Sign in to follow this  
Specter

PvE phys res related

So, its always been interesting to me, even though physical resistance isnt as needed in PvE compared to PvP, how most mobs/bosses seem to atk based on strike/slash atks, with the exception of the first 2 waves in DL, and Yagi's missile atks in Khalo, which are pierce.

Is there anyway we can tell which kind it is? for instance it would help new players a lot, say if they want to fight stonmo, to gear specifically fire/watevr phy res it uses with its charge stun skill.

It would also be more challenging to be able to utilize certain skills that already exist to significantly lower a specific res as well as def and cannot be cancelled, therefore making later PvE content harder and forcing ppl to actually use their brain when storming a dgn.

I don't actually think this is the case with Physical DMG as it usually is based of what type of weapon you are holding. But with bosses they don't actually have weapons and even when they do, the weapon isn't real its just a model attached to another model and has no properties. So based on what you've said about Yagi and from what I see in the files the only thing that ties pierce damage to Yagi is his basic attacks deal pierce damage which could possibly mean that physical damage takes the resistance value of the targets defense and the targets resistance (which can technically be any element too because mobs and bosses can deal elemental type damage which could mean it acts similar to how annihilator does with bullets where it still deals physical damage and considers defense but does elemental physical damage).

So talking strictly about physical damage there's not really something I can do about making some form of visual representation apart from adding to the skill descriptions to match the bosses auto attack damage with something along the lines of "Deals Pierce physical DMG" or "Deals Nature physical DMG", which could take me along time. However, if theres certain bosses you think it would benefit the players knowing their DMG typing then I'm willing to go through them and change the skill description. If i wanted to do something more defining than this like the break points or something I would need source for that.

As a side thing I do believe if bosses have elemental based auto attacks certain colour effects similar to what u see when using the elemental based enchants will be displayed on the character (Atleast thats what I think happens could be wrong, been a while since I've done PvE in Eden and actually payed attention).

As for the last point, I have somewhat applied this to some of the bosses in the upcoming patch as like aura buffs so that while fighting it you will always have the debuff to - resistance to his specific damage type but I wanted to add several different stumbles to the bosses to make them a bit less linear.

aight thanks, part of this question was referring to the new patch.

There is another possbility, that I have tested with pets. It says Pdmg but it doesnt have an element, therefore it only calculates def and no other stat, certainly not phy res, so however high the phys res is, the same pet with the same skill will always deal the same physical skill dmg.

The whole thing with this is that XLegend simply didnt put enough description in or maybe it was lost in translation by aeria, cant tell for sure, I will keep working on this specifically in regards to DL first 2 bosses to test out mechanics, but it may well be what I say here and is not influenced by res.

I believe even if it doesn't state, it will have an underlying type of damage that just isn't conveyed to the player. If you have the name of the pet I can take a look in the files.

As for the XLegend thing, yeh they didn't really give good descriptions I know they've improved this in future games, I believe AK and Twin Saga had some form of icon or description that says something like "This boss deals Ice DMG" or something. However, just with a brief look into the bosses in DL the first two bosses should do pierce damage just like the third boss should do fire damage (these being listed in the files as such).