[Solved] [Eden Eternal] Update v104 Crashes before Login

Alouette

After today's update, v104, the game crashes when loading after launching the game and before the login screen.
The error log only shows this:
[Desc]ERROR!! Mission[3435] AcceptCommand[AcceptSRA 1 11] is incorrect
No error message when it crashes, nothing. It just poofs :c verifying files doesn't fix it.
Edit: Verifying and redownloading don't work. Using a friend's copy of their updated game makes it update again and fails to work too. I'm stumped...

15 hours ago, Jordan said:

Try delete the client.ini before launching (This issue resembles the issue some people get when renaming a chat window with a space in it).

Tried this, doesn't work either :c I also tried to use someone else's config.ini that works for them, and it didn't work for me.
I genuinely don't understand what caused it. There was no windows update the day before the patch came out, nothing was installed or uninstalled, nothing was moved or touched, eden works fine on our other computers, it's just on this one pc the update broke and refuses to go past half the loading screen before login. If deleting everything and reinstalling it doesn't fix it, what could possibly be the issue?
@JordanIs there the possibility that something other than firewall/antivirus is blocking eden? Other games work perfectly fine, only eden eternal refuses to load before the login screen and closes without any error messages... I don't know how to see what causes the game to crash.

Edit: I found the solution! Thanks to a wonderful EE player named Amyo:
Enabling DEP (Data Execution Protection) and allowing Launcher, _Launcher and Patcher through it fixes the problem. It seems that the latest update has SOMETHING in it, I don't know what, but something that triggers the basic DEP that prevents code execution on software that seems malicious but in reality isn't. So enabling wide DEP and excluding EE processes solved the issue and stops DEP from preventing EE to load and execute its data.

Edited by Alouette
Problem Solved

• Alouette changed the title to [Solved] [Eden Eternal] Update v104 Crashes before Login
  • VGN GM

I can assure you this has nothing to do with the last update and has been something that some players have had to do for many years now. It's not something you should have to do which usually means theres something wrong with your windows install but for the sake of EE it can just be enabled.