Sign in to follow this  
Reikan

AFK Gold Generation

And if you think small prices are what gives more ''lifetime to our server'' you are totally wrong,thats not how aeria ee survived for almost 9 years and,now the prices there are totally cheaper than its supposed to be and they are getting ways less money than on past.

+ server time= things more expensive,thats how all mmos work and thats how the server is supposed to be,if everything is cheap no one gonna put AP and if its everything expensive newbies wont be able to get geared on the server,need to be in a middle term,and for me the prices of somethings are a bit cheaper than its supposed to be,but i dont see problems in vgn ee economy.

I agree with Yukani, never did the afk pet raise prices on the Vendetta server I do not see why its problem, the only thing that was it was the afk pet on rare monsters ( banned in the Vendetta regulation).

Furthermore it allows players who cannot CS ( Shop) to have a few extra gold coins to advance in the game.

If I understood correctly via my translator, you say you are new to Vendetta, why you say that when you know little about the Vendetta server ?

Lets get this straight because some of you are just way off on what you are saying.

1. People racial crafting will not alter the market much as even if people jump into the business there is still a production cost which will always set a limit on the lowest value require to sell the items. There is also the case that most of the people who are "abusing" afk farming are the lazy people who don't want to work for their gold meaning the likely hood of them leveling alts and their racial is quite minimal. This is not to say it would have 0 impact on racial crafting prices but it wont have a major one.
    Just a second point to make on this, although for the majority of this duration you DO AFK you have to remember the resources that go into this. First you must level a character, then you must learn all the racials on this character, then you must learn the RIGHT racial on this character. Following this then you have to buy gathering tools constantly and then you have to remember the time your characters tools will run out so you can either swap to another gathering area or even tool. Then you have to craft the racial using gold and materials and then sell them to other players who want to buy them THIS DOES NOT ADD GOLD TO THE GAME, JUST MOVES GOLD FROM ONE PLAYER TO ANOTHER WHICH WON'T DAMAGE THE ECONOMY IF THE AMOUNT OF GATHERS DOUBLES VS IF PET AFK'rs DOUBLE. It also contains some small amount of effort to do this process vs logging in and then leaving the character AFK. So honestly I don't even see how you can make this argument as the only thing these two things have in common is you have to AFK which I mean sitting in Aven like a part of the flowerbed involves AFK. I mean just looking at all the other points this point in particular is just a desperate call to not have it made punishable as like i said this argument is redundant.
  2. AFKing for elite monsters was made bannable not for EC abuse or anything like that although its a factor I guess; but, more so because it was affecting the legitimate players rankings and making them lose EC's that they have earned by running 95 trials everyday and such.
  3. Cheap legendaries is not what makes an economy broken. If you look at Aeria's economy that is whats broken, in this server you can play completely free by working hard earning gold by farming and then buying what you NEED and if you work even harder eventually you can buy anything you WANT. If you play on aeria's server you pretty much have two options to earn gold. Purchase AP and either sell the AP card or sell the items gained from AP for gold. The second option is to merchant which is in effect scamming (buying things bellow market value, resell for more than market value or market value) which can get you a bad reputation. In our server you can farm Fae something that is impossible to get anywhere doing on the main server, not only that you can also farm Viroona dungeons, Meeryasha dungeons to get easy money which again is something that the main server you simply cannot do. We have capped loot rates and double gold rates to allow this which we can happily disable if you wanna compare our economy to Aerias lmao.
  4. Aeria Eden Eternal has survived 9 years because it has grown as a game. When Aeria EE was released Eden Crystals where like 50 gold each and the best thing on altar was a white pet. Slowly but surely they added primes and so on to add more items for older players to buy. I remember when people where spending millions of gold on a alpha Crystal Frost Tiger and when primes where the only costume. Aeria is also gaining less money because their player base is super low that they've had to merge like 6 servers into 1 (or close them either or). They also change their alters monthly if your lucky, they have the same 7 alters rotating for weeks and weeks, I remember a couple months back people saying they have had the same 7 altars for 6months lol. That's not even beginning to mention that their tier system requires you spend $100 for 1 legendary costume when you can sell a $20 card and get 2 legendaries of players in game who have got them from the altar that just keeps repeating. Aeria do not care about Eden Eternal anymore and haven't done since Dragomon Hunter came out, if they did care then why is the Reaver bug still a thing, why can people someone dungeon monsters in TW after I even pointed it out how to fix the issue directly to their GM and nothing was ever done. Not even beginning to mention before Awaken classes where you had  7 servers which all had TW's with at minimum 50 vs 50. Prices had 0 affect on the reason that server is making no money.
  5. Cheap prices doesn't mean people aren't going to donate. People being able to AFK with 10 characters earning what is quote "garbage" being 100g an hour means you could AFK 10 characters and get 10k gold in 10 hours. If you did that while you sleep and I'm pretty sure AFKing on the lowest resolution most PC's can handle at least 5-10 clients means your going to end up with a lot of gold for simply AFKing. Why would anyone in their right mind purchase AP if they can just earn gold like that when they sleep and as quoted "garbage" means that likely a lot more than 10k gold. You have to be insane to not realize that.
  6. People can advance without afking as farming fae is easy, I've personally tried this and seen others try this with the 90 TK armor set and the free DoD weapon you get at level 90. It takes minimal effort and although it can be hard to kill bosses, just mob killing earns you enough to get a +14 each day. So whats that ? 6 days to get a full set forted and a weapon that's not bad, I remember back on official server when it was possible to farm gold running from like Rage Cape dungeons all the way to Durango Kingdom dungeons 0/2 and 0/10 taking me and others the best part of 6-8 hours just to go from +6 to +8 (IF WE WHERE LUCKY TO NOT FAIL HALCYON).

