Sign in to follow this  
monoki

Enough with the "Zerg" Argument...

First off.. not attacking anyone, I'm just giving some thoughts ok?

So the Term "Zerg"  has been thrown around a lot recently and the thing is.. i'm not sure why?
The definition behind the word "Zerg"  or "Zerging" typically looks like this:

"Zerg is a slang term for a group of low-level gamers who depend on overwhelming numbers to achieve victory, rather than relying on technique or strategy."

However this isn't actually what "Zerging" even is..

An actual "Zerg"  is more along the line's of:

"Real zergs are groups that start out small and realize they cannot win. So they call in overwhelming Numbers to assist them And Bombay targets down until there is nothing left. This is what a zerg really is. Sore losing that goes bad. "

Quoted from this brilliant article here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9309301610

A Zerg isn't a bunch of "UNDERSKILLED" players who "depend on large numbers" and even saying this is an insult to ourselves and our factions. You're telling me that the entirety of the PVP RG and FK player base is nothing but under skilled players? and that each side can only win with larger numbers than the other? 
I have seen players on both sides prove that this most certainly is not true. We have strong players on both sides but they can only do so much and that is when they call for help.

For example: A group and I were in Amara attempting bosses and the opposite faction wanted to PVP... The problem? we were little in numbers compared to them and we were struggling. We struggled because the number's despite having skilled players in our group were too much above our own so we called for help to "EVEN" the numbers. THAT IS NOT A ZERG
However once we had gathered more to try and even the number's the enemy side called for more as well making the number's yet again uneven. Eventually the number's evened out again with our side having only slightly more but those being medic's sitting at base and some of our other players along side them so the number's on each side were still even in the battle. THIS IS STILL NOT A ZERG

For it to have been a proper Zerg the number's would of had to of been along the lines of.. 20 vs 40 (Sounds like a familiar number..) 
*COUGHCOUGHALKASAVA/NUCLEARBUNKERCOUGHCOUGH*
if the number's are near equal eg. 45 vs 40 then it is most defiantly not. If the number's are already equal I see no reason to call anymore player's to PVP with the exception of those who came to join without being requested. Calling more than what you actually need is leading to becoming a Zerg and if the number's on one side become too great then that is when it becomes one.

A Zerg has nothing to do with "Skill" or "Level".. it's when one side is losing and call's more than they need to attempt to win despite the play field being of equal numbers. If your saying a side is "Zerging because they can't win without it because they are unskilled and bad" then your are sorely mistaken... and quite frankly.. are just being a sore loser/winner.

Note: I know someone is going to bring up Lowbies and Undergeared players or not having a certain class on their team but these are thing's that can't always be helped in PVP however they can be over come with team work. Help your Lowbies, protect your Undergeared and do what you can with the classes that you do have and ALWAYS THANK YOUR MEDICS!

You guys are free to agree or disagree just keep the comment's clean yeah?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, monoki said:

For it to have been a proper Zerg the number's would of had to of been along the lines of.. 20 vs 40 (Sounds like a familiar number..) 

sounds familiar to :P

but good zerging ore not

the pvp is killed in this game and never will become even ore better
i gave up on the pvp because i noticed what is happening
and i will just become a pve hero

have fun on the unfair pvp because soon there is no rg left anymore as already a bunch went to reroll to fk like 1 in this topic :)

9 hours ago, monoki said:

Note: I know someone is going to bring up Lowbies and Undergeared players or not having a certain class on their team but these are thing's that can't always be helped in PVP however they can be over come with team work. Help your Lowbies, protect your Undergeared and do what you can with the classes that you do have and ALWAYS THANK YOUR MEDICS!

You guys are free to agree or disagree just keep the comment's clean yeah?

Don't protect the Lowbies, Feed them to other side first, that way the other side can waste powerful skills, Stuns, and disables on these lowbies first, not to mention if they underestimate the power of the lowbie the other side can also waste their own HP or use up any protective buffs for the more geared players to come in after and slaughter them.

As for Zerging, ya, that's pretty much all the game is. Undergeared/lowbies in high numbers or Geared/high level players in high numbers. Kinda what people do and think it's fun.

7 hours ago, Spyro said:

but good zerging ore not

have fun on the unfair pvp because soon there is no rg left anymore as already a bunch went to reroll to fk like 1 in this topic :)

Yes I will have fun with pvp because the numbers are equal now

Stop being salty I left your faction smh it was my choice and I do not regret it but it seems like you do, maybe treat people nicer in the future 

Must be so hard for you not winning all the time now, enjoy being a PvE "Hero" <3 

14 hours ago, DrakkarUlfsark said:

sounds familiar hahaha

Hey now not everyone can be a God player like yourself :)

6 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Don't protect the Lowbies, Feed them to other side first, that way the other side can waste powerful skills, Stuns, and disables on these lowbies first, not to mention if they underestimate the power of the lowbie the other side can also waste their own HP or use up any protective buffs for the more geared players to come in after and slaughter them.

