monoki

Prices too high for new players

I won't say I'm necessarily new I've been playing for about over a month now but
I did notice something that is probably impacting our new players.

When starting out new players need magic gear to get started and preferably the ones with the better
stats. However what I have noticed is that the market for the lower level items has sky rocketed
because older players or higher levels are buying them all to make +7 or +8 Naraks (which isn't a bad thing btw)
but when you think about how much magics or low level rares are being sold for now or just low level equipment in general
I can see why newbies are struggling to get their gear. The prices are too high for them to afford and they're kinda forced 
to use Base gear or keep farming until they actually get gear they can use.

This could potentially put off a lot of players because while it might be benefiting the higher levels its making it harder
for the newbies to catch up. There's no real fix for this either because if we do sell low level stuff so they can afford it
higher levels will just snatch it anyway because it's cheap leaving them with nothing.
I dunno about you but if i'm say level 15-20 trying to buy gear that's low level I don't want to pay 30-50 gold for a pair of gloves
when its taken me that long to get 20g and let's not get started on the jewellery costs...

I just wanted to bring this up because it is something I have noticed happening, prices in the AH are too high and some players
are being too greedy. Let's help out our newbies instead of making the game harder for them.

Magic gear can be bought from an NPC on practically every map so you shouldn't worry about it's price. As for the rares...they're quite easy to loot so the prices aren't high (trust me 30g is reaaally cheap). The only problem can be with uniques on lvls 30+ cause they truly can be expensive for a new player. But until you reach that lvl you don't really need good gears so...

The SB Market has always been one of extremes, from really high to really low. I don't know how many OG players would remember, but back in the day unique mechs would cost 60-80k gold (no, that's NOT a typo), unique gear would cost 15-20k uncertified. Obviously that doesn't mean jack shit for current game, but just goes to show some of the extremes that gear had cost.

Yes, farming is necessary and the game is more focused on L50+, as that gear (L50-53 unis) falls like rain and is super cheap on Auction house. You get the free full stat gear at L40 (L40-43 gears, CH stats, but free so who cares, and not to be confused with the garbage "base" gear that's give out for L20s and L30s). Rare gear drops  plenty for L20/30s and rare gear is better than the Base gear that you are given for free. Once you hit L45+, rare gear is surprisingly decent and you can do well with a bunch of +8s.

L45-49 unique gear is more expensive for a couple reasons. First, Small Spaceship (SS) is the only dungeon that drops it and it is seriously under farmed. Most of the high level people who do it are just doing it to complete their achievements. Second, because more people are getting to end game level, they want that L45-49 unique gear until they have enough stuff to craft L55-59 gears. Then once they get their kappa gears, they have upgraded their zetas and then sell it for lots of gold, so they can upgrade their kappa. The cycle of high prices continue.

Just need to have people farm SS more, get more drops (which SS seems to have a decent drop rate), and then sell for a more reasonable price to drive down costs for everyone.

Edited by DrDieLess

7 minutes ago, DrDieLess said:

The SB Market has always been one of extremes, from really high to really low. I don't know how many OG players would remember, but back in the day unique mechs would cost 60-80k gold (no, that's NOT a typo), unique gear would cost 15-20k uncertified.

That was due to a botter infestation on NA flooding gold onto the market, other servers never had this issue. DE specifically had uniques around 300g and kilos from 50-400g (10%/100%).

It is true that gold drops in this game favor higher levels much more than they should, so items that are essential at any level (such as enhancement tools) are unreasonably expensive for new players.

While on 20+ have same problem: not all drop are easy get.It can drop on every class exept your. Then forced to buy it from vendor (rare gamma) Because base equip too weak. But gold income is very poor, selling gems or enchant stones arent option. And cost of upgrade equip can be high. As a result - farming the low level equip, or walk with "base".

After getting some Rare gamma i look to store, and if there is no cheap equip (below 10g) i make price 5; not for profit, just for somebody could take this instead of base. But as i see, more leveled players dont even bother themself in that. These 5-10 gold not worthy of these troubles for them. But still its money for a new players.

So i dont understand why somebody sells rare gamma +7 as a price for Mega equipment (200 - 400) its just a narraks for oldest. Newcomer never buy it

Big problem: SS is hard

On 19/12/2017 at 6:48 PM, DrDieLess said:

The SB Market has always been one of extremes, from really high to really low. I don't know how many OG players would remember, but back in the day unique mechs would cost 60-80k gold (no, that's NOT a typo), unique gear would cost 15-20k uncertified. Obviously that doesn't mean jack shit for current game, but just goes to show some of the extremes that gear had cost.