You guys have it so easy now and yet people still have room to complain about someone willing to make a change they feel will be better for the server as after all the only people who will lose out when people just stop buying AP to AFK is you guys because then Bash can't keep the server open anymore. Open your eyes and think very carefully on what benefits the server more than yourselves. Like I said I would like to hear valid reasons why it should be left how it is or compromises to what changes can be made to improve the server without hurting the players massively, I don't care for what excuses people can fish out of the depths that is for their own benefits to be honest.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Lets get this straight because some of you are just way off on what you are saying.

1. People racial crafting will not alter the market much as even if people jump into the business there is still a production cost which will always set a limit on the lowest value require to sell the items. There is also the case that most of the people who are "abusing" afk farming are the lazy people who don't want to work for their gold meaning the likely hood of them leveling alts and their racial is quite minimal. This is not to say it would have 0 impact on racial crafting prices but it wont have a major one.
    Just a second point to make on this, although for the majority of this duration you DO AFK you have to remember the resources that go into this. First you must level a character, then you must learn all the racials on this character, then you must learn the RIGHT racial on this character. Following this then you have to buy gathering tools constantly and then you have to remember the time your characters tools will run out so you can either swap to another gathering area or even tool. Then you have to craft the racial using gold and materials and then sell them to other players who want to buy them THIS DOES NOT ADD GOLD TO THE GAME, JUST MOVES GOLD FROM ONE PLAYER TO ANOTHER WHICH WON'T DAMAGE THE ECONOMY IF THE AMOUNT OF GATHERS DOUBLES VS IF PET AFK'rs DOUBLE. It also contains some small amount of effort to do this process vs logging in and then leaving the character AFK. So honestly I don't even see how you can make this argument as the only thing these two things have in common is you have to AFK which I mean sitting in Aven like a part of the flowerbed involves AFK. I mean just looking at all the other points this point in particular is just a desperate call to not have it made punishable as like i said this argument is redundant.
  2. AFKing for elite monsters was made bannable not for EC abuse or anything like that although its a factor I guess; but, more so because it was affecting the legitimate players rankings and making them lose EC's that they have earned by running 95 trials everyday and such.
  3. Cheap legendaries is not what makes an economy broken. If you look at Aeria's economy that is whats broken, in this server you can play completely free by working hard earning gold by farming and then buying what you NEED and if you work even harder eventually you can buy anything you WANT. If you play on aeria's server you pretty much have two options to earn gold. Purchase AP and either sell the AP card or sell the items gained from AP for gold. The second option is to merchant which is in effect scamming (buying things bellow market value, resell for more than market value or market value) which can get you a bad reputation. In our server you can farm Fae something that is impossible to get anywhere doing on the main server, not only that you can also farm Viroona dungeons, Meeryasha dungeons to get easy money which again is something that the main server you simply cannot do. We have capped loot rates and double gold rates to allow this which we can happily disable if you wanna compare our economy to Aerias lmao.
