Gec

Disconnected after 5 minutes

Well folks it seems I finally get to join the club of players getting disconnected by mother in-game. I just had my modem replaced by my ISP a couple of hours ago as the old one already had problems such as a faulty switch. Upon replacing everything in regards to the internet became smoother except SBV. Now I get disconnected from the game exactly 5 minutes upon login. I don't experience any lag of the sort within those five minutes, gameplay is fine until I reach the 5 minute mark then *poof* "Mother has disconnected you from the server." I had disconnection issues with the game when I still had the old modem, but not this bad. Before, I only experienced the DCs during a certain time of the day and those DCs had 1-3 hours intervals before happening again.

I did everything in DrDieless's guide for disconnections. I directly connected my PC to the modem via LAN cable as I was using wifi, used a VPN to get an IP closer to the server in Paris (used 2 VPNs, Softether and WTFast), flushed my DNS, allow the game on my firewall, updated my network drivers, I even set a static IP for my computer just to see if the ISP's modem is having issues with it's DHCP and the issue still persists. At the moment I'm trying to reinstall the game if that helps. I'm playing from the Philippines by the way and I know a couple of players from here who play the game that do not have this issue. I hope someone can help me out. :(

Might just be the routing the ISP takes to get to our servers is longer/not ideal. Could also check the router's firewall itself and see if it's blocking the connection.

I'd also play around with the VPN and rather than trying to get closer, find a better route between you and the servers.

Also, thread moved to help section.

Thanks for replying. Anyways, I turned off the ISP router's firewall and also allowed the inbound and outbound connections for the game for the firewall built in the AV I use(Kaspersky Internet Security). Still the same issue persists. Also called my ISP and they performed an "enhancement" and to wait 24 hours to call them again if the issue still persists; then that's the time they'll send a report so that the their techies can check the line in our area if that's causing the issue. For the mean time, I tried using the Leatrix Latency Fix which I found in a thread posted by Drakkar a year ago. Improved the dc intervals from 5 mins to 20 mins or so, but yeah it's still there.

Just posting again. Still haven't really resolved my issue yet but I'm wondering if any of the GMs can provide the IP for the server? Just want to ping it directly to check if I get any packet loss as it may also be the cause of the DCs. Upon further research in the forums, it seems that this issue can happen no matter where the player lives and it only seems to happen randomly to those who are unfortunate. :S

1 hour ago, Gec said:

Just posting again. Still haven't really resolved my issue yet but I'm wondering if any of the GMs can provide the IP for the server? Just want to ping it directly to check if I get any packet loss as it may also be the cause of the DCs. Upon further research in the forums, it seems that this issue can happen no matter where the player lives and it only seems to happen randomly to those who are unfortunate. :S

ICMP is not available on our servers so pinging isn't possible

7 minutes ago, Bash said:

ICMP is not available on our servers so pinging isn't possible

Oh well. Still, my issue is still there. Have tried everything. Even gave my ISP hell because of it and still no dice. Still getting "mother has disconnected you from the server." Sigh, this is really sad as I was just starting to enjoy this game.