diference, just make it equals or better than was there. (IDK if its good but make dng like suigetsu said was a nice idea, you could make 10 entraces or 5  and just reutilize mayland spot but mobs Lv125, Macro exist sadly but we need find way for better pod, at least 35% faster than its rn.

Sorry if you read as compain but its just my way to talk , never wanted to badly express myself.

Thank you for reading and again sorry.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
On 10/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, xSuigetsuux said:

Weapons are strange since we got lv130 cap, weapons are lv120, and you roll them in lv110 content. Personally feels like we could've just had them at cap 120, there is no +120 content related to them. Arcane box re-rolling for 120% feels low so I'd say we will use 115 weapons since they grant teamwork buffs. However they are a good option for new players, I'd recommend using them if you are new one hundred percent.

The intention was that they'd be more of a stepping stone gear for newer characters. Since they're kinda easy to get. The rerolling was unintentional though but it probebly isn't the end of the world to just leave it as it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1