Retake into consideration

Clayton

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

Ever considered that the reason changes or more reasons arise over the past 9 months, yes I was down to develop the game 9 months ago, now I just don't have the time in life to focus on Eden, launching a new game and my real life commitments as well. Launching a game is much more work than maintaining a game and the launch is the most important part of the game as it builds the servers reputation, hence what happened with Twin Saga (Had a rough start, got better, nobody was willing to try the server again because of the start, etc etc).

We get it you guys want a GF server but at the end of the day is Bash's decision and if doesn't find it feasible, whether in the sense of if it will be a success or in the sense of if he has the right resources to make it a success. Besides picking at everything he says is going to make him less likely to open regardless if he gets the resources or not as why bother doing something for people who don't respect his decision?

Like I said, I know that 9 months passed, but the reasoning on why the server is a no go keeps on changing. One moment its one reason and the next moment it's a completely different reason. A clarification would be nice. But I'll say it again. I know Bash said vendetta cannot host a server right now. If you decided to not dev anymore that's cool, but at least tell us that and not say we have no one to dev for the server. I personally have no hard feelings about u not being able to dev for the server if it happens, but again, at least tell us that. This is why it's becoming very confusing. If it don't make sense to us then ofc ppl would read back to try to understand. If that's your way of interpreting "picking at everything bash is saying" in a negative way then I apologize. 

• Like 1

I agree the players who are actively following the development of this threat hoping that their continued support will pay off with the creation of an English private server for gf are going to have questions. If players see something come up that they thought had already been addressed they are going to refrence those old post. The players on this thread are only try to help as best they can by trying to solve as many issues as they can to get to the point where they can enjoy the game they love so much. We just need clarification we know that no one has decided what to do but gms and gs are responding in our thread which means that our efforts aren’t a waste of time and would just like an update on the issues we face with getting this server open.

Okay, Jordan brought up something that I also forgot was a reason why not many people work on a private server.

While I haven't managed a private server myself (I did take a server management course during my Bachelor's education, though), as far as I've heard from those who have or know those who have, it's pretty much like working a second job. Servers need frequent attention to make sure everything's running optimally and none of the data within them is compromised, so a private server manager has to take time out of their lives to give that attention. This can be either simple or difficult depending on how much time you can devote in the first place, and possibly even your financial status (again, servers and games can be costly to manage and dev for), especially if you're already employed elsewhere. And when real life throws you a curve ball, it frequently nails you right in the face when you least expect it.

I know the initial reasoning was the new "official" server (and one or two other things), and that it's likely not a concern anymore. But that doesn't mean that real life can't be a heartless jerk that enjoys finding reasons to make you choose what to give or take. If things have come up that prevent Jordan from managing another server alongside Eden Eternal, and Bash has decided not to start a GF server because of that (and generally lacks the proper resources to manage a 4th game), then I'm personally not going to push them to do it. VGN can start a GF server (or whatever game they choose) when they're comfortable enough to do so.

And hey. While the reasons have changed from time to time, for what it's worth, at least they're TRYING to explain why they can't manage a GF server every time people ask why. That, along with their responses to concerns in general, is a MUCH better response than what you can typically expect from your general "official" server publisher. (Their common response? "We will look into it." Which is typically code for, "We'll consider the idea if it lets us milk your wallets dry and then some.")

4 minutes ago, reijiarisu said:

Okay, Jordan brought up something that I also forgot was a reason why not many people work on a private server.

While I haven't managed a private server myself, as far as I've heard from those who have or know those who have, it's pretty much like working a second job. Servers need frequent attention to make sure everything's running optimally and none of the data within them is compromised, so a private server manager has to take time out of their lives to give that attention. This can be either simple or difficult depending on how much time you can devote in the first place, and possibly even your financial status (again, servers and games can be costly to manage and dev for), especially if you're already employed elsewhere. And when real life throws you a curve ball, it frequently nails you right in the face when you least expect it.

I know the initial reasoning was the new "official" server (and one or two other things), and that it's likely not a concern anymore. But that doesn't mean that real life can't be a heartless jerk that enjoys finding reasons to make you choose what to give or take. If things have come up that prevent Jordan from managing another server alongside Eden Eternal, and Bash has decided not to start a GF server because of that (and generally lacks the proper resources to manage a 4th game), then I'm personally not going to push them to do it. VGN can start a GF server (or whatever game they choose) when they're comfortable enough to do so.

And hey. While the reasons have changed from time to time, for what it's worth, at least they're TRYING to explain why they can't manage a GF server every time people ask why. That, along with their responses to concerns in general, is a MUCH better response than what you can typically expect from your general "official" server publisher. (Their common response? "We will look into it." Which is typically code for, "We'll consider the idea if it lets us milk your wallets dry and then some.")

