Dead Maps

uLUVme

just a thought, sbv players always tend to go immediately to end game because the game is more alive in there compared to lower level maps where only a very few people choose to stay ....

the game is actually very good, but it's always hard to convince other people to try the game because lower maps are so dead ...

wouldn't it be nice if for every map/stage (like lvl29, lvl39, lvl49, lvl59) there would also be a level capper? something that can hold and allow the players to stay in a particular level bracket so every map is alive? and if they want to move up to the next pvp zone, they can just purchase a level unlocker (which can be sold for a pretty reasonable price, which would also benefit the game, right?)

in a nutshell, everyone's default level cap is 29 ... in order to move to level 30, they need to buy an unlocker and so on and so forth ... sounds fun and exciting and more worth the time. isn't it?

If someone want to stay in specific level he can always de-exp in order to not level up but the game was designed to be for end game levels and also Vivi cleared that she wants to be for end game after the changes with safeguard replicube rewards from battlegrounds if i remember correctly. So i don't think any cap level for lower levels will be enabled. 

The problem is that everyone wants to go up to the maximum level to do pvp, I really like the pve too! Unfortunately, the percentage thinks differently, but I think that reasoning could create something that makes you want to stay even at low levels, such as quests or items that can only be acquired after a defined number of quests like the two skill points to nemesis to lv 49!

29 levels have Caergate map. In this map there is a crate in each base that can drop you jewelry expansion slot spanner. That crate spawns every 6 hours after it gets destroyed. Also the BC dungeon in mereholt base. Almost every maimframe run you get jewel replicubes with chances of being uniques. 39 levels have Viledon and Barbiron. Both have some good things to do with PvE. 49 level aswell with Nemesis. With chances to drop unique kilocrystal 10% from Catherine boss. It's just up to players what they want to do. 

Yea I understand that we can always De-exp to avoid leveling -up ... but that's too much work ... aside from that, level capper might be a game changer for everyone as you can include difficulties for each level cap (like you should buy a level uncapper via vgn points which would be NT or if you don't want to buy, you can just slave yourself to reach the minimal requirement for level uncapping like: 1. must be on a cap level... 2. must have a certain amount of golds, 3. must have a certain amount of rank points, 4. must have a certain achievement, and so on --- possibilities are endless) and might even attract new players once they learn that they have a number of options in-game.

I think the problem is not because "the game is intended for end game" (it only became like that when you increased exp rate and added boosters). Players don't exactly need "petty" events that does nothing as "game-changer", rather players look for something that is worthwhile in mmorpg's like this --- something to work hard for, something to be "proud of", and something to look forward to aside from end game.

If you can include new maps and cap (which I believe is much a difficult task o do) I think, I really just think, a level capper wouldn't be that much diffcult.

No game is born with the aim of playing the final part better, 1- because otherwise you ruin the initial game (you do not know how many chapters can have a game), 2- because it simply does not make sense! In fact I think the first two maps were studied in one way, Barbiron in another, in fact it is very ugly, few details, etc.!
Then, when I hear ".. it's too much work ..", of what? Then you want to win easy, the maximum levels must be earned, as well as gold or pieces of armor!
The problem is that in the initial maps we are few, because few are the players! so the game is boring with a few players on the first maps!!

There should be more quests for high level players in lower maps like daily missions for SG. This way lower maps wouldnt look empty and it would save time for creating new maps. They will be side missions or dailies to not interfiere with possible new map and content.

• 2 weeks later...

@uLUVme While you do bring up some good points to allow players to stay at certain level caps. Creating this system might end up being a little harder than you would first think so. Plus with all the effort being put towards new content and such it would be far back on the to do list if it was even chosen to do. There would have to be quite a few people that backed this for it to be worth the time and effort to attempt it. While I do agree it would be, and honestly probably from the very beginning been a choice to lock your exp, the problem is doing it now just might not be worth the time or be something possible given the obstacles.