Sign in to follow this  
Janlord

GoP new ring

This is so pointless, is this Ring effect only in "Normal Attack"? why you can't make it also works in "Skill"? i'am disappointed again. 
It's a waste of time crafting this. i'am expecting this will be a good ring.. 
zv2ydh.jpg

Hm, you're talking about the +25% double hit ? I do not think its only work on basic attack (it will be very stupid imo) and i see some m-dps use it in TW (Dalamura for an example).

It is correct it only works on basic attacks as it's designed to benefit only PDPS classes. We do not need to give more over powered accessories like the sadness ring to MDPS classes. Anyone who understands how 90% of PDPS classes work will understand that this ring is actually really over powered.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Specter said:

plz dont tell me the cerber necklace is also only basic atk, there alrdy an effect for that in the set.

Cerberus necklace is both attacks and skills as it has its own Anti-Mdps affect.

7 hours ago, Luxdrayn said:

Hm, you're talking about the +25% double hit ? I do not think its only work on basic attack (it will be very stupid imo) and i see some m-dps use it in TW (Dalamura for an example).

It dont work,the first tw i tried with it it wasnt procing.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

It is correct it only works on basic attacks as it's designed to benefit only PDPS classes. We do not need to give more over powered accessories like the sadness ring to MDPS classes. Anyone who understands how 90% of PDPS classes work will understand that this ring is actually really over powered.

It works well for only some pdps classes to be honest,zerk,assassin,trainner and some others based in normal attacks,for some others are kinda useless,it would be more usefull if you remove the ''This will not be activated again while it is already active'' its fine for others acessories but for normal attacks i guess its not that broken if overproc even 24/7.

3 hours ago, Yukani said:

It works well for only some pdps classes to be honest,zerk,assassin,trainner and some others based in normal attacks,for some others are kinda useless,it would be more usefull if you remove the ''This will not be activated again while it is already active'' its fine for others acessories but for normal attacks i guess its not that broken if overproc even 24/7.

Indeed, it is strange that we would need a proc "lock", when, even though the effect is powerful, is only half as long as other items. I thought the duration was enough of a set back and the new items were meant to be stronger than the old ones.

Idk who would want +12.5% dps (rng based) in normal attacks for 5 seconds when you can lower -15 phys resist (+30% dps on both normals and skills) for 10 seconds. The set effect is debatable on its usage, 250 STR helps capping block if you have evasion set and the element resist can save some gem slots. As an assasin I'm only using the necklace, my resist is already high and the dps boost from tk is huge when it procs.

8 minutes ago, Noka said:

Idk who would want +12.5% dps (rng based) in normal attacks for 5 seconds when you can lower -15 phys resist (+30% dps on both normals and skills) for 10 seconds. The set effect is debatable on its usage, 250 STR helps capping block if you have evasion set and the element resist can save some gem slots. As an assasin I'm only using the necklace, my resist is already high and the dps boost from tk is huge when it procs.

The idea is you use it as a set and not pick it for the individual parts as with every other set in the game, sometimes a ring or two fall out of this pattern but for the most part this is the idea.

yeah i wanna know also.. good to know this ring doesn't work on mdps, "haha". hope it's work on my BA ^^.

2 hours ago, Janlord said:

is this Good for, Asura, BA, Assassin, all melee etc? 

not all melee, rather all pdps that rely on atk spd and basic atks, like trainer, CA, asura, assasin, executioner, and zerker just to name a few.

Ultimately it doesnt matter that much, but not working for skills is taking many points off the appeal of the ring.

9 hours ago, Janlord said:

is this Good for, Asura, BA, Assassin, all melee etc? 

As long as you cap your attack speed its good on Asura and Assassin. BA is a skill reliant class so not so much. BA is part of the 10% from my original response like Rakshasa.

32 minutes ago, Jordan said:

As long as you cap your attack speed its good on Asura and Assassin. BA is a skill reliant class so not so much. BA is part of the 10% from my original response like Rakshasa.

So, actually the 90% is:

Zerk,Executionner, Assassin, Asura, Blade Master, Trainer, Annihilator & CA ? (BK & DE have the hybride necklace)

14 hours ago, Specter said:

how about, lowering the rate down to 8% from 25%, make it work for all atks, and give it a matk-50% debuff?

You might as well leave the ring as it is, when you step back on some classes, it's not so bad.

But so, with zumi, there is a way to have a double atk on another double atk in basic attack, just as a double atk on a triple atk in basic attack?
So in Blade Master it would look:
Basic attack
Proc double attack (racial)
Proc buff Steadfast
Proc ring

Meh, nerf zumi pls o/

Assasin is not about basic attacks lol, his 225% dmg modifier only works on skills. Asura on the other hand is, because all his damage modifiers work on basic attacks plus he spends time doing only basic attacks because of high skill cd.

