Sign in to follow this  
Noka

Why EE is better than TS, read this if you plan on playing another server

First of all, my english is not that good, but those forums are mostly used by english people so I will do my best.

I know this review comes late and it may be closed by a moderator, but I just noticed TS closed and couldn't do any videos or nothing, not even a 1 month span before closing it. Anyways this review comes from a guy who reached endgame in both EE and TS and soloed everything, like lvl 90 trials in EE and Aquamarine waterfall party in TS (they where the highest lvl dungeons when I played them). This is to encourage people to play EE vendetta instead of TS .to or TS original

Things that TS did good:

- Better graphics (although people with bad PCs had to play at lowest settings).

- Voice selector to characters.

- Better combat system, you had to dodge boss skills that came in various shapes so good skill was involved.

- Better OST (different music plays when fighting bosses or watching cutscenes)

Things that TS did worst:

- Samurai supremacy. This is by far the worst of the worst flaw in the game. This class was both the best tank and the best dps. There's no reason to run other classes, even the clerig is useless if all the party are samurais with good builds. You can say things like "but the berserk heals more HP so it tanks better", well the samurai attacks faster so it triggers HP healing procs, and deals 3 times more damage than berserk so it will hold the agro better. Also had a bug for very long time that allowed him to one-shot bosses by stacking mobs around. Really, there was 0 incentive to using other classes, why keeping a grenadier for the freeze debuff when you are losing precious dps?

On EE there are a lot more viable classes, while half of them are  clearly underpowed, there's a rebalance patch coming that will fix that.

- Repetitive farming. You had to spam LP dungeons over and over and over to upgrade all your gear from +20 to +50. I'm talking about weeks. Yeah, weeks of farming the same dungeon. You could not farm LP anywhere else, There was also no good way to farm gold, it was just a number that slowly increased while doing other things.

On EE you can farm loyalty in various ways, and is not as centralizing as LP. For gold there's various ways to obtain it, like fae fields, crafting, EC farming in 75 trial, quantum physics or even 90 trial.

- No real pvp. Pvp is an important part of an online game, on TS well... the pvp was nothing. There's no territory war or guild vs guild like in EE, just a 1v1 with the same class and a arena that could never see because nobody joined. Even if there were guild vs guild, samurai supremacy would make it stink.

- No grinding to level your classes by killing monsters. Everyone loves killing monsters and watching their exp increase. On TS all you could do was leveling classes by doing quest, and some of those quest where added by Bash, meaning it would stink more on other servers. The best dungeon to get exp (forgot the name, the one with a chess table) was nearly imposible to beat with a low level class and if you went in party the exp was very low.

On EE you have grinding spots like Kimba room, BTS or DoS and you can sell runs to get gold.

- Defense stat centralization, I don't care what people will say about this, defense was the best stat in the game, followed by critical which you could cap by wearing just the correct armor set. A character with bad defense was trash sitting on the floor 8/10 of the time. I even had to make a guide to prevent people from quiting the game because they though it was too hard when in reality its just unplayable without defense. 90% of the trophies had the same effects so no variation there. The most viable trophy was a lvl 60 one just because it could be crafted with random stats and you could give it crit dmg.

On EE defenses and resistances have a cap, meaning that if you have 70 elem resistances you can't raise them more and you have to focus on other stats. There's variation unlike TS which is full defense until you recieve 1% dmg from all the bosses. There's a huge variety of trophies and you can see people using some obscure ones in their custom builds.

Hope people read this before going to another TS server (or Samurai Saga like I used to call it).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It doesnt matter if you or that Person who reached everything in both games and solo'd everything,think that EE is better than TS.

There are always People, including me who played both games official and private servers, who like TS more than EE for different Reasons and no matter what you or that Person say, would change anything about it. 

And we TS players are pretty sad that TSV closed and people who really loved the game switched to TS.to. I can understand it, even tho i would never go back to TS.to since i reached almost everything there too a few years ago. Instead i will wait here for Bash and the Team to be ready for opening a new "old" game like AK or GF or anything else, which will hopefully bring back the people to VGN from .to games.

Anyways, since TS just shut down i dont even see any relevant reason for this Topic. :S

greetz

BoxBox

I said those first lines to not seem like a guy who played twin saga 2 hours and call it trash after it. I don't think i'm better than anyone, since it takes barely any effort if you play the games consistently. We all hate people that talks trash about a game when they didn't even played the game long enough so I wanted to clear things.

There's two relevant reasons to do this. First, it's to encourage people to not play this game anymore. Second, it's because GMs didn't said why the game was bad or unsuccessful, and some people may want to know the truth from a player perspective.

Also, cool to see someone replying it. Hf with whatever you play BoxBox.

56 minutes ago, Noka said:

here's two relevant reasons to do this. First, it's to encourage people to not play this game anymore.

You will never be successful to encourage people to stop playing this game anymore, cause they love the game, no matter what you say.

57 minutes ago, Noka said:

Second, it's because GMs didn't said why the game was bad or unsuccessful,

It wasnt really unsuccessful or bad, but there have been many bugs and sh1t from x-legend or aeriagames, which our beloved VGN Team had to fix and it wasnt really worth it, because there are still 3 other games here at VGN which also needs attention about bug fixes, updates, content, events and so on. It would have been a waste of time after Bash tried to fix the issue for around 5 days and no one of the players wanted to force or demand Bash spending more time on this.

And there probably will be another game in the future when Bash and his Team will be ready for it, which will replace TS, so even tho i loved TS, i accept the decission and spendig my time in Nostale while waiting for the new one.

Puh, anyways, TS is already down since more than a week, so that Thread is kinda pointless in my opinion.

Have a nice evening all <3

BoxBox

4 hours ago, BoxBox said:

Puh, anyways, TS is already down since more than a week, so that Thread is kinda pointless in my opinion.

Have a nice evening all <3

Yeah your opinion isn't really valid here, he's stating his reasons as to why he thinks EE is better than TS, His goal was to persuade others who play the game to try Eden rather than go to .to or official server, your negativity is annoying and not needed, if you don't like his post then you can simply just not read it.

Both games are different with similarities, I've watched you post a lot of negativity on almost every thread like some kinda keyboard warrior, maybe others wont tell you to stop but I will. If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing, if you don't agree with it then state why. Don't call someone's hard work pointless, maybe there are others who are considering playing Eden over TS and wanna know the differences and similarities, this thread shows that. I don't know how well it does in being fair to both games as I didn't care to play TS as i felt it was just a copy cat Eden / AK. but that is my opinion which I won't shove down your throat like you seem to do to everyone else. 

@Noka Good post, I will lock it to prevent further comments / post like the ones before and just leave it as a statement rather than discussion, if you want me to re-open it then Direct message me and I will do so. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1