Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

[Preview] Patch v29 Information

Introduction

Hey everyone as I've said across a few posts in the past week or so this is a thread that I will post some information about the current patch I'm working on and what you can expect from this patch and when you can expect to be getting it.

Patch Information

The main feature of this patch will be the new dungeon that is currently known as 'Gates of Pandemonium' that will be added to the patch. The style of the dungeon will be loosely based on the Temple Knight Trial but also with features from several other dungeons to try and give the aspect of a challenge to the players. The main goal of this content was to create a dungeon in which the players will have a challenging PvE dungeon to do with a party of 4-5 players. With all the player base in mind the dungeon will have both an 'Easy Mode' and a 'Challenge Mode' with the rewards being greater in the 'Challenge Mode' for obvious reasons (You may complete both each day if you would like).

As I don't want to spoil too much about the content I will just say that there will be new rings, necklaces, capes and trophies along with a new permanent title that will be different to the Temple Knight title for the players to obtain.

As for other content the patch will contain I cannot say for certain because I'm still working on it and I do want to get this patch out ASAP; however, I want the core content of the patch to be done right so if that means pushing back my other ideas then thats what will happen. (Yes the Aven music will be fixed back in this patch).

I will be unavailable to work on this patch for the next 2 weeks due to real life commitments; however, once they are done and dusted 100% of my time will be spent on completing this patch so you can expect it around 4 weeks from now depending on how well testing goes.

Patch Preview

Here are some teaser images of two of the bosses from the new dungeon.

G7cbSFa.jpg

ASENwC8.jpg

Feel free to discuss or ask questions on this thread, I will try to avoid releasing any spoilers ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cursed said:

looking at this second pic, the boss will have aoe hk like shale cavern last boss ?  'u'

Nope ;)

• Sad 1

I know you cant tell us too much, but...reply in yes/no can avoid spoilers to an extent(?)

1. What are the run limits of Easy/Challenge mode?

2. Can we expect some minor class changes?

3. Is the location also in Viroona?

4. Will the long awaited gold version of Sadness Ring or the level 40 triple hit necklace, or perhaps items with a similar effect be involved?

5. 2 of the bosses are released in the pictures, will we get more than 4 in the dgn?

6. Will the "rewards" mentioned have direct relation to the new items like how the TK tokens exchange for rings?

7. Can we get the name of the title in "XcXrXXrX XXgXXXkX" but not its effects? I would like to play some guessing games  xD

After many long hours of work, this dungeon has came to the light of the public <3. A lot of hard work has been done on this dungeon and hopefully people will enjoy it :D

2 hours ago, Specter said:

I know you cant tell us too much, but...reply in yes/no can avoid spoilers to an extent(?)

1. What are the run limits of Easy/Challenge mode?

2. Can we expect some minor class changes?

3. Is the location also in Viroona?

4. Will the long awaited gold version of Sadness Ring or the level 40 triple hit necklace, or perhaps items with a similar effect be involved?

5. 2 of the bosses are released in the pictures, will we get more than 4 in the dgn?

6. Will the "rewards" mentioned have direct relation to the new items like how the TK tokens exchange for rings?

7. Can we get the name of the title in "XcXrXXrX XXgXXXkX" but not its effects? I would like to play some guessing games  xD

1. I was hoping for a once a day kinda ordeal.

2. All depends on time.

3. Location is not 100% confirmed as still experimenting with spots based on accessibility.

4. This will never happen as people complain about burst classes enough as it is, giving them an extra tool is just a disaster.

5. Total of 5 boss fights with a pseudo boss fight mixed in.

6. Yes.

7. Title is still in the works, maybe closer to the time of release.

I'm glad that you didn't added lvl 100 sets, I would shot myself if I had to upgrade that again. Interesting to have another dungeon like TK, I remember how hard it was with lvl 85 equipment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noka said:

I'm glad that you didn't added lvl 100 sets, I would shot myself if I had to upgrade that again. Interesting to have another dungeon like TK, I remember how hard it was with lvl 85 equipment.