  4. Aeria Eden Eternal has survived 9 years because it has grown as a game. When Aeria EE was released Eden Crystals where like 50 gold each and the best thing on altar was a white pet. Slowly but surely they added primes and so on to add more items for older players to buy. I remember when people where spending millions of gold on a alpha Crystal Frost Tiger and when primes where the only costume. Aeria is also gaining less money because their player base is super low that they've had to merge like 6 servers into 1 (or close them either or). They also change their alters monthly if your lucky, they have the same 7 alters rotating for weeks and weeks, I remember a couple months back people saying they have had the same 7 altars for 6months lol. That's not even beginning to mention that their tier system requires you spend $100 for 1 legendary costume when you can sell a $20 card and get 2 legendaries of players in game who have got them from the altar that just keeps repeating. Aeria do not care about Eden Eternal anymore and haven't done since Dragomon Hunter came out, if they did care then why is the Reaver bug still a thing, why can people someone dungeon monsters in TW after I even pointed it out how to fix the issue directly to their GM and nothing was ever done. Not even beginning to mention before Awaken classes where you had  7 servers which all had TW's with at minimum 50 vs 50. Prices had 0 affect on the reason that server is making no money.
  5. Cheap prices doesn't mean people aren't going to donate. People being able to AFK with 10 characters earning what is quote "garbage" being 100g an hour means you could AFK 10 characters and get 10k gold in 10 hours. If you did that while you sleep and I'm pretty sure AFKing on the lowest resolution most PC's can handle at least 5-10 clients means your going to end up with a lot of gold for simply AFKing. Why would anyone in their right mind purchase AP if they can just earn gold like that when they sleep and as quoted "garbage" means that likely a lot more than 10k gold. You have to be insane to not realize that.
  6. People can advance without afking as farming fae is easy, I've personally tried this and seen others try this with the 90 TK armor set and the free DoD weapon you get at level 90. It takes minimal effort and although it can be hard to kill bosses, just mob killing earns you enough to get a +14 each day. So whats that ? 6 days to get a full set forted and a weapon that's not bad, I remember back on official server when it was possible to farm gold running from like Rage Cape dungeons all the way to Durango Kingdom dungeons 0/2 and 0/10 taking me and others the best part of 6-8 hours just to go from +6 to +8 (IF WE WHERE LUCKY TO NOT FAIL HALCYON).

You guys have it so easy now and yet people still have room to complain about someone willing to make a change they feel will be better for the server as after all the only people who will lose out when people just stop buying AP to AFK is you guys because then Bash can't keep the server open anymore. Open your eyes and think very carefully on what benefits the server more than yourselves. Like I said I would like to hear valid reasons why it should be left how it is or compromises to what changes can be made to improve the server without hurting the players massively, I don't care for what excuses people can fish out of the depths that is for their own benefits to be honest.

1. Yup, I said that it shouldnt be as terrible as it sounds.

2. 95 trials do not earn ppl ccm, dod counts as a trial but i dont think thats wat u r talking about. not the point tho. As u said, ppl who earned it couldnt get it, and thats why it had to be punished.

3. Indeed, this is wat I said about VGN not being p2w, we can gear up as fast if not faster than donators if we work for it.

4. I dont know enough about this to comment, though this comment is a comment. irony lmfao.

5. even on ms when I afk while I sleep I could earn considerable gold, i dont see the need to punish afkers but its undeniable they get an advantage.

6. thats just 3 again, but yea.

Overall there seems to be a reason for punishment, and since I only occasionally afk, wat hurts them wont hurt me, so u guys duke it out, Ive seen more than I need to.

Its all up to the FatBlackrat now, smell ya lata.

Maybe I don't see this an issue because I only afk with a single character (well, or did since I moved to crafting a month ago just for the sake of changing), I wasn't aware that there are people who multiaccount so much that their "garbage" earnings become big. I just wanted to point in my first post that building a super-afking pet was a fun experience. I know it's an impossible solution but I still want to ask it: if it was possible to limit afking to 1 character per IP, would people see it with diferent eyes or they would still complain?

