Sign in to follow this  
Specter

Time Manipulator tweaking

So, there has long been this dilemma, that the mana giver/dps could run out of mana itself...

You could ask us to just use mana pots, but think of it this way:

"The team mana provider needs to eat mana pots to sustain"

Sounds weird right?

or we can just turn off the other buff which consumes 3% mana/second, but thats against the point,

since Jordan specifically said "Time Mani is meant to be both dps and mana giver, but I see too many treat it as just mp slave"

Just change the mana eating toggle to 2%, its not gonna hurt any1.

Just to start off, if anyone knows what this class does and doesn't need its me as this class next to the original annihilator was the class that I grinded and played even when people called it just a MP slave (The only player who I would say has an equal opinion to me on this class would be Vex as out of everyone I've saw playing this class at a high level he is the only other person that put in the work with this class). I have played this pre-patch and after patch and for the few times I went PvP I always came top 5 kills without even trying for kills, there is people that found out my hidden character that I was testing and monitoring the balance patch with based on my performance alone on the class.

Now that I've explained my experience with this class (ego) I would like to point out that the only times I ever needed to use MP pots was when my HP dropped bellow 40% and I forgot to re-enable the Rewind, this is along with the Awaken Grimoire effect active that increases MP cost and with having not really leveled my MP classes much either. Also Time Manipulator is not an MP bot it is a DPS class that just happens to have an MP heal ability just like regular Illusionist so it doesn't have any obligation to be a bottomless MP class.

I apologize in advance if I come across as rude but this class in particular is "my specialty" so I have a very strong opinion on it compared to other classes. Not to mention back when the balance patch came out and I was lurking I practically 3v10'd one of the most strongest parties in the game with just a single adjudicator who wasn't even healing me in-particular I was just making sure to stand in their AOE along with the totem masters -dmg totem. This class is completely fine and the only people who say otherwise are 99% of the time people who think the class is a support that only gives MP.

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

Just to start off, if anyone knows what this class does and doesn't need its me as this class next to the original annihilator was the class that I grinded and played even when people called it just a MP slave (The only player who I would say has an equal opinion to me on this class would be Vex as out of everyone I've saw playing this class at a high level he is the only other person that put in the work with this class). I have played this pre-patch and after patch and for the few times I went PvP I always came top 5 kills without even trying for kills, there is people that found out my hidden character that I was testing and monitoring the balance patch with based on my performance alone on the class.

Now that I've explained my experience with this class (ego) I would like to point out that the only times I ever needed to use MP pots was when my HP dropped bellow 40% and I forgot to re-enable the Rewind, this is along with the Awaken Grimoire effect active that increases MP cost and with having not really leveled my MP classes much either. Also Time Manipulator is not an MP bot it is a DPS class that just happens to have an MP heal ability just like regular Illusionist so it doesn't have any obligation to be a bottomless MP class.

I apologize in advance if I come across as rude but this class in particular is "my specialty" so I have a very strong opinion on it compared to other classes. Not to mention back when the balance patch came out and I was lurking I practically 3v10'd one of the most strongest parties in the game with just a single adjudicator who wasn't even healing me in-particular I was just making sure to stand in their AOE along with the totem masters -dmg totem. This class is completely fine and the only people who say otherwise are 99% of the time people who think the class is a support that only gives MP.

Time never been a mp slave,before the rework on it,it was ways stronger than now,not because of the dmg but because it didint needed to cast on main skin and could hit while move,because right now,if you spam time freeze 50% of your skill will fail,you have to use and wait 2sg to use again because for a reasson the cd of the skill even if it says ''instant'' need 1-2sg to be able to use again whitout fail/bug the skill.

12 minutes ago, Yukani said:

Time never been a mp slave,before the rework on it,it was ways stronger than now,not because of the dmg but because it didint needed to cast on main skin and could hit while move,because right now,if you spam time freeze 50% of your skill will fail,you have to use and wait 2sg to use again because for a reasson the cd of the skill even if it says ''instant'' need 1-2sg to be able to use again whitout fail/bug the skill.

If you have enough cast speed there is only a very very slight difference between now and before and if you animation cancel then the only difference now from before is it stops you walking when you press the button which if u play with wasd then its not really an issue or at least I find no issue. As for failing the skill or "bug" I have yet to experience this (This maybe down to lag as I know you're one of the players whos quite vocal about having lag a lot of the time).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jordan said:

If you have enough cast speed there is only a very very slight difference between now and before and if you animation cancel then the only difference now from before is it stops you walking when you press the button which if u play with wasd then its not really an issue or at least I find no issue. As for failing the skill or "bug" I have yet to experience this (This maybe down to lag as I know you're one of the players whos quite vocal about having lag a lot of the time).

No,i know the difference beetwen server delay,latency and it,it is like the deamon summoner skill,the one to summon the mobs,it takes like 2seconds to appear,even when its supposed to be instant,the same thing happen beetwen the Time Freeze 1 to the 2nd mode,just a bit faster than the deamon summoner one.

Edited by Yukani
typo

Jordan chill, this was just a "can we?", not "we must have this!"

I was just asking because its really funny when mana runs out in DL hahaha.

Inserts "Darth Plagueis" meme.

and no worries about rudeness and all, you got a lot of pressure, hard to vent

we get it, part of the job, its fine if your rude, this post wasnt very different from usual, we are used to this.

peace out.

1 hour ago, Yukani said:

No,i know the difference beetwen server delay,latency and it,it is like the deamon summoner skill,the one to summon the mobs,it takes like 2seconds to appear,even when its supposed to be instant,the same thing happen beetwen the Time Freeze 1 to the 2nd mode,just a bit faster than the deamon summoner one.