I wouldn't really call the TK trials hard back then, it was largely just a matter of understanding what needs to be done, like everything else, just a matter of paying attention to everything thats being said on both npc's and on boss skills, as opposed to just rushing in guns blazing and wiping.

14 minutes ago, default said:

I wouldn't really call the TK trials hard back then, it was largely just a matter of understanding what needs to be done, like everything else, just a matter of paying attention to everything thats being said on both npc's and on boss skills, as opposed to just rushing in guns blazing and wiping.

but thats the sense of "hard" on EE cuz only few trials u have to think if ure geared, the most part u can rush and spam skill without problem(except when have reflect xD)

37 minutes ago, default said:

And paying attention to mechanics instead of using 4T potions and rushing every boss is the definition of hard in this game... or mmorpgs like EE in general. Like I stated in another topic, a boss in this game is not "hard" unless you give it dirty tricks to kill the player, like reflects infinite cc one-hit kills or other mechanics like mustachio. Should we call gore render hard because it uses reflect almost instantly? no if we compare it to other games, yes if we talk only about EE.

It would be interesting if those flames in the background provide cover for said one-hit kill skills from boss, but also take away ur p-healing and ur hp, so you would have to "resurface" every so often just to avoid being boiled. Not sure if Jordan can actually add this though, or would they have to be made like immobile fire particles from colossal T?

Now that I take a longer look, I believe I recognize that dungeon just based on those two pictures, and I fucking hate that dungeons layout, its cancer, its almost as bad as that dungeon in viroona next to the ocean. But that could just be hate talking from back when I had to run that dungeon all day every day.

4 hours ago, Specter said:

It would be interesting if those flames in the background provide cover for said one-hit kill skills from boss, but also take away ur p-healing and ur hp, so you would have to "resurface" every so often just to avoid being boiled. Not sure if Jordan can actually add this though, or would they have to be made like immobile fire particles from colossal T?

Those flames have significant purpose to the bosses mechanics and are not just there for decoration.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 6:18 PM, Jordan said:

1. I was hoping for a once a day kinda ordeal.

2. All depends on time.

3. Location is not 100% confirmed as still experimenting with spots based on accessibility.

4. This will never happen as people complain about burst classes enough as it is, giving them an extra tool is just a disaster.

5. Total of 5 boss fights with a pseudo boss fight mixed in.

6. Yes.

7. Title is still in the works, maybe closer to the time of release.

"Burst classes" sounds cool Jordan lolxD. I was hoping for a once a day kinda ordeal." I hope you can make the 2 Solo(s) and 10 party(s) like the rest of the dungeons in the game already.

Anyway, nice job Jordan, Vivi and the GS team for making this wonderful content. Thanks!

1 hour ago, impactiko said:

"Burst classes" sounds cool Jordan lolxD. I was hoping for a once a day kinda ordeal." I hope you can make the 2 Solo(s) and 10 party(s) like the rest of the dungeons in the game already.

Anyway, nice job Jordan, Vivi and the GS team for making this wonderful content. Thanks!

It's not a normal dungeon, it's a trial like dungeon as mentioned similar to TK which can only be ran once per day.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jordan said:

It's not a normal dungeon, it's a trial like dungeon as mentioned similar to TK which can only be ran once per day.

ah gotcha^^. I hope its fun like the TK:D

Actually, been wondering, will there be class drops for specific items or will it be EXACTLY like TK, where it is bp and random dropping?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Specter said:

Actually, been wondering, will there be class drops for specific items or will it be EXACTLY like TK, where it is bp and random dropping?

I was wondering the same thing too. I just forgot to type it, lol.

Interesting... we really need more PvE challenge xD

The boss from first picture looks like Azmodan from Diablo 3

XG4UMPH.jpg

• Like 1

On 14/3/2018 at 7:04 PM, SaaY said:

Interesting... we really need more PvE challenge xD

The boss from first picture looks like Azmodan from Diablo 3

XG4UMPH.jpg

is Azmodan Eden Style :D

• Like 1