twin saga or aura kingdom private server

JessGasai

Bash is considering maybe hosting a fourth game for us sometime in the future but we already did Twin Saga and it didn't turn out successfully, and Aura Kingdom already has private server and when it got asked for here before it got turned down. If anything a new game here would most likely lean towards Grand Fantasia.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What made Twin Saga a failure? I've been playing on the TwinSaga.to server, and it's a fantastic game in many aspects - I've been enjoying it and the depth/immersion in the game's universe, and the variety of PvE options available not just in endgame, but also in levelling. But I can't help but think a server run by Vendetta would be far more refined than the .to one, and I wish the VGN Twin Saga had been a success.

• VGN GM
1 hour ago, tjmleech said:

What made Twin Saga a failure? I've been playing on the TwinSaga.to server, and it's a fantastic game in many aspects - I've been enjoying it and the depth/immersion in the game's universe, and the variety of PvE options available not just in endgame, but also in levelling. But I can't help but think a server run by Vendetta would be far more refined than the .to one, and I wish the VGN Twin Saga had been a success.

It just didn't work out .to is a big part as to why making their game too easy whilst we stuck to the game being a challenge still.

12 hours ago, Bash said:

It just didn't work out .to is a big part as to why making their game too easy whilst we stuck to the game being a challenge still.

no offense ,but this is dishonest, and untrue to why the vendetta server failed lol, Maint's were always delay there wasn't a content patch for almost a year if not a year and then when the patch did finally came the sets that were added in were worse then what was already in the game so no reason to get the new gears, it had nothing to do with making the game easy or a challenge lol..there isn't it just didn't work out, it didn't work out because there was a lot of problems with the server.

• VGN GM
15 hours ago, popzy said:

no offense ,but this is dishonest, and untrue to why the vendetta server failed lol, Maint's were always delay there wasn't a content patch for almost a year if not a year and then when the patch did finally came the sets that were added in were worse then what was already in the game so no reason to get the new gears, it had nothing to do with making the game easy or a challenge lol..there isn't it just didn't work out, it didn't work out because there was a lot of problems with the server.

Uh huh, if you really think that. What about the first 6 months of constant updates and working hard to receiving "do this because .to did or im going there" or you forget about that? We were always against the wall because .to did it this way or that way (ie: making the game too easy).

We wanted to create challenges you guys wanted to play weeb dress up game and fight easy dungeons with attention spans of fish. Typical gamer of this generation.

So yeah