Retake into consideration

Clayton

Honestly it was doomed to fail, it had no real effort put into it. Apparently it was enough to close a thread that had be open for months with a ton of support over a single glance. I’m more disappointed in Vendetta for not really looking into the server that was made by aeria before they made the decision not to host Grand Fantasia. We couldn’t get them to give us any kind of answer on their concerns with having the server and any real issues with launching it here. Though a discussion took place a few days after the siwa launch why couldn’t they have considered launching the server as fast the decided not to. It isn’t like this is the first time that’s someone has suggested that a GF server be here. I would like to know why they made the decision so fast despite the support of the players who were eagerly awaiting a concise decision.

All the siwa server did was 2x exp rates and no tiered spenders. Its barely any different from their main server. Its just like any other new server they make, the p2w will establish their dominance as usual. After a while its gonna get merged anyway to the main server, its already dead and when they happens it usually always lead to a merge. Aeria just wants money and they found gullible enough people to actually start spending on it because sanctum is declining. People are bored with the way things are with aeria. Why some still play, I will never understand. The more you play the more you'll find yourself investing, talking about its hard to quit. Aeria doesn't deserve Grand Fantasia and neither does Ignit, while its the only Grand Fantasia private server out right now, even their playerbase is declining. I see the same 20 people in kaslow each day over there. I almost don't even know why i even bother logging in that server with barely anything to do.

• VGN GM

We understand peoples concern and how fast we changed our mind on this but it was never guaranteed to happen we held discussions within the team and we have all agreed that launching another game on VGN right now is not possible. We're focused on improving the current games and pushing the network forward that way for now as it's important to us to ensure we do not make another mistake like we did with Twin Saga.

If the time ever comes where we have the option to launch another game then maybe we can venture into this but for now we have no plans to launch another game.

13 hours ago, RavenSS said:

Actually I was really disappointed, if VGN do a GF sv, I'm sure it'll have a lot of support, why? Because the currents svs are just :poop: :l

Even though I was also disappointed with the decision that they made, I was actually happy that Bash did clarify the reason why they turned it down. And its 100% understandable that they want to improve their other games b4 they invest into another. I believe ppl felt at the time that all they're efforts they put into wanting a gf server all went down the drain. Some of us thought that they would invest into another game since Swia came out. But now we realize ( I hope we do ) that atm VGN just cant launch another game. Hopefully when they do decide to launch another game, it will be GF. And if it is then they will definitely succeed :) 

Also I wont be surprised if more ppl keep showing they're support for a GFV. Since we know its a high in demand game atm. 

It is what it is sadly but I'm ok with it I'm just still waiting for a new game to show up in here on Vend since the games I try to play on Vend didn't please me :c I kinda stop talking much on forums since there is nothing to do here. So at the moment I'm playing games on my new Xbox One S I got for x-mas

Most ex GF players now play other games like WoW, PuBG, OW and others.
Those players won't be coming back.
Attracting new players would be difficult with the new games out there and GF being almost 10 years old and aesthetically unappealing. 

I wanna see this happen as much as the next guy, but I don't see it happening.

On 23/1/2018 at 11:06 AM, Bash said:

We understand peoples concern and how fast we changed our mind on this but it was never guaranteed to happen we held discussions within the team and we have all agreed that launching another game on VGN right now is not possible. We're focused on improving the current games and pushing the network forward that way for now as it's important to us to ensure we do not make another mistake like we did with Twin Saga.

If the time ever comes where we have the option to launch another game then maybe we can venture into this but for now we have no plans to launch another game.

Actually, I'm aware of that, And I really hope you guys one day think about open a new game, every game you launch is awesome

• VGN GM
4 hours ago, RavenSS said:

Actually, I'm aware of that, And I really hope you guys one day think about open a new game, every game you launch is awesome

Thank you for the compliment it is always nice to hear peoples appreciation for our efforts.

I had bought a dev server and had the game working on it we were fully committed to launching Grand Fantasia here at VGN but it's just not feasible we cannot put more effort into more games when our current ones require more attention. Eden Eternal is being ran fantastic by Vivi and Jordan's dev work. Scarlet Blade is having a major patch incoming and I am always busy on NosTale working on stuff. If things had played out better including IRL affairs such as education, work and obviously other launches of games we might have committed to it.

We will however not be launching a game the first half of this year at VGN as our main priority is working on the ones we currently host as we owe it to our existing members of the community that effort.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Let me know if financial assistance is needed when Vendetta starts looking into starting up GF for real. I don't have too much to spare but it would be worth it. I have always dreamed of having a well run private server of grand fantasia. I played it for 11 long years and always feared the main servers would shut down... All that aside keep me posted. I know nothing in regards to the intense process it takes to construct a GF private server, but I could at least help out financially if ever a need arose. Love all your previous work, sorry for fresh account, forgot my old account xD.

Regards,

Nazzy

On 1/24/2018 at 10:07 AM, SarEIam said:

Attracting new players would be difficult with the new games out there and GF being almost 10 years old and aesthetically unappealing.