6 minutes ago, Noka said:

Maybe I don't see this an issue because I only afk with a single character (well, or did since I moved to crafting a month ago just for the sake of changing), I wasn't aware that there are people who multiaccount so much that their "garbage" earnings become big. I just wanted to point in my first post that building a super-afking pet was a fun experience. I know it's an impossible solution but I still want to ask it: if it was possible to limit afking to 1 character per IP, would people see it with diferent eyes or they would still complain?

Well the main problem with this is you can't really pin point it to afking, so IP limits would affect people who play in the same home and without integrating a proper anti hack client which I have no idea if it's even possible due to us being a private server an all which I believe only harms the market of racials in all due to not being able to multi-client plus theirs a couple of bugs in Eden that allow you to bypass the anti hack anyway. Idk what to do on this subject if I'm honest, I know its a problem and I know the easy way to solve it but I don't know whats right.

First of all, I'm here to thank you guys for actually thinking about the subject instead of just ditching out my topic. I really appreciate how you guys developed the topic, makes me feel the staff and community is listening to new players.

My couple have spent a lot of money in Aeria servers. We were an awesome duo and we had literally everything back when we played on PT server. I have the time, he has the money, we both have good PVE skills to grind. The point here is: What makes a good tryhard player invest time or money on this server?

We're playing for fun, but we didn't lose our competitive trait. We still want it to be fair and we are also exhausted from servers closing due to not profiting at all.

I really love Eden, I've been playing it for 7 years and I don't want to see more servers closing their activities. Even though i'm new to the server, I can see how things work, and I have friends that have been playing on this server since it was launched. 

I know there are people who can't afford to buy VGN points. I know, also, that there are people who can't spend a lot of time to grind for stuff in-game. The real question is: Why are people getting stuff faster than others, without contributing or spending anything to the game at all (time/money)? Why would I spend anything in the game if I can do the lazy way?

Think like that and now expand it to the whole new community coming to our server and how it influences the server profit and lifetime.

All I see here is a lot of whining about non-issues, mmos die all the time, you can hate it and cry and throw a tantrum all you want but the fact that EE has been alive for, what, 8 years? Thats like 120 Years in human time, the fact that its still around at all is a miracle, and apparently its already on its last legs.

Lazy gonna lazy, there is nothing that will ever change that, remove the ability to afk gold farm completely? People wont just spontaneously start actively farming gold, they do the next thing up from afk farming, which is more afk farming somewhere else, and they'll keep doing it until its impossible to afk farm at all, at which point they'll just stop playing, which will cause people to whine that arena/mba/gvg/tw/flavor-of-the-month is dead, causing people to want better rewards to be a bigger incentive for players to do, so players will afk in those to farm incentives, which causes people to call for afkers to be banned, and so on.

The games already spiraling down the toilet, and sure, you can expect some kind of bump in userbase once aeria dies, but it'll only last so long before its right back to where it is now, people whining about things and wanting change when the proposed change would do more harm than good.

Just looking through it all says to me "i'm mad because other people dont play the game the way I do, ban them!" Which is just plain stupid.

55 minutes ago, default said:

All I see here is a lot of whining about non-issues, mmos die all the time, you can hate it and cry and throw a tantrum all you want but the fact that EE has been alive for, what, 8 years? Thats like 120 Years in human time, the fact that its still around at all is a miracle, and apparently its already on its last legs.

Lazy gonna lazy, there is nothing that will ever change that, remove the ability to afk gold farm completely? People wont just spontaneously start actively farming gold, they do the next thing up from afk farming, which is more afk farming somewhere else, and they'll keep doing it until its impossible to afk farm at all, at which point they'll just stop playing, which will cause people to whine that arena/mba/gvg/tw/flavor-of-the-month is dead, causing people to want better rewards to be a bigger incentive for players to do, so players will afk in those to farm incentives, which causes people to call for afkers to be banned, and so on.

The games already spiraling down the toilet, and sure, you can expect some kind of bump in userbase once aeria dies, but it'll only last so long before its right back to where it is now, people whining about things and wanting change when the proposed change would do more harm than good.

