Heyho folks,

I'd like this thread being more about bringing in ideas and input about the awakened luminary classes rather than making a straight suggestion as a certain amount of input is required if it would actually go for a change.

Also I have to say while I did play the awakened classes, I only made it to a halfway mediocre darkness blade build before the balance and after it I only made some build attempts with both awa classes.

I think the themes of the classes are poorly executed by X-Legends and I feel strongly that these are meant to surpass other classes in certain ways while having access to some small set of tools. HB is a jumper just like GM without the stack management but with combo attack management instead. DB is a sniper originally with severe aoe and casting range, now it has just casting range with costs. While both classes retain certain aspects of base lumi (HB having the combo aspect which feels in this case more more like a hinderance considering you have skills in your set you want to burst with and DB being the ranged fighter who has to spam skills over and over again) people feel the weight of the negative aspects and this is not a light one.

For the balance changes I give approval to Jordan as he did head into the direction I wanted both classes to go. Aside from performance comparissons between all classes, Holy Blade got more weight in getting melee stats being a bit more necessary and Darkness Blade getting the chaos mode, something people are satisfied with when it makes them considerably stronger although they still retained their core themes what motivated me to make this thread.

For Holy Blade I'd want to see the jump just going away, being put behind cooldowns or combos so it gets rather seen as an occasional option than being something you want to use as much as possible although it would be good if HB still retains extra pdmg or patk as a class bonus making it the balanced p/mdps in the awakened roster aside from mecha ares as I see the latest dragon emperor rather as a class you either either go for pdps or mdps as theming goes. As a class that can throw magic skills, occasionally ranged ones, and has the melee fighting elements but has both needed for the real success this class would be great imo.

While Darkness Blade has now a goal of achieving chaos mode the way to it does make this class very unflexible and draining. Blade Master does a way better job at it imo, has multiple combos and still feels bursty and more complex compared to DB. Having the light-into-darkness combos (you can make it into one certain skill into another one for the sake of keeping the darkness theme) and vice versa is something I'd find it more fun with working towards the chaos mode. Going with respective extra boni into chaos mode by performing skills in certain orders and building buffs in the combo process is something I'd find nice also.

In conclusion while Blade Master and the Awa Lumis are meant for inspiration, I feel like BM has a better time to keep it up while I don't see the other two living up to their potential.

Here I have some ideas what themes could make sense for awa lumis:

Holy Blade:

Flash Blade: While still retaining the theme of a swordsman of light, they made progress in making it's swiftness their own (as we all know how actually mastering the light would turn out) and take advantage of it in both battle fields and melee combat, hitting fast but not bursty so they usually go through hits before their opponents get finished off.

Eclipse Sword: Using the abilities of light and darkness to their disposal, they blink to their opponents, snare them and infuse their weapons with the essence of either light or darkness rotating between them to deal varieties of stronger strikes.

Darkness Blade (ok I actually barely have anything for it):

Chaos Blader: As the name suggests this is an enchanced Luminary, being superior to said base class it in both damage and playstyle, utilizing the improvement ideas I mentioned earlier.

That's it, I hope you had fun reading it. Feel free to bring in your input, I'd appreciate it o/

• Like 1

I don't think I would change the names of the classes as I think this is what they're recognized as and with the big mix of languages within the server I just generally think it wouldn't be the best move.

I also don't really think making Holy Blade not have its jump would make the jump useless unless you made it into a one shot ability which again I don't really think would fit. The jump would be more of a all or nothing kinda change where if you made it less consistent you would more than likely have to remove it all together.

As for darkness blade specifically, I have an idea for the class to achieve something similar to what you have suggested to me because right now the class is usable but is currently a "Why use Darkness Blade when you can use x instead.".

If you have some suggestions of what to change Holy Blade skills to achieve your suggestion post as a reply to this thread and I'll take a look and see what I think.

Overall I like this post and would like it to start some sort of discussion of what changes could be made to improve these two classes.

• Like 1

I think I'd stick to the "Flash Blade" idea for Holy Blade but I need some time putting the skill set and kp together because normally I test my stuff bit by bit (but that's not possible for me regarding this game), also I didn't think of a complete structure of it yet. With the idea being melee combat and magic skills working to gether, I'd want to go for with hb is having patk nearly at the same lv as matk (but slightly less) as it usually goes through more reductions than matk but at the same time I don't want autohits to outdmg magic skills. I also want to encourage people to fight at melee range in pvp so maybe let auto hits reward in giving extra dmg but we can agree on melee being far less practical than ranged so I don't want to leave HB in the dark when it has no other choice but to fight ranged tho this will at best lead HB to half of it's potential.