9 minutes ago, Noka said:

Assasin is not about basic attacks lol, his 225% dmg modifier only works on skills. Asura on the other hand is, because all his damage modifiers work on basic attacks plus he spends time doing only basic attacks because of high skill cd.

yea it really isnt, altho considering how necktwister and lockdown slice dont have a good hitbox, sometimes its best to leave it to basic atk to actually hit something, and in this instance the pdps shield + ring proc is helpful to a certain degree (maybe for capping too?), but not by much.

This situation doesnt happen that much anyway, but I have found myself more lucky on final hits with basic atks (ofc after the dash) than necktwister sometimes, slice has the least hitbox and takes too long to animate (unless ur in transformed buff mode like alpaca crystal or popz's puss in boots).

on the other hand, how many trainers and anhi have u really seen around TW anyway? so its just mainly melee pdps, and melee pdps alrdy have the shield....so i dont really understand the point of the ring, at least with the asmo necklace there is a clear distinction and cerber necklace has anti matk buff to make sure no mdps abuse, should the ring description just be altered so ppl dont get confused?

2 minutes ago, Specter said:

yea it really isnt, altho considering how necktwister and lockdown slice dont have a good hitbox, sometimes its best to leave it to basic atk to actually hit something, and in this instance the pdps shield + ring proc is helpful to a certain degree (maybe for capping too?), but not by much. This situation doesnt happen that much anyway, but I have found myself more lucky on final hits with basic atks (ofc after the dash) than necktwister sometimes, slice has the least hitbox and takes too long to animate (unless ur in transformed buff mode like alpaca crystal or popz's puss in boots).

Ofcourse, but the purpose of those basic attacks is to trigger the cert stun and kill them with skills. Assasin benefits more from tk debuff since it allows him to break past tanks and healers, as well as capping cristals faster.

1 hour ago, Noka said:

You should take a long hard look on how to maximize your DPS in this game. Just because the numbers are high on X doesn't mean you shouldn't care about Y. If you cap your attack speed your character will automatically basic attack twice between skills when your skills are on global cool down. Just because Assassin deals high skill damage does not mean basic attacks are irrelevant. As I've said these combinations are specifically designed to be used as a full set or not at all, so when comparing this ring to other available options you must consider all the other possible accessories in tandem to see if its worth using or not. I mean look at TK set, quite honestly the entire set effects are complete garbage except the double hit trophy and yet people use the full set because of the set effect.

Also referring to the ring, if you build full attack speed you will be attacking enough to proc the ring easily. Dealing 50% more damage on basic attacks 25% of the time is not a bad deal considering the set effects. Not even beginning to mention if you are stacking it with other multi hit accessories that it can proc off too. And yes you will always get more DPS off -Resistance procs but there is a number of reasons why you would be stupid to use - resistance for a capper and not to mention some bosses in the new dungeon having overcapped resistances making your -resistance procs do nothing.

I have capped atkspd and they do barely anything against players, they are just there to proc stuff (which is why I cared about the stat in the first place). This set effect gives 10% atk as well as some block and resistance which is the only 3 factors someone should consider if they are assasins, I'm not saying this set is bad, I'm just giving a warning that sometimes the new stuff isn't better than the old. I can see myself using it with P-Dps with low +% atk buffs like BM and Executioner since they benefit the most from atk boosting (as well as basic attack boosts). Don't tell me that I'm not testing stuff, I'm the kind of person that wastes hours hitting sandbags with the DPS window open just to min-maxing stats.

1 hour ago, Noka said:

I have capped atkspd and they do barely anything against players, they are just there to proc stuff (which is why I cared about the stat in the first place). This set effect gives 10% atk as well as some block and resistance which is the only 3 factors someone should consider if they are assasins, I'm not saying this set is bad, I'm just giving a warning that sometimes the new stuff isn't better than the old. I can see myself using it with P-Dps with low +% atk buffs like BM and Executioner since they benefit the most from atk boosting (as well as basic attack boosts). Don't tell me that I'm not testing stuff, I'm the kind of person that wastes hours hitting sandbags with the DPS window open just to min-maxing stats.

If you put a ''Attack'' icon on your skill bar you can do ways more dmg than just spaming skill,thats not just for assassin,all melee classes and some ranged ones too.like this http://prntscr.com/j93bfm

16 hours ago, Xaoc said:

yeah i wanna know also.. good to know this ring doesn't work on mdps, "haha". hope it's work on my BA ^^.

I dont see any reasson to someone use this ring on ba,the only way to it be usefull are in capping,besides it ba barely does basic attacks.

45 minutes ago, Yukani said:

If you put a ''Attack'' icon on your skill bar you can do ways more dmg than just spaming skill,thats not just for assassin,all melee classes and some ranged ones too.like this http://prntscr.com/j93bfm

The key to the left of the 1 key also basic attacks, you don't need it on your skill bar.

8 minutes ago, Jordan said:

The key to the left of the 1 key also basic attacks, you don't need it on your skill bar.

For me is easier using it in skill bar,since its closed to the skills and 3 skill bar is more than enought for assassin,it dont really requires much swap like trophies or shield.