Sign in to follow this  
Sephiros

Suggestion for Auction

Hello, I have a suggestion that can improve a lot of things. First of all I would like to talk about the auction sale tax which is much too high. New players wanting to put an item for example at 3000gold will pay 150gold to put the item at auction and for players like me putting the legendary at auction you have to put a higher price to cover the tax, but sometimes the items don't sell so you lose too much golds. It should be lowered or totally removed because it makes us lose a lot of gold. I have another alternative for this, that of keeping the tax but to return it if an object is sold or to return the tax only if an object is not sold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sephiros said:

Hello, I have a suggestion that can improve a lot of things. First of all I would like to talk about the auction sale tax which is much too high. New players wanting to put an item for example at 3000gold will pay 150gold to put the item at auction and for players like me putting the legendary at auction you have to put a higher price to cover the tax, but sometimes the items don't sell so you lose too much golds. It should be lowered or totally removed because it makes us lose a lot of gold. I have another alternative for this, that of keeping the tax but to return it if an object is sold or to return the tax only if an object is not sold.

It is important for some gold sink as this game lacks a lot of gold sinks. Something like deducting some tax after the item is sold from the price you put it, but not before. Again i doubt this is currently possible without source code access.

As much as I would like to see something about this happen as well, I think the responses will be as mentioned here:

No the source code. understandable, but not important

Just use trade. well yes that is actually a good idea, but AH is kind of the place where you throw stuff so you dont have to sit there 24h a day to sell 1 item, trade doesnt exactly do the same thing AH does

Use booth windows. same as above

Or the staff simply have no time

Right now though, I think more people are complaining about why HS aura was just disabled without any of us hearing so much as a peep on peer or world chat, going like "did any1 crash when they activate HS aura?". I know your not obligated but we would like to see some anonymous evidence of people submitting a report for this. And tbh, after the disabling of HS, the DC's are even worse than before for most people, could you do this "alright you dont believe me go suffer and see for yourself" thing, where you reenable it and let people crash to get your point across?

29 minutes ago, Specter said:

As much as I would like to see something about this happen as well, I think the responses will be as mentioned here:

No the source code. understandable, but not important

Just use trade. well yes that is actually a good idea, but AH is kind of the place where you throw stuff so you dont have to sit there 24h a day to sell 1 item, trade doesnt exactly do the same thing AH does

Or they simply have no time

Right now though, I think more people are complaining about why HS aura was just disabled without any of us hearing so much as a peep on peer or world chat, going like "did any1 crash when they activate HS aura?". I know your not obligated but we would like to see some anonymous evidence of people submitting a report for this. And tbh, after the disabling of HS, the DC's are even worse than before for most people, could you do this "alright you dont believe me go suffer and see for yourself" thing, where you reenable it and let people crash to get your point across?

We've looked through the majority of logs from now since the crashes and there was only 1 thing in common throughout the logs that the Holy Sage skill was constantly on the last couple of lines of the logs and was always the same order, the same pattern and the same buff id's that where logged right before the crash which could have been a coincidence but appears that it was in fact not the case as there have been no server crashes as of yet.

Note: Also I have PM'd a couple of players in private around the time of the crashes based on the players ID linked on the logs and the only information I ever got was "we where killing x boss or y boss and then suddenly we where disconnected from the server". As you can tell there's not a lot of information I can get from that considering the bosses range from Wanda in Rhueter Temple Trial to simple monster killing in Viroona Vale.

Note about buff ID's: Each buff has numerous ID's for example complicated buffs like sage aura's have say 10-15 buffs built into the 1 buff to perform various checks and conditions of the skill. So for the buffs to appear in the same pattern each time the server crashes is very unlikely (And no, Sage aura's are not the only buffs that have this amount of buffs however, they are up there on the higher end).

Also I'm not sure how this removal could have any impact on the servers what so ever cause the server crash is likely down to some form of run time error which makes the server hang and time out putting the channel in question into "Maintenance" which is the engines safety shut down to prevent memory leaks. To disable its a bit of a lie really, all I did was remove the skills buff effect away which is no different from changing a potion to heal MP instead of HP or change a stat pots stat. So there is 0 chance this could have any affect unless the player is on the Holy Sage using the skill in question, then there might be an underlying issue. I would also like to state the only players who have complained about lag who have made their location known is people from South East Asia and South America which from what I see, have been complaining about lag since the server opened so although their problems I do feel for, this is nothing new and nothing that I can personally affect.

Note: And yes, I've asked plenty of people from EU, NA and SA and everyone who I've personally asked gives the usual response of "Nothing more than normal", We will however, be experimenting with a client update at some point in the future using Aeria's client as I think they may have one or two optimizations for Windows 10 users that may or may not improve the crashes some players get (However, this is no promise and may not have any affect).

• Like 1

I think you didn't understand the concept. The concept being to set for example an object at 10000gold you need to give 500gold, but if it is sold or if it is not sold (will depend on the choice of GM) then the 500gold will be returned.

It's not possible without source and most games have a tax that's lost regardless of the results.

1 hour ago, Sephiros said:

I think you didn't understand the concept. The concept being to set for example an object at 10000gold you need to give 500gold, but if it is sold or if it is not sold (will depend on the choice of GM) then the 500gold will be returned.

This has 0 effect on what he was saying because you still earn more initially with no risk of loss. That being said I doubt this would be a huge difference maker between prices except for the random low price you find on the rare occasions.

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

It's not possible without source and most games have a tax that's lost regardless of the results.

This has 0 effect on what he was saying because you still earn more initially with no risk of loss. That being said I doubt this would be a huge difference maker between prices except for the random low price you find on the rare occasions.

I agree with Sephiros,and tbh it will effect a lot,and the thought about ''ppl gonna earn more whitout risk'' dont make much sense,if the AH is free to put anything you wish,if someone wanna put a Murasame for 99k (As example) no one wil buy,and the ppl that wanna sell for the real price like 15-30k wont have problems in selling it,it is a simply thought of trade,you cant stop ppl from trying to sell stuff for more than it supposed to be,if they wanna sell for 99k they should feel free to,not with 3k+ tax for it,also there's some rare and expensive itens like Petra,Kimba pets,ghost horns,black cestus,that ppl are not able to put in AH even if they wish because of the tax.