As some side stuff I'm thinking of some extra quirks I would maybe consider putting out here. I want people to main this class and some of them to end up using it on occasions where it is not the most efficient way to do stuff. Before balance I used to do sff runs with blade master, which was actually able to constantly dish out small AoEs, allowing me to pull the groups in 2 strikes at worst and finish them off once I gathered together at a boss spot. With these AoEs being holy skills I did lots of weapon switching but I still made it through halfway fast thanks to raging river's ability of being kept up all the time.

Before this discussion goes further, could we perhaps agree that the cast spd on the lumi trial wepon is not very useful?

I for one would like to see it replaced with atk spd to enhance its identity.

@Specter I agree on cast spd being barely useful on any state HB has been yet. If HB gets more weight on melee however you could make use of it for throwing some Winter's Chill but then again Atk Speed would be more important as it is useful in both PvE and PvE.

Anyways I got an idea of how the basic kit could look like:

***            Passive:          ***

PATK is doubled when wearing a Great Sword. Auto Attacks buff you with "Bravery" for 3 seconds. Inflicting Magic Skill Dmg buffs you with "Light Infusion" for 3 seconds.
Having both buffs up grants you "Hero of Light" increasing your P-Dmg done by 60 % and M-dmg done by 20 % for 3 seconds.
Move Speed +5%, Dmg Taken -15%.

***            Modes:          ***

Stance Change:
Change the benefits and the ultimate attack you go for.

Animation: Paladin Mode Change Start.

"Similar to Paladin, this is a mode selection for either Swiftness of the Light (PvP) or Bravery of the Sword (PvE)"

Swiftness of the Light:
Fighting makes you faster. Dimensional Jump Range +5 Meters. Turns Ultimate Attack into Flash Flurry.

Animation: Paladin Mode Change to Seal of Light.

"I want to people consider Dimensional Jump also as an approaching tool"

Bravery of the Sword:
Go toe on toe with your enemies and show them what you're made of. Auto Attacks recover HP in amount of 0,3 % from the dmg done. Turns Ultimate Attack into Shine Strike.

Animation: Paladin Mode Change to Seal of Punishment.

Both Buffs should not have the permanent mode visibilaty the Pala Modes have.

"The Recovery is rather meant as an extra quirk for strong ppl who put more weight into patk to be able to get a bit more sustain. This buff is going to give some core skills the benefit of being an AoE to deal with Trash Mobs as it will be mentioned later"

***          Tier 1 Combo Skills          ***

Earth Slash:
Hits target for x P-Dmg and inflicts -7 % Holy Resistence for 9 seconds to the target, stacks 2 times.

While being in "Swiftness of the Light":
Inflicts -30 % Move Speed to the target for 3 seconds.
Executing the Attack buffs you with "Rage Building - Step 1" for 5 seconds.
If "Preparing to become a Flash - Step 2" and "Rage Building - Step 2" are up, executing the Attack consumes both of them and buffs you with "Ready to unleash the Rain".

While being in "Bravery of the Sword":
Executing the Attack buffs you with "Readying the Blade - Step 1". AoE Range + 15 Meters.
If "Light Charging - Step 1" is up, you will get granted "Fusion Signs" making Skills inflict Double Hit for 6 Seconds.

Animation: Evil Slash.
Cooldown: 5 Seconds.
Casting Range: 15 Meters.

Holy Slash:
Hits target for x Holy Dmg. Inflicts -10 % Slash Resistance to the target for 9 seconds.

Executing the Attack buffs you with "Preparing to become a Flash - Step 1" for 5 seconds.
If "Rage Building - Step 1" is up, your next Auto Atk grants you "Fusion Signs" making Skills inflict Double Hit for 6 Seconds, lasts 3 Seconds.

Executing the Attack buffs you with "Light Charging - Step 1" for 5 seconds.

Melee Range.
Cooldown: 3 Seconds.

***          Tier 2 Combo Skills          ***

Strike of Regret:
Hits target for x Holy Dmg and inflicts -20 % Atk Speed. Grants +5% Atk and 10 % MAtk for 9 Seconds.

If "Rage Building - Step 1" is up, executing the Attack buffs you with "Rage Building - Step 2" for 5 seconds.
If "Preparing to become a Flash - Step 2" is up, executing the Attack buffs you with "Fusion Outburst" making Auto Attacks inflict 7 % PAtk and 7 % MAtk as Holy Dmg for 6 Seconds
also both "Rage Building - Step 1" and "Preparing to become a Flash - Step 1" will get consumed.

If "Readying the Blade - Step 1" is up, executing the Attack buffs you with "Readying the Blade - Step 2" for 5 seconds. AoE Range + 15 Meters.
If "Light Charging - Step 2" is up, executing the Attack buffs you with "Fusion Outburst" making Auto Attacks inflict 7 % PAtk and 7 % MAtk as Holy Dmg for 6 Seconds
also both "Readying the Blade - Step 1" and "Light Charging - Step 1" will get consumed.

Melee Range.

Bursting Light Formation:
Hits targets within 15 meters around you with Holy Dmg. Grants +10 % Atk for 9 Seconds.

