Specter

Server Maint error

Ok, so I cant log in, it says all channels r under maintenance, yet the VGN website says its up.

Is there something wrong on my end, or did the server just hiccup again?

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

Eden always breaks with DST, I've sent Bash a message so it will be back up when he's around.

Have you ever tried to change the timezone on the server? I don't know if your service provider is able to help with that, so you can change it to match with (as an example) GMT-6 where we do not have DST.

The next step (if the trick was possible) would be to just change the schedule of things (events as tw, gvg and arenas, among others) to match up with the one we have by now.

It's just a little suggestion but I don't know if this has been addressed or even tried in the past.

7 hours ago, xSeptentrion said:

Have you ever tried to change the timezone on the server? I don't know if your service provider is able to help with that, so you can change it to match with (as an example) GMT-6 where we do not have DST.

The next step (if the trick was possible) would be to just change the schedule of things (events as tw, gvg and arenas, among others) to match up with the one we have by now.

It's just a little suggestion but I don't know if this has been addressed or even tried in the past.

I believe as the machine itself is in a timezone with dst it will still crash regardless of the server timezone.