Inconsistencies with the emerald trader in Demonic Valley

RozenniaChan

Currently there is an inconsistency with the emerald trader in Demonic Valley.

His last trade is 999 <Raw Emerald>s" for 10 <Polished Emerald>s while his previous trade is 500 for 5.

Sure, this is only a loss of 1 <Raw Emerald> but it is still an inconsistency. 

I recommend either to increase the item stack cap to 9,999 instead of 999 so the trader can trade 1,000 <Raw Emerald>s for 10 <Polished Emerald> or if it is possible to have a trader NPC to trade two separate items, then I recommend for the trader to trade 10 <Polished Emerald>s for 999 <Raw Emerald>s and 1 <Raw Emerald>.

Also, you already need 3 and a half thousand <Raw Emerald>s for just one cape, so there should  at least be daily quests in Demon Valley that gives <Polished Emerald>s as a reward like how Dragonside Ridge and Dimension of Souls have for their respective trading materials.

• VGN GM

The game doesn't really support stacks of more than 999 and the monster stone items are and exception because it just had to be. Is it a possible future move? Maybe but it's not something I'm actively thinking about or working on at this moment.

As for the emerald topic its quite a pedantic complaint. The only people benefitting from this is players as it saves them a single Raw Emerald so I'm not really sure who would even have a problem with this. Both the other custom made battle maps have had this same feature. Like to me this is just complaining to complain about something, it's not like its costing the player something extra to where its better to do x500 twice. If someone is truely effected by this then they can do the x500 twice and be happy.

As for daily quests I'd love to do them but the only options for them is either using the monster drops as the quest requirement or the bosses. To not give specific information out, I will just say that the way that I have to handle resources in the game now the path I went down to make this map and to be able to provide future content has prevented me from doing simple quests such as kill <monster> 0/10 quests. I will likely add boss quests in the future but as of the current moment I don't want people to be able to portal stone directly to bosses.

Just to reiterate my point above, it's not impossible but with how I've handled the map resources it would require big changes and to use some more valuable resources to make daily quests and it's something I do not think is worth the investment as it will hinder future possibilities.

• Like 1