Just looking through it all says to me "i'm mad because other people dont play the game the way I do, ban them!" Which is just plain stupid.

There are no online games that allow the use of bots or similar resources. Using a pet to "simulate" a bot and farm AFK is the same as using macros/bots to influence your gold income.

On your theory, Devs should never ban anything because it's pointless, people will always find another way. 

Let me tell you something: People who don't invest anything on the game shouldn't have stuff. Lazy people should never have a top geared character without investing time or money. That's how it works on every game and that's how servers sustain themselves: Lazy people pay to have stuff they would have to grind for.

"Blablabla i'm mad" Nah, you don't know me. At some point i'll have everything I want and need because I know the game and I know how to grind. I just don't want to spend my time in a server doomed to die because the GMs aren't paying attention to bot activity.

If you think AFK farming is good for the game, build your own server and sustain it without money. Good luck.

ok chill, most of us are really here just to talk and so far its been pretty civil.

this is a tentative issue and we dont get final say anyway. afking itself is almost always negative to the server life, hence the thread. if u look at it realistically, its actually very hard to ban ppl just for afk gold farming, because u cant detect them as ezily like monster kill rankings, so I dont think banning is an issue, its whether we want to install a punishment or not.

on the other hand, we did install a punishment for elite farmnig and that didnt really seem to damage the server, so I doubt implementing a less harsh punishment on afk gold will be as bad as it might turn out to be.

I ask that u (plural) consider as many aspects possible regarding this issue, we should be able to come to an agreement.

PS. I still dont give a single fuck if its implemented or not, im cool with ppl afking for gold

2 hours ago, Reikan said:

Stop doing things i don't like!

This is what your argument boils down to. It pets weren't meant to be used for afk farming, they wouldn't be able to  be used in that manner, deal with it. You're not not because they're getting gold while being afk, you're mad that you choose to grind for it in dungeons while others prefer just letting the game play itself, and you think its the wrong way to play, despite it being a completely legitimate strategy for making money. 

Next you'll probably complain about resellers buying things for cheap and selling then for profit, because "its not the way the game was meant to be played", because thats exactly how you come off as a person, whether you intend it or not.

Can I ask the GM to close this thread before it gets unnecessarily toxic? I think you have all seen most of the arguments and evidence provided, the only thing left is deliberation.

1 hour ago, default said:

Next you'll probably complain about resellers buying things for cheap and selling then for profit, because "its not the way the game was meant to be played", because thats exactly how you come off as a person, whether you intend it or not.

Resell doesn't generate gold to the server, it just transfers gold from a player to another. Playing to generate gold is fine, using multiple bots to inflate economy isn't. 

Print your own money to pay the bills then.

8 minutes ago, Specter said:

Can I ask the GM to close this thread before it gets unnecessarily toxic? I think you have all seen most of the arguments and evidence provided, the only thing left is deliberation.

It's just one person wanting attention, don't worry. I'll stop replying to toxic comments and let the topic move on as it was going.

Let's see what Jordan thinks about it and, as you said, find a good way to solve that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, default said:

This is what your argument boils down to. It pets weren't meant to be used for afk farming, they wouldn't be able to  be used in that manner, deal with it. You're not not because they're getting gold while being afk, you're mad that you choose to grind for it in dungeons while others prefer just letting the game play itself, and you think its the wrong way to play, despite it being a completely legitimate strategy for making money. 

This is one of the most silly comments yet. If people want to play the game honestly and without abusing the system they have every right to complain about cheap methods like this.

And not this was not the intended use of pets that's why FNO has an afk cache check every hour of play time to prevent stuff like this. Unfortunately we cannot add this which leaves us in a bit of a bind.

Now let's keep this discussion civil or simply we will just have to lock the thread.

The way I see it?
It is harmless, so long as nobody uses this as their main way of income.
We all know there will be those few that will take it to the extreme.. The obvious solution would be to limit it, or ban it(?) 
But that's a different abyss on it's own. 
Stuff like this starts off harmless then leads to serious problems.

Pretty sure someone else said this, but figured I should remind you once more.

Well you see players who afk gold farming invest time and money to get their main accounts geared and have a lots of money. 

And to make another account to do afk farming in vrona takes time and money too so basically they want their gold back plus profit

2 hours ago, COmetkun99 said:

Well you see players who afk gold farming invest time and money to get their main accounts geared and have a lots of money. 