Pretty sure people said the same thing about Phantasy Star Online(: Blue Burst), which is much older than GF (we're talking Dreamcast/early Gamecube graphics old). There's still people playing it to this day, and new people joining the BB servers even after 15+ years (more like after 12-13 years, but the 15+ includes the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions). It's not big, but it's definitely got a decent following. Same thing would most likely happen with GFV if there are enough people willing to play a version of GF that will likely be much better handled than it's ever been under Aeria and .it. We'll just have to wait until VGN's current games get the attention they need and the team decides it's time to host another game, and whether or not they decide to pick Grand Fantasia.

And whether or not the Siwa server really does suffer a swift and painful death like others feel it will, assuming its presence will also be a factor taken into consideration.

Personally, I would like a new GF, actually it doesn't have to be another GF but just a game where that interest everyone and keeps them coming back, something that'll still be active in a few years, something that doesn't die in literally a month(Siwa), So I'm just peacefully waiting on VGN, to make a decision as to what they are going to do, I am new here and from the looks of it...the other games that are being hosted here are fading out also. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 12:03 PM, reijiarisu said:

Pretty sure people said the same thing about Phantasy Star Online(: Blue Burst), which is much older than GF (we're talking Dreamcast/early Gamecube graphics old). There's still people playing it to this day, and new people joining the BB servers even after 15+ years (more like after 12-13 years, but the 15+ includes the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions). It's not big, but it's definitely got a decent following. Same thing would most likely happen with GFV if there are enough people willing to play a version of GF that will likely be much better handled than it's ever been under Aeria and .it. We'll just have to wait until VGN's current games get the attention they need and the team decides it's time to host another game, and whether or not they decide to pick Grand Fantasia.

And whether or not the Siwa server really does suffer a swift and painful death like others feel it will, assuming its presence will also be a factor taken into consideration.

Just being realistic, man.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Misty said:

Do you ever think the GM team is growing ? ( just a question ).

Bash would have to comment on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the team's willing to bring new members on board (not entirely sure though, since I didn't join the VGN community until I heard about VGN prior to the Scarlet Blade Aeria server shutdown). However, the issue is that, for one reason or another (legal or otherwise), not many people are usually willing to help manage a private server (or manage one themselves, since servers can be costly at times), and private servers tend to not make a large amount of income (when compared to official servers, at least) due to lacking the means of drawing large crowds. Especially since private servers in general don't have much of a good reputation*, even when taking legal concerns out of the equation. So, generally, private server teams tend to be pretty small; Just large enough that they can manage all of their games simultaneously (assuming they're not managing just one game). So, generally, the gain or loss of even just one member can have a huge impact on a ps team's options.

Of course, at the end of the day, even if they get a new person that has the skill and time to manage GFV in Jordan's place, Bash would still need the time to oversee the project to make sure the server gets off the ground and doesn't share TSV's fate (none of us want that again). But as Bash said, GFV just isn't feasible right now with how full their hands are.

*You can thank the private servers that are more greedy and cutthroat than official servers for that. I've even heard of at least one private server that performed quite a few scams and underhanded tactics (i.e. selling high-end equipment to players under the table, only to ban some of those players later and silence them) to line their own pockets with money rather than improve their server (which was simply a computer in the server manager's basement, if I recall, with no backups whatsoever. Guess what eventually happened).

• VGN GM

It's hard for Bash to find people who he can trust, with the nature of his work Bash currently owns "exclusive" servers and GF would be no different as lets face it where ever the other server gets its files from they no longer have access to it which is why they don't get updates.

This makes him a target per say for people to try and steal the files from him which has been attempted in the past.

Sigh the story keeps switching on why vendetta cant host. I thought we solved the dev issue long ago. We get it, they cannot host a server right now. But it doesn't change the fact that the story keeps changing. I know it's been 9 months since this post, but we thought Jordan was going to dev. Then at the end, bash said no because of the launch of Swia. Technically idgaf about Aeria server it was doomed to fail anyway lets be real. We took that and believed that's the reason why. Fast forward 3 months later, its now a dev issue? I know Jordan is dealing with Eden but the reasoning keeps changing. To where we don't 100% know what is the real issue is. People volunteered to become a gs to help because Jordan said he needed helpers. Some people was even talking about starting a go fund me page for the server because they thought it was a financial issue. Is it 100% a dev issue or is it more than that?  Again, I'm not talking about launching the game, I'm talking about why the reasoning's keep changing. We're fighting for this because we know the benefits it can give us and vendetta. But giving us different reasoning is making us have doubt / not believe that you're on the same page as us. 

zWeZA.png

zWg4r.png

Can we stick to 1 reasoning pls :/

• Like 1

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, Sakura said:

Ever considered that the reason changes or more reasons arise over the past 9 months, yes I was down to develop the game 9 months ago, now I just don't have the time in life to focus on Eden, launching a new game and my real life commitments as well. Launching a game is much more work than maintaining a game and the launch is the most important part of the game as it builds the servers reputation, hence what happened with Twin Saga (Had a rough start, got better, nobody was willing to try the server again because of the start, etc etc).

We get it you guys want a GF server but at the end of the day is Bash's decision and if doesn't find it feasible, whether in the sense of if it will be a success or in the sense of if he has the right resources to make it a success. Besides picking at everything he says is going to make him less likely to open regardless if he gets the resources or not as why bother doing something for people who don't respect his decision?

• Like 1