There is a set delay on the demon summoner that is intentionally by me because of the way the skill bar swapping mechanic works in Eden Eternal and if I didn't add that small delay the skill bar would not change back unless you waited 2 seconds before pressing which monster you wanted to summon or you spam clicked it. This was the only option I had unless you prefer the old method of summoning each monster 1 by 1 until you reach the one you want or added more skills which would require players to use before being able to play the class.

The only delay I ever experience with this class is again the short delay of animation + global cool down which I hate to break it to you all class and all skills in the game have this global cool down, displayed as a little black shade over the skill similar to a normal cool down between all skill casts. The reason I say and stand by that its connection based is because the way skills like this work in Eden Eternal is you have to successfully hit the target before the skill will change which is the same as new TM old TM and even Reaver. This means you have to wait for the server to ping back to your client "You hit the target" until the skill changes, demonstrated with this small gif image as you can see the second my global cool down ends the skill begins casting with the only delay being that global cool down that even old TM had. I understand the confusion as its not like normal lag where you freeze or you press the skill and it waits a second or two to start casting, the delay comes from your client waiting for the server to say "You hit something" before you're able to obtain the invisible buff that gives you the second part of the skill or removes the second part so you can cast the first part again. You can tell this is how it works if you are killing 1 monster or player and the first skill kills them and you will realize you don't get the second part of the skill as instead of the server pinging back to you "ohh you hit this mob" instead it pings back to you "you gained this amount of experience" or something like that. Anyway hope you understand now and that with instant cast there should be no difference between TM old and TM new, as a TM main I love the new TM and maybe its the other way around for you where you prefer the old and that's fine but I do not have plans to alter this class in anyway unless something incredibly broken appears as there are much more important classes to change like BK (which has had some nice buffs for next patch).

GIF Example: https://imgur.com/A0510Ro

14 minutes ago, Specter said:

Jordan chill, this was just a "can we?", not "we must have this!"

I was just asking because its really funny when mana runs out in DL hahaha.

Inserts "Darth Plagueis" meme.

and no worries about rudeness and all, you got a lot of pressure, hard to vent

we get it, part of the job, its fine if your rude, this post wasnt very different from usual, we are used to this.

peace out.

Haha yeh, tbh tho I think when it comes to TM its just my ego talking more than anything so i mean yeh sorry xD this upcoming patch which I'm working on day and night to get done for this week should see some small buffs to some classes but don't expect too much cause I am kinda pressed for time and still haven't figured out why Sage was causing the channels to meltdown. All I'll say is BK has had some nice buffs but I wont know how effective they are till people have tried them and gave some feedback then the patch after this I'll like be working on in May to get out in the first 2 weeks of May which will be focused on QoL on Normal class TW's and buffing some of the classes that I mentioned in an earlier thread.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

There is a set delay on the demon summoner that is intentionally by me because of the way the skill bar swapping mechanic works in Eden Eternal and if I didn't add that small delay the skill bar would not change back unless you waited 2 seconds before pressing which monster you wanted to summon or you spam clicked it. This was the only option I had unless you prefer the old method of summoning each monster 1 by 1 until you reach the one you want or added more skills which would require players to use before being able to play the class.

The only delay I ever experience with this class is again the short delay of animation + global cool down which I hate to break it to you all class and all skills in the game have this global cool down, displayed as a little black shade over the skill similar to a normal cool down between all skill casts. The reason I say and stand by that its connection based is because the way skills like this work in Eden Eternal is you have to successfully hit the target before the skill will change which is the same as new TM old TM and even Reaver. This means you have to wait for the server to ping back to your client "You hit the target" until the skill changes, demonstrated with this small gif image as you can see the second my global cool down ends the skill begins casting with the only delay being that global cool down that even old TM had. I understand the confusion as its not like normal lag where you freeze or you press the skill and it waits a second or two to start casting, the delay comes from your client waiting for the server to say "You hit something" before you're able to obtain the invisible buff that gives you the second part of the skill or removes the second part so you can cast the first part again. You can tell this is how it works if you are killing 1 monster or player and the first skill kills them and you will realize you don't get the second part of the skill as instead of the server pinging back to you "ohh you hit this mob" instead it pings back to you "you gained this amount of experience" or something like that. Anyway hope you understand now and that with instant cast there should be no difference between TM old and TM new, as a TM main I love the new TM and maybe its the other way around for you where you prefer the old and that's fine but I do not have plans to alter this class in anyway unless something incredibly broken appears as there are much more important classes to change like BK (which has had some nice buffs for next patch).

GIF Example: https://imgur.com/A0510Ro

The difference beetwen new and old tm are not that huge,i prefer the old tm because you could run while attack and fail ways less than casting right now,but yes its better like this because tm was broken before,and talking about Bk,this class are really useless right now,even with 120% holy gs,with magnus,triple hit build and hibrid set i can barely do dmg,same to darkness blade,even with mdps shield you can barely do db,need to stack a lot of stuff to be able to do something,while other classes like Conjurer/Mecha can do it in 1 click,and as i told you at a long time please think about raising the range beetwen caster-target from HB,this class has serious issues of skills failing everytime someone move,unlike gm who has speed and a better range.

Taking advantage of your attention here, you can do something about Conjurer kp - the roaring of thunder, if there are 2 conjurers one with KP and another without, and using the roaring thunder buff, the only useful one, tbh, you can Stack The debuff 2 times and stack 40% of skill failure all the time, which is kinda broken.