And to make another account to do afk farming in vrona takes time and money too so basically they want their gold back plus profit

The main argument is along the lines of should players really earn for being AFK and if they should be able to earn for being AFK should they be able to earn so much without cost (besides the initial cost).

Not really, players make alts out of boredom to make more money.

Adding too much rules and it will cause most players to quit the game, dare to try? Can see how the FNO on Asia server closed on 8 years ago, since the game keep changing rules, adding something that is not necessary that cause most of the players quit the game and company closed the game. A private server means every other players who do not want to play on Aeria server or other main server to play on here, to play comfortably and enjoy the game. If you guys think that generating massive golds can affect the market, well it couldn't affect too long since gold generating by pet is way taking too much time. A computer built to play AFK generating gold is taking real money, electricity? Cost of building PC? Clear bags on scheduled time? In-game character build, pet build? All are taking times and costs. Everyone has their own play. 

Btw, the game is getting less and less players without Pet AFK farming being restricted. Just for the sake of few community members to voice out their feeling of unfairness and blocked all? When the game couldn't maintain on it will close server, I would want to see how the few community members who voice on this issue to "support" the server to not being closed (imagining)

Sorry for my bad english. At the end i just think that you all are lucky to have a server to play on, i missed the FNO Asia server...

No lagging issue, no huge time difference issue to join on TW or other events. Should appreciate what you have, and make changes of what that cause major problems, not just nitpick on everything you personally think that it's not right. 

It's not "personally think that it's not right".

I'm tired of arguing so i'll just tell you to read the entire topic again.

A server that doesn't make money can't stay online for too long. 

People who don't have time to play use pets to AFK instead of spending money, therefore soon the server will run dry on resources to stay online.

8 hours ago, Just A Anonymous said:

Adding too much rules and it will cause most players to quit the game, dare to try? Can see how the FNO on Asia server closed on 8 years ago, since the game keep changing rules, adding something that is not necessary that cause most of the players quit the game and company closed the game. A private server means every other players who do not want to play on Aeria server or other main server to play on here, to play comfortably and enjoy the game. If you guys think that generating massive golds can affect the market, well it couldn't affect too long since gold generating by pet is way taking too much time. A computer built to play AFK generating gold is taking real money, electricity? Cost of building PC? Clear bags on scheduled time? In-game character build, pet build? All are taking times and costs. Everyone has their own play. 

Btw, the game is getting less and less players without Pet AFK farming being restricted. Just for the sake of few community members to voice out their feeling of unfairness and blocked all? When the game couldn't maintain on it will close server, I would want to see how the few community members who voice on this issue to "support" the server to not being closed (imagining)

Sorry for my bad english. At the end i just think that you all are lucky to have a server to play on, i missed the FNO Asia server...

No lagging issue, no huge time difference issue to join on TW or other events. Should appreciate what you have, and make changes of what that cause major problems, not just nitpick on everything you personally think that it's not right. 

Unless you're talking about another region FNO is still open.

I'm sure we will be ok considering aeria adds the most bullshit rules on a weekly basis and they don't seem to lose many players and when they do it's mostly to this server cause updates.

It's not a 'small amount' of money these people are earning and its not like bitcoin mining where your pc is running at 100% so electric bills aren't really a factor especially if these people most likely leave their pc on idle whether they're gathering or not.

As a person who can't afford to spend on VGN often (Yes, I did spend some birthday/Christmas money on VGN a few times) I can understand why people do pet AFK farm in Viroona and other places to earn money. Mainly because I think about 50/50 there's people who cannot farm DGNs for gold due to work, classes, busy life in general, etc, others who can't afford to buy VGN, or are just flat out too lazy (sadly in this case most are probably too lazy to farm gold legitimately). 

In the past, I myself experimented with AFK farming with Dragon Emperor pet pre-ban because I was curious as to why ALL of Shaxia was always full of AFKers and it did make quite a lot overnight, in the span of 8-10h you had 2-4k when you npc'd drops(and it was good exp too, but this was also when it was AFK 24/7 and drops NPC'd every 8h), so I can empathize and agree with the nerf of class pets on this one. 