Yes, farming is necessary and the game is more focused on L50+, as that gear (L50-53 unis) falls like rain and is super cheap on Auction house. You get the free full stat gear at L40 (L40-43 gears, CH stats, but free so who cares, and not to be confused with the garbage "base" gear that's give out for L20s and L30s). Rare gear drops  plenty for L20/30s and rare gear is better than the Base gear that you are given for free. Once you hit L45+, rare gear is surprisingly decent and you can do well with a bunch of +8s.

L45-49 unique gear is more expensive for a couple reasons. First, Small Spaceship (SS) is the only dungeon that drops it and it is seriously under farmed. Most of the high level people who do it are just doing it to complete their achievements. Second, because more people are getting to end game level, they want that L45-49 unique gear until they have enough stuff to craft L55-59 gears. Then once they get their kappa gears, they have upgraded their zetas and then sell it for lots of gold, so they can upgrade their kappa. The cycle of high prices continue.

Just need to have people farm SS more, get more drops (which SS seems to have a decent drop rate), and then sell for a more reasonable price to drive down costs for everyone.

Big problem: SS is hard!

yeah I see what you guys mean, still if this is the case then higher levels should take the time to buy some gear for a lower level every now and then just to give a helping hand

On 2/10/2018 at 10:21 PM, monoki said:

yeah I see what you guys mean, still if this is the case then higher levels should take the time to buy some gear for a lower level every now and then just to give a helping hand

I have actually done this and even enhanced it for them to +7 or generously to +8. Though i usually do this when they help me.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:25 PM, Filomena said:

Big problem: SS is hard

SS is easy, just push the PrintScreen button and then open MS paint and press CTRL V and then save as(probably a Jpeg file) name it and then click save. Sure there's lots to do, but very easy in comparison to tryring to complete Narak SpaceShip.

But as for Narak SpaceShip (AKA SS) for those who need to know and don't. First boss when at 50% will usually get a reflect buff that last for 10 seconds and then 10 seconds later it will get it again. So, I just time it so that I attack for 7 seconds and then wait till the reflect buff disappears and then attack for another 7 seconds and just repeat this. Second boss I have no idea how it really works, but I think it might be casting back the damage that you inflict on it during a certain cast, not sure it if is true, but unlike the reflect from the first boss you can still use eva or ch-eva in order to decrease the bosses acc/ch-acc in that damage actually hitting you. Third is easier than the 2nd, I think, though don't attack it at the center and drag it off to the side as far as you can before it resets and time buffs so that won't spawn the beetles and have them kill you while it stuns your toon. I have completed it easily in solo, but in team for an SW you either need the right gear for it or get to lvl 54, at lvl 59 if you still can't do it in team mode get better gear. AT is much more difficult than SS in my opinion. 

On 12/19/2017 at 11:19 AM, limeox said:

It is true that gold drops in this game favor higher levels much more than they should, so items that are essential at any level (such as enhancement tools) are unreasonably expensive for new players.

I would say that this is due to higher tier players feeding their lower Tier toons with gear and since the higher tier can obtain gold easier, that trickles down to lower tiers wanting more gold from those in the higher tier that wish to feed their lower tier toon with better gear since there are several combinations that one character can create due to the number of different rare items of amour as compared to the only 2 types of the unique. But you already know this and it's the in game players that I think want to just slaughter new incoming players so that they can obtain the better loot because the new player is easily killed.

7 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Ma tu lo sai già e sono i giocatori in gioco che penso vogliano solo massacrare i nuovi giocatori in arrivo in modo che possano ottenere il bottino migliore perché il nuovo giocatore viene facilmente ucciso.

Say smart and bogus, but get angry when they're targeted!

Without help I have created rare +8, just  many dungeons, Drasil and BC! it takes time, but at some point you can improve and make some gold!

1 hour ago, GoddessSand said:

@RedClover What the hell did I say? You quoted me in a different language, can you keep it English as the forum rules are English only?

He said, you said:

9 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

But you already know this and it's the in game players that I think want to just slaughter new incoming players so that they can obtain the better loot because the new player is easily killed.

11 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Ma tu lo sai già e sono i giocatori in gioco che penso vogliano solo massacrare i nuovi giocatori in arrivo in modo che possano ottenere il bottino migliore perché il nuovo giocatore viene facilmente ucciso.