Inflicts -20 % Cast Speed on enemies.
If "Preparing to become a Flash - Step 1" and "Hero of Light" are up, executing this attack grants you "Preparing to become a Flash - Step 2" for 5 seconds.
If "Rage Building - Step 2" is up, executing the Attack buffs you with "Fusion Outburst" making Auto Attacks inflict 7 % PAtk and 7 % MAtk as Holy Dmg for 6 Seconds
also both "Rage Building - Step 1" and "Preparing to become a Flash - Step 1" will get consumed.

Heals you for 3 % of your Max HP for every enemy hit.
If "Light Charging - Step 1" and "Hero of Light" is up, executing this attack grants you "Light Charging - Step 2" for 5 seconds.
If "Readying the Blade - Step 2" is up, executing the Attack buffs you with "Fusion Outburst" making Auto Attacks inflict 7 % PAtk and 7 % MAtk as Holy Dmg for 6 Seconds.
also both "Readying the Blade - Step 1" and "Light Charging - Step 1" will get consumed.

Animation: Luminary Bursting Light.

***          Ultimate Attack          ***

This Attack becomes "Flash Flurry":

You must have the buff "Ready to unleash the Rain" to use this attack and doing so will consume it.

Animation: Luminary Light Split.
Cooldown: 10 Seconds.

"Similar to Reaver's "Nightshade Scythe" you keep teleporting to your target and deal Holy Dmg. Unlike Nightshade Scythe however you don't
snare your target and it is no AoE but will get executed faster as a result of it"

This Attack becomes "Shine Strike":

You must have both "Light Charging - Step 2" and "Readying the Blade - Step 2" up to use this attack and doing so will consume them.

Deals 200 % Holy Dmg and increases your Dmg done by 50 % for 6 seconds.

Animation: Luminary Aurora Light Destruction.
Cooldown: 60 Seconds.

"However the idea is to add in a small auto attack chance into kp tree to make it instantly recover from cooldown to add some randomness in here"

***          Some Utility Skill          ***

Leap to Freedom (Combo 1):
Removes stuns, knock downs, sleep and mundane debuffs and leaps into the air.

Animation: Destructive Leap.
Cooldown: 30 - 60 Seconds.

Sun Ray Impact (Combo 2):
Immediately get back to the ground, cancel any upwards velocity, charge to the target and knock it down for 0,5 Seconds (does not give immunity).

Animation: Holy One.
Can only be used midair.

"I actually found a way where the jump still could make sense by turning it into a cc breaker with an interrupting charge as a follow up that also gives you the opportunity to land some auto hit"

That is it for now o/

• Like 1

On 11/04/2018 at 11:42 PM, Jordan said:

As for darkness blade specifically, I have an idea for the class to achieve something similar to what you have suggested to me because right now the class is usable but is currently a "Why use Darkness Blade when you can use x instead.".

The current problem with the DB is I think this damage, either the skills and the mini combos are not really bad, but even in PvE nobody will look at it because in terms of class that can do obscure damage there is better, for example why get in the head with the DB when you can use the Equilibrian and its triple hits? Or the GM, which also hits in light & dark with more burst.

There is a huge difference between pre-patch & post-patch DB at this level, although I prefer the post-patch version (chaos mode <3).
In pvp there may be a way to release it in a group based on dark resistance decrease (Equi, Daemon Summoner, DB & Time Manipulator?) but I have a doubt about that

Just want to add to this post so people don't get the wrong impression, I have read through it and I'm not ignoring it I just have some other commitments atm that need to be prioritized outside of Vendetta. Just thought I would leave a comment here so you dont feel like I've ignored this thread.

• Like 1

Syl, Gavin, and I have discussed these at length, and since this was his last project before leaving the game, I will just rewrite some of the stuff...

the idea is to give mdmg skills phys debuff, pdmg skills magic debuff to make the skills chain with each other, but not to using set combos like blade master, and also to change the identity of the jump entirely to make it less GM-ish, thus the anti-cc and long cd.

the feel should be a somewhat single target focused tanky dueler-chaser class using both types of dmg, with the class performing the best when its pure hybrid, but for that we needed to significantly buff its pdmg factor. treat it as a GM-BM-DE mix if u want, it can be changed, all we want is to make the class healthier than its another-GM state.

8 hours ago, Specter said:

leaving the game

rethought that one, came back yesterday.

related to the examples I gave: I'm not sure how to treat the hp regeneration buffs as they are pretty strong, especially Sacrifice + that Flash Flurry I mentioned above, but dependant on performance these could also be needed. For the skill tree there I don't see much to add other than changing their relation to the new skills and put in the % chance to cancel the cool down of Shine Strike (is also custom), tho I can still come up with something if wanted.

Specter summed up what we'd like to see from HB, it not being a gm clone but rather do it's own thing.