Loot pet AFK farming I've also tested with 1 character and it took a lot more time to get to the amount you'd get with doing Faes, etc and you'd have to AFK it 24/7 which is nearly impossible if you're going to be legitimately AFK (take into factor server DCs, alpacas, "Eden Eternal is not responding" errors, and things like that) You'd have to watch it every so often and make sure, and relog it too. And flat out overall, pet AFKing with regular 4 star pets was just not worth it to me, but this was also with AFKing only 1 character 'cause my toaster cannot handle more than that..

I prefer to run 20-40 Fae runs a day, but this is where it comes down to the fact that I have that kind of time and I can do it that fast, meanwhile most AFKers don't have that time/don't want to do it. And when I was reading through this topic, I felt like pet AFKing with 1-5-10 clients overall was stressed a little too much considering the majority of Eden players play this game because they like it and enjoy it, and can run it on toasters like mine. However, I also felt like many left out the possibilities of the money acquired from 1 pet AFKer being turned into a bigger some just by buying Eden Crystals and being lucky enough to gain items that players have sold and doubled their profits with. 

So overall, I think that as long as it's not overused and abused it's not a bad thing to leave in the game because some people do only live off pet AFKing for gold and items to sell/use (Legion Armor boxes as an example, a lot of people have been AFKing for them since patch because they don't have the time to farm legion elite every hour). 

I did get the point of how this all seems unfair to the people who do actually work their bums off and farm gold through Faes and other DGNs like it and could be a problem in the future, 'cause I have ran fae daily on 2-4 characters a day for over a year when I started on this server. I do get that it seems like AFKers are getting off free with no hard work/effort put into the game and no profit for Vendetta. But at the same time it's unfair to the AFKers who actually don't have that kind of time to run those dungeons if we take this away from them. But I still stand with what I've said earlier, as long as it's not overused to an abusive point, I will not pay mind to them. I don't see it as a huge crime right now after having experimented with 1 AFKing alt.

Sorry, if this was not a response you enjoyed. I've tried my hardest to explain how I thought of it from both points of views, having tried AFKing and having been a gold farmer for years here, but since it's nearly 5 AM and I'm sleepy I feel like it's not the best. xD

Good luck~ 

Edited by Nanami

vOvX6Zk.png

yQHdTjq.png

from the Alpaca Dimension community discord

Always good to see we're being well represented by the GS's.

6 minutes ago, Reikan said:

vOvX6Zk.png

yQHdTjq.png

from the Alpaca Dimension community discord

Always good to see we're being well represented by the GS's.

Except Waifu isn't a GS and none of the GS have a display picture on discord like that so it would be nice if you wouldn't just make assumptions on who is a GS and who isn't a GS just because they put GS in their discord name.

52 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Except Waifu isn't a GS and none of the GS have a display picture on discord like that so it would be nice if you wouldn't just make assumptions on who is a GS and who isn't a GS just because they put GS in their discord name.

Hmm, another player told me that "GS Waifu" was the Discord name of one of the current GS's. Maybe he was wrong, but.. who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seems like the rest of the community isn't much different. I'm being a "dick" for worrying about the server lifetime.

Keep things going.

30 minutes ago, Reikan said:

Hmm, another player told me that "GS Waifu" was the Discord name of one of the current GS's. Maybe he was wrong, but.. who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seems like the rest of the community isn't much different. I'm being a "dick" for worrying about the server lifetime.

Keep things going.

I can assure you Waifu is not a GS as we have a private discord sever with all the GS from all the different games and I can see that none of them have that picture or have that name on discord. I likely know who the so called "GS Waifu" is and that person particularly they generally like to start arguments with other players for the sake of amusement.

You should also expect this kinda reaction from most players as the role of a developer is to protect players from themselves. Players don't know what they really want because they only look at the game through the moment and not through the future. Just because you've sat back and said gold is filling the server because people are spamming AFK yada yada will make you a dick to other players because your ruining their easy gold. Its being cruel to be kind, players can threaten to quit all they like against changes like this but lets be honest let them because if they continue to abuse things like this then the server will come to an end for everyone not just the player who spits his dummy out about not in favor changes.

Edit: Unless they're marked as a GS on the official Vendetta Discord then don't believe the bullshit other players say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1