Gosh Goddess, your Italian really sucks! Time to improve it a bit ahahahahahaha!

(Just kidding)

There are many players that do indeed help newer players out with gear. I am one of those, I just cant do it for everyone. So I have to evaluate a few factors. One is this player truly new? Two is the player going to be truly appreciative, or will they learn the wrong lesson and become a beggar or someone that expects the handouts? (seen this go both ways not just in SB). Three will they continue to play or is my gold being wasted? However I do see that prices can be extremely high at times, but what I see in many new players or worse returning players from years ago, is that they want the high end stuff "today" they sometimes don't have the patience to build up a tad. So the impatient people tend to be the most frustrated over the price of an item cause they don't want to work for it. I have seen the opposite too where a returning player works their butt off to get the gold they need. I will not name anyone here, but player X I just recently seen farmed for weeks in lower dungeon and was able to get a rapid bike and pet well before my main did when I returned. Granted I farmed a lot too, apparently I wasn't either as lucky on drops or wasn't as dedicated to the farming time as he was. So prices can be a double edged sword, hard to fight against it either way you look at it.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with asking for help, but there has to be a balance between asking for help and working for it and not coming across as begging or just wanting to be carried.

• Like 1

I have spent thousands of golds gearing new players, many of them still leave prematurely, breaks my heart every time. I still help new players despite this, I can't know if someone will leave or stay or whatever. All that matters is did you have fun? Did I make you smile? Did I blow your mind? if yes then I'm okay with that, If not, then I hope you find what you're looking for, dear newbie. 

• Like 1

Top theme was about hard life of newbies, as i can say on my 35+ lvls its much easy to make money. Main problems is on 20+ (again if waiting for exp boosters). Another problems is the direct gameplay, as was be said: late bosses need strategy, not just come and get. So advise is more important than golds.

Give me gold, and ill spend it; teach me how to farm and i get them myself.

• Like 2

Such a good thought @Fakof Give me gold, and ill spend it; teach me how to farm and i get them myself. <<< Love it.

This is my thoughts exactly which is why I attempt to find the most worthy of people to help. Not saying that I haven't been wrong many occasions, but I would rather see my help go to a good cause and be appreciated as well as maybe returned in kind. Hopefully I teach them to do for themselves as well as perhaps help others later when they can.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 1:48 AM, Jade said:

There are many players that do indeed help newer players out with gear. I am one of those, I just cant do it for everyone. So I have to evaluate a few factors. One is this player truly new? Two is the player going to be truly appreciative, or will they learn the wrong lesson and become a beggar or someone that expects the handouts? (seen this go both ways not just in SB). Three will they continue to play or is my gold being wasted? However I do see that prices can be extremely high at times, but what I see in many new players or worse returning players from years ago, is that they want the high end stuff "today" they sometimes don't have the patience to build up a tad. So the impatient people tend to be the most frustrated over the price of an item cause they don't want to work for it. I have seen the opposite too where a returning player works their butt off to get the gold they need. I will not name anyone here, but player X I just recently seen farmed for weeks in lower dungeon and was able to get a rapid bike and pet well before my main did when I returned. Granted I farmed a lot too, apparently I wasn't either as lucky on drops or wasn't as dedicated to the farming time as he was. So prices can be a double edged sword, hard to fight against it either way you look at it.

This is very true, it's hard to determine if a new player is actually new or just trying to reap stuff from you, i've had newbies try this with me also. I usually buy them a weapon to help them farm and teach them how to farm and where so this way i'm not spending the world on them but at the same time it helps.
as for farming it really is about luck with drops, some people get luck and others don't

On 14/02/2018 at 6:10 AM, Tygress said:

I have spent thousands of golds gearing new players, many of them still leave prematurely, breaks my heart every time. I still help new players despite this, I can't know if someone will leave or stay or whatever. All that matters is did you have fun? Did I make you smile? Did I blow your mind? if yes then I'm okay with that, If not, then I hope you find what you're looking for, dear newbie. 

Same here, I always try not to spend too much on them at the start though because you don't know if they will keep playing

On 14/02/2018 at 7:42 AM, Fakof said:

Top theme was about hard life of newbies, as i can say on my 35+ lvls its much easy to make money. Main problems is on 20+ (again if waiting for exp boosters). Another problems is the direct gameplay, as was be said: late bosses need strategy, not just come and get. So advise is more important than golds.

Give me gold, and ill spend it; teach me how to farm and i get them myself.

I teach them how to farm, I never give gold just a better weapon usually