I don't want it to seem as if I'm (or we) are pushing them to host a gf server. We see the topic differently. I just want us to be on the same page to avoid any confusion :(

No hard feelings <3

tbh, @Bashdoesn't have to give people ANY reason/explanation for deciding to not open any game. He has said, MULTIPLE times, that there is a lot of work going on with current games right now, so there would be nothing even looked at for the first half of the year.

Even if Bash wants to consider having a 4th game opening, there's an unholy amount of things that have to be considered;

1. The game choice (obviously, duh :P )
2. Which GM has the actual time to take care of it (GMs have a real life too, with jobs and responsibilities)
3. Finding a support team (not just gonna choose random people on forums for it)
4. If the game choice has an official server (or even if it doesn't anymore), how does VGN make it a more appealing option. Adding new content, custom content, etc
5. Does the game choice have long term sustainability? Can you expand on current level cap, how much more content can we add, etc.
6. Making sure the game is different enough (style, graphics, gameplay) from the other games as to offer a good variety for both new people and existing people.
7. While BaSH said finances weren't the issue, they would be taken into consideration with any game
8. If a game is chosen and goes through the process, would BaSH be happy with the results or decide to scrap the whole thing. Does another game get chosen? Or does it make the whole "4th game" an option he doesn't want to pursue for the time being

5 hours ago, DrDieLess said:

tbh, @Bashdoesn't have to give people ANY reason/explanation for deciding to not open any game. He has said, MULTIPLE times, that there is a lot of work going on with current games right now, so there would be nothing even looked at for the first half of the year.

Even if Bash wants to consider having a 4th game opening, there's an unholy amount of things that have to be considered;

1. The game choice (obviously, duh :P )
2. Which GM has the actual time to take care of it (GMs have a real life too, with jobs and responsibilities)
3. Finding a support team (not just gonna choose random people on forums for it)
4. If the game choice has an official server (or even if it doesn't anymore), how does VGN make it a more appealing option. Adding new content, custom content, etc
5. Does the game choice have long term sustainability? Can you expand on current level cap, how much more content can we add, etc.
6. Making sure the game is different enough (style, graphics, gameplay) from the other games as to offer a good variety for both new people and existing people.
7. While BaSH said finances weren't the issue, they would be taken into consideration with any game
8. If a game is chosen and goes through the process, would BaSH be happy with the results or decide to scrap the whole thing. Does another game get chosen? Or does it make the whole "4th game" an option he doesn't want to pursue for the time being

hi, if u know anything about gf then number 4,5,6 and 8 you would already know the answer to that :):P

But u don't have to worry about us anymore :o we don't mind waiting to see what happens in the future

• VGN GM
On 04/04/2018 at 8:24 PM, Sakura said:

Sigh the story keeps switching on why vendetta cant host. I thought we solved the dev issue long ago. We get it, they cannot host a server right now. But it doesn't change the fact that the story keeps changing. I know it's been 9 months since this post, but we thought Jordan was going to dev. Then at the end, bash said no because of the launch of Swia. Technically idgaf about Aeria server it was doomed to fail anyway lets be real. We took that and believed that's the reason why. Fast forward 3 months later, its now a dev issue? I know Jordan is dealing with Eden but the reasoning keeps changing. To where we don't 100% know what is the real issue is. People volunteered to become a gs to help because Jordan said he needed helpers. Some people was even talking about starting a go fund me page for the server because they thought it was a financial issue. Is it 100% a dev issue or is it more than that?  Again, I'm not talking about launching the game, I'm talking about why the reasoning's keep changing. We're fighting for this because we know the benefits it can give us and vendetta. But giving us different reasoning is making us have doubt / not believe that you're on the same page as us. 

zWeZA.png

zWg4r.png

Can we stick to 1 reasoning pls :/

A lot has happened since July 2016 though that has changed our opinions further. I cannot just sit and repeat myself over and over for you guys to continue offering solutions like you have. Each "excuse" has been a legit excuse and I do not believe a new game added to VGN right now is what this network requires in order to grow.

I would love nothing more than to grow the community further for VGN there is a blank space on the VGN main page for example I'd love to fill but right now isn't that time. Who's to say if we decide on launching GF and it flops that it doesn't affect our other servers?

Back in 2013-2014 I worked for a group of guys who threw game after game at me expecting high numbers and it done nothing but taint this network's name that I have had to rebuild, so I am not up for just throwing games here willy nilly without knowing I can deliver it to the network's standards that I have set.

People still refrain from joining our network because of mistakes made years ago I am not willing to further damage that.

As I've said in other posts when the time comes and we want to add a new game to our roster GF will be taken seriously as an option. I know X-Legend games in and out it's not very hard to launch on a technical basis but we need to be sure it's what's good for the network.

• Like 2