Mereholt Grand Prix

Lupus Hirpus

Hi guys, as surely most of you already know, there is a motorbike track around the Bitterstone Base in Mereholt. My idea was, therefore, to use it to organize an in-game event like a race or a tournament.
Anyone who has ever tried to walk the circuit will already know that it is not a simple eight-shaped track, but contains several ramps and pits, which sometimes force you to go back. This means that competition is not based only on speed but also a certain amount of skill is required.

So, I had thought that the event could be organized in the following way:
1) all participants must compete with the same vehicle (LB-stormchaser for example)
2) to those who do not own the vehicle chosen for the race, one will be provided by the moderators
3) boost on vehicle speed are strictly forbidden, under penalty of disqualification from the event
4) the first, second and third classified will be awarded at the end of the event
5) the event will be organized as a single race or as a tournament to senconda the number of registered participants
6) there will be people in charge of checking the departure and arrivals
7) arrivals will be recorded in such a way as to have some sort of photofinish if necessary

What do you think?
I'm sure my idea is still very rough, it can be improved a lot. but second is something that can be done and also pretty enough.

33 minutes ago, Lupus Hirpus said:

Hi guys, as surely most of you already know, there is a motorbike track around the Bitterstone Base in Mereholt. My idea was, therefore, to use it to organize an in-game event like a race or a tournament.
Anyone who has ever tried to walk the circuit will already know that it is not a simple eight-shaped track, but contains several ramps and pits, which sometimes force you to go back. This means that competition is not based only on speed but also a certain amount of skill is required.

So, I had thought that the event could be organized in the following way:
1) all participants must compete with the same vehicle (LB-stormchaser for example)
2) to those who do not own the vehicle chosen for the race, one will be provided by the moderators
3) boots on vehicle speed are strictly forbidden, under penalty of disqualification from the event
4) the first, second and third classified will be awarded at the end of the event
5) the event will be organized as a single race or as a tournament to senconda the number of registered participants
6) there will be people in charge of checking the departure and arrivals
7) arrivals will be recorded in such a way as to have some sort of photofinish if necessary

What do you think?
I'm sure my idea is still very rough, it can be improved a lot. but second is something that can be done and also pretty enough.

I already tested and trialed this idea under the name moto gp seeing as it's bikes and not cars a wee while ago, in testing it went kind of ok but there were some teething issues

Edited by Spherical

• 4 weeks later...

Bikes on that track are problematic as you will be on it one second and off of it the next. With the animation time for mounting taking time, it would put several players behind much farther. I think it is personally a waste of time to race on that track and it would be better to just do a come get me race by locating yourself somewhere in the game and people have to race to that location. I have seen players on the storm chaser bikes actually locate GM's back in the day faster than those on the high end AP bikes. 

A thing to consider would be rendering times also like for example:
my friend and I were playing tag (because we are childish) but we kept seeing different things on each others screens
I would tag them but on their screen i was never near them. 
So if someone were to win this race but the person in charge of announcing who saw it differently it could cause some issues

19 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Bikes on that track are problematic as you will be on it one second and off of it the next. With the animation time for mounting taking time, it would put several players behind much farther. I think it is personally a waste of time to race on that track and it would be better to just do a come get me race by locating yourself somewhere in the game and people have to race to that location. I have seen players on the storm chaser bikes actually locate GM's back in the day faster than those on the high end AP bikes. 

I would assume they would have everyone ready on the bikes before starting it 

its a nice idea but the way it is and how the tracks are its kinda not usefull since just staying as close to the walls of the next turn and having the faster bike makes you an instant winner, this is not a racing game where you can speedup and slip making all the quirks of racing hard also  there is no unit collision

again  really nice idea but wrong game, it could be that other gses willl do this event but it probaly wont be commig from me since the practical and theoretical / the game is not made for that kid of event.

We/I do stand open for other mini games and events 

Edited by Doper