As for Zerging, ya, that's pretty much all the game is. Undergeared/lowbies in high numbers or Geared/high level players in high numbers. Kinda what people do and think it's fun.

Very well and when said lowbies quit because they don't have any fun being used as living meat sheild I will know who to talk to

8 hours ago, Spyro said:

but good zerging ore not

If your going to comment on all my posts constantly saying how I switched sides I seriously question why you care so much since your one of the reasons I left 

4 hours ago, Emily said:

that word doesn't have any proper  meaning nowaday people would call 4vs5 a zerg 

That's hardly a zerg tho, the term is literally being tossed around by butthurt people who are sore winner/losers 

2 minutes ago, monoki said:

Very well and when said lowbies quit because they don't have any fun being used as living meat sheild I will know who to talk to

You do the same to pawns in chest. They should accept their ass getting kicked. Though if really if they at least got enough ch-acc/acc they can still stall many of the OP players, but I have yet to meet a lowbie to fit that so they should stay the meat shield.

Just now, GoddessSand said:

You do the same to pawns in chest. They should accept their ass getting kicked. Though if really if they at least got enough ch-acc/acc they can still stall many of the OP players, but I have yet to meet a lowbie to fit that so they should stay the meat shield.

Still not really the mindset we should have, at least teach them to defend themselves better 

1 hour ago, monoki said:

If your going to comment on all my posts constantly saying how I switched sides

how many times did i say it by now ? show me all the post you will find 2 :)
as for that you left and 1 of the reassons (you dont hurt me with that comment xD but as you bring it up still you have left earlier then that
because you left in the time that i wassent playing for a month because of the baby
and for now wil not even bother about reacting even further on you because
you want to make your point and
and if anyone else specially me give my thoughts you get mad and wave it away to make your point the only and only truth
im done

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

how many times did i say it by now ? show me all the post you will find 2 :)
as for that you left and 1 of the reassons (you dont hurt me with that comment xD but as you bring it up still you have left earlier then that
because you left in the time that i wassent playing for a month because of the baby
and for now wil not even bother about reacting even further on you because
you want to make your point and
and if anyone else specially me give my thoughts you get mad and wave it away to make your point the only and only truth
im done

I'm sorry but are you done? I left your faction . DEAL WITH IT.
and you know what? THANK YOU because the free knight side is full of the kindest people I have met on this game and they look out for each other which is more than I can say for you and most of the RG side.
If you don't care then why bring it up at all yeah? You guys wanted me gone and I left, go now and be happy while I enjoy my time with my FK family, peace <3

kindest people I have met on this game and they look out for each other which is more than I can say for you and most of the RG side.

sure thats what you say to all factions that help you in every game
like when we helped you gear up your character and gave you a bunch of stuf but it was not enough for you
so you put a knife in the back of everyone that helped you out
not only in the guild but even outside the guild
only 1 person is left that gives you all because he likes you to mutch and you just play with his mind ;)

goodluck with mindfucking and yeah we dont miss you i just react as opinions but yeah now you do the same as always
if someone is telling the truth you run and you block because the truth is to hard to handle
goodluck in your lies to all those fk people they will know who you really are in short time ^^

well nixel have fun with backstabbing ppl on the fk side cuz that what u do and soon they will figure out what kind of monster u are ;) ppl being nice and help u and then u tell lies because u dont get enough attention anymore your game will soon be done and then u can go back to league of angels :)

PS some1 that used to be kind to u but got backstabbed 

• Like 1

Introducing the wildly anticipated novella of the year: "My faction is better than yours" 

with hit chapters like:

• You zerg us!
  • The psychological mindset of Zergs - why your faction sucks and mine doesn't. 
  • The side of betrayal in a video game
  • No, you
  • We're all going to die anyway, so fuck it. 
  • and so much more worldly matters that can really change the world!

Written by the Scarlet Blade Community. 

Stay tuned for the next installment, in a forum near you!

• Like 1

Just now, Sardonic said:

Introducing the wildly anticipated novella of the year: "My faction is better than yours" 

with hit chapters like:

• You zerg us!
  • The psychological mindset of Zergs - why your faction sucks and mine doesn't. 
  • The side of betrayal in a video game
  • No, you
  • We're all going to die anyway, so fuck it. 
  • and so much more worldly matters that can really change the world!

Written by the Scarlet Blade Community. 

Stay tuned for the next installment, in a forum near you!

will be a nice book gheheh