Poll Name read the post  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Read the post for more information on the choices

• Major changes to all classes
    • Major changes to weaker classes
    • Minor changes to all classes.
    • Minor changes to weaker classes.
    • Change nothing

A lot of players would like to see some changes in normal classes as they don't seem to be having fun in these specific TW's. I personally didn't want to change anything to keep the nostalgia and maybe just buff up some of the weaker ones in numbers. However, due to the semi-large amount of requests I will leave it up to the community to decide, this does however mean that the free POD buffs will be removed if any significant changes are made as these where only given to encourage awaken class fanatics to enter as I knew once the nostalgia ran out people would not like to go.

Here are your choices:

• Major changes to most classes
    • This is anywhere from number tweaks to skill/KP tweaks.
  • Major changes to weaker classes
    • This is again anywhere from number tweaks to skill/KP tweaks but is limited to the weaker classes.
  • Minor changes to all classes.
    • Mainly just number tweaks and the odd skill tweak to replace useless skills such as malice buffs.
  • Minor changes to weaker classes
    • This like the above but limited to weaker classes.
  • Change nothing
    • This being the obvious leave it how it is.

Feel free to leave comments and share thoughts with some changes being possible for as soon as next week.

5 minutes ago, infecttado said:

This ins't a Normal Class tw is Illusionist/Magician/MA tw.

Please keep the comments helpful, thanks.

can you add dmg/aoe/range for some skills & buffs(like Templar hammer)/more secs for buffs or less cd to weapons lv95 for weak classes ? especially  classes that use 1h weapons 

17 minutes ago, GoldDiggerFTW said:

can you add dmg/aoe/range for some skills & buffs(like Templar hammer)/more secs for buffs or less cd to weapons lv95 for weak classes ? especially  classes that use 1h weapons 

This falls into the minor and major category

35 minutes ago, Yukani said:

Nerf or remove ashura in tw (Normal class)

No, also not the purpose of the thread so please stay on topic, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

No, also not the purpose of the thread so please stay on topic, thanks.

Can we suggest some tweak for the class ? Or we're* just gonna* talk about if we just rework them or not ?

Edited by Luxdrayn
my english suck

I don't see the Normal class TW just as "nostalgia", but a creative way to explore classes that would, otherwise, be forgotten entirely in the Awaken class world.

Considering that, it turns out to be obvious that some classes require special attention to join the meta for the objectives. I am in favor of changes, but only if the classes keep their identity.

37 minutes ago, Luxdrayn said:

Can we suggest some tweak for the class ? Or we're* just gonna* talk about if we just rework them or not ?

Yes you are allowed, this was the main intention of the comments for ideas :D

29 minutes ago, Reikan said:

I don't see the Normal class TW just as "nostalgia", but a creative way to explore classes that would, otherwise, be forgotten entirely in the Awaken class world.

Considering that, it turns out to be obvious that some classes require special attention to join the meta for the objectives. I am in favor of changes, but only if the classes keep their identity.

Thats my idea tbh

• Thanks 1

No need to nerf classes like mage/ranger/templar etc, once you have more atractive classes they will be less seen as consequence.

Illusionist is way out of the curve. Also, shura is too much powerful once we have less hp in normal tw

Obviously, thats just the way i see.

I could post a wall of text about how I think each P-dps should be buffed, but instead I will put some steps that I would repeat with all p-dps class:

- They need a dash skill to reach the target faster

- They need to do high dps on par with the ilusionist

- They need some sort of self-recovery, but not much

Example: Samurai

Fallen Swallow: Now quickly dashes towards the target, dot damage is doubled (this skill has the perfect animation to become a dash, and 1k dot per second is ok)
Solar wind: When used, instantly recovers 10% of HP (it has 4s cd so its not broken)
Crosswise Cut: Deals doublehit dmg, also lowers -15% atk and m-atk (useless combo made useful, can be spamed for good dps)
Marduk's Tongue: Deals doublehit dmg, also increases +15% atk (same as above)
Asura slash: No longer deletes purgatory debuff (that way you can launch some asura slash before recharging purgatory)
Protrusion: Knockback time +2 sec (its dumb that it last the same amount of time as a meteorite, which is aoe, and ranged)
Dance of cranes: Instead of lowering element resist, it lowers -10% block rate (so it helps all dps, plus makes clerics easier to kill)
Shrine belief: Also instantly recovers 20% hp when used (long cd)

Bazuda's cursed memories (trophy): Now it increases protrusion knockback time +2 sec instead of fallen swallow duration (most class have a trophy that extends their cc duration)

Oisadar's steel willpower (trophy): Now it lowers shrine belief cd -50% instead of increasing it's duration (its base effect is plain useless)

• Like 1

First i would suggest to increase Base P-Attack of some class

Warrior :

Bloddy Attack: Turn it into a double / triple hit skill

Angry Punch: Lower def by 20% (i was gonna suggest to make it lower parry & block, but MA can do it (and Samurai if you take the suggestion from Noka), make it work on 2-hand weapon

Onrush: increase stun from 2 sec to 3sec (i dont know if its an error or not, but yea)

Titan's Wall: Reduce damage received by X % (maybe 15-20, idk), increase duration from 12 to 15 sec, reduce cd from 2 min to 30-40 sec [only with shield]

Sense of Survival: recovers 30% hp & 5% hp every time you get hit, reduce duration from 30 sec to 15 & CD from 1min to 30-40 sec

Metal Bluster: i dont really know what to change on this, maybe lower the CD or increase the duration to 30 sec

Intimidate: nothing

Group Provoke: add : Increase damage taken by 20 % instead of additional damage

Thrill of Battle: Increase P-Atk & Max Hp buff. increase duration buff from 10 to 20 sec (or 30)

Ultimate War Intent: dont have any idea for this skill actually

Dragon Knight:

Increase duration buff (flame / hide / dark drake mode)

Dragon Terror: Maybe make it work like an aura instead of a buff, Lower Acc by X pts & mvspeed by 30%

Thief:

Switf Attack: nothing

Ambush: Double hit and double the next damage 

Deadly Containment: If possible, turn it into a dash (may be let it work only while invisible)

Hidden Force: Make you invisible & recovers 30-40% hp (keep the x4 dmg if hit)

Sneak: increase move spd by 25% instead of lower

Galop / Blend / Cruel Slash: nothing

Heartless: increase the p-atk buff

Poisoned Target: Add a dot like 2k-3k / sec for 5 sec (not stackable)

I have an idea for the Engineer but i think this class need a rework (feel like you cant really use the p-dps side)

• Like 1

I agree with changes, if possible try to make normal classs tw works like this : https://youtu.be/hMfNR-S9s54

i think u remember how's cool was it 😜

My idea was make exclusive items for normal class tw(ex:awaken weapons lv100/reework on old awaken sets), blocking other items, reducing the stats of all characters and making a new dng to get it.

Would be good.

Edited by infecttado
Using the same term a couple times

It's too much work to make too much exclusive items and is taxing on the game so its not possible to do.

Another suggestion I have:

Please revamp/rework war machines. It's such a waste not to see that system being used anywhere. 

Make structures with advantages and counters, like -DMG received and "Extra structure dmg" etc, I don't know, but please don't allow this system to be wasted.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Just so your aware, I will not be adding a lot of % based heals and +% buffs in general as for the most part this was only brought in with awaken classes and I feel should be kept that way.

@Luxdrayn Thief is still underpowered even with those buffs you suggested. The dash skill should be ambush, it makes more sense because of the name. Deadly containment should either last +2 sec or becoming usable outside invisible, otherwise thief would be a low-damage ma without resist debuff and a invisibility skill that ma can replicate with smoke bombs.

As for blade dancer, what he really needs is more aoe range. Its dumb that ranged magic class has more aoe feet that a class that deals less damage and has to be in melee distance. Add the fact that pvp shields can't be used in tw basic class, bd is very frail. 

We all can agree that pure melee class are barely usable in general, ma is used solely for caping, and the warrior has a niche in chaining 7s of cc, a job that rangers and warlocks do better anyways. I'm curious about how Jordan will manage to rebalance those melee class.

the only strong class in tw is illusionist

whenever I enter normal war everyone plays illusionist

you need to balance the class

Illusionist is strong, but its weak too, in a 1v1 situation if an illu dont kill you before the end of his cc, his dead tbh,even in a party vs party situation, its strong but not totally broken (not like  templar with hammer)

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

Just so your aware, I will not be adding a lot of % based heals and +% buffs in general as for the most part this was only brought in with awaken classes and I feel should be kept that way.

I can understand this point, i mean its only a suggestion, not like im telling you to do that xd

5 hours ago, Noka said:

@Luxdrayn Thief is still underpowered even with those buffs you suggested. The dash skill should be ambush, it makes more sense because of the name. Deadly containment should either last +2 sec or becoming usable outside invisible, otherwise thief would be a low-damage ma without resist debuff and a invisibility skill that ma can replicate with smoke bombs.

As for blade dancer, what he really needs is more aoe range. Its dumb that ranged magic class has more aoe feet that a class that deals less damage and has to be in melee distance. Add the fact that pvp shields can't be used in tw basic class, bd is very frail. 

We all can agree that pure melee class are barely usable in general, ma is used solely for caping, and the warrior has a niche in chaining 7s of cc, a job that rangers and warlocks do better anyways. I'm curious about how Jordan will manage to rebalance those melee class.

5 sec stun inst too much ?

For the BD, i think there is something good think we can do if we count the bard to make new combinaison,atfer all actually his awaken version is good, so why not ?

Even if its not for capping, i think MA is pretty good. Im also curious about this point, but i think he's gonna do a great job, atfer all, Asura was almost the worst p-dps class before the patch and now  this class is fine

Thief already inflicts a 5 second stun with the glyph, so it would become a 7 second stun. No, its not much in normal class tw when rangers and warlocks inflict 10 and 15 seconds of fear respectively. Also stun doesn't raise the damage by x1.5 like knockback does, and thief has less p-atk base than 2-handed users. Maybe it would be better to just turn the stun into knockback so he can burst like his big brother the assasin. And MA is weak against players, its just a class with 3 sec stun that lowers -20 phys resist after attacking 10 times and skills that deals the same damage as basic attacks. If a MA kills you then you got gear issues.