Sign in to follow this  
Decathlon

Formula Damage

7 hours ago, Perse said:

I have a question here: do you know how exactly work the "increase dmg"? because has no sense for me. I made for example a test with my friend (I m sordman and he is archer)

basic atk ~ 400

crit ~ 800

But then, with an increased atk, the dmg goes to 8k or so, doesn´t make any sence for me.

Hi there! The part of the formula you want to look at is the following:

At = {(Apg + Askill + 15) * [1 + (Br6 + Br8 + Br9 + Br10 + Br11 + Br12 + Br13)]} * (1 + BonusEq - MonkBuff1)

BonusEq = Bonus % of the Weapon( Incresce damage of the Weapon; ex. Archer Bow 90 ---> Incresce Damage with a probability of 25% by 40%) https://prntscr.com/g6vwni

I shall now give an oversimplified example in order to make things clear.

Imagine that the attack of your character (taking the attack of the skill you are using, the equipment, etc into account) is 1000 and your equipment has an increased damage bonus of 110%; the defense of the enemy is 800 (we're not gonna take elemental damage into account). Now a non-critical, non-increased attack would cause 1000 - 800 = 200 damage to the enemy. If the equipment's bonus damage comes into play, though, the damage calculation would go as follows:

1000 * (1 + 1.1) - 800 = 2100 - 800 = 1300

That would be a 200 > 1300 damage increase. So the answer to as per why the damage increase is so drastic is that it gets applied before subtracting the enemy's defense.

Regarding the elemental damage, since it scales on the normal damage, it also gets exponentially increased.

I hope I've been clear explaining that stuff, but if you still have any doubts or questions feel free to ask!

Cheers ~

On 1/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, Perse said:

I have a question here: do you know how exactly work the "increase dmg"? because has no sense for me. I made for example a test with my friend (I m sordman and he is archer)

basic atk ~ 400

crit ~ 800

But then, with an increased atk, the dmg goes to 8k or so, doesn´t make any sence for me.

@Gilgames explained why there are so many difference.

I don't know your eqs right now and the eqs of your friend, but maybe you use the c25/28 and your friend too? In this case: If his total attack is 3000 and you total defence is 2500, the damage that you recieve is: 3000-2500 = 500. After this join the crit system, that depends from his crit damage+shells+others effects - your armor crit defence+jewerlys etc... So if the crit damage is 100% the damage improve in this way:

500 * 2(100%) = 1000.

The difference beetween the crit and the increase damage is this: The increase damage join before of your defense, so if he has 3000 damage and 120% of increase damage it become:

3000 * 2,2 = 6600

6600 - 2500 = 4100

Now if join the crit -> 4100 * 2(100%) = 8200 Damage. After there are other final improve damage like Buffs and others, but the reason why the increase damage is so power is because it's calculate before your defense.

How you can see his basic damage is 500, but when join the increase damage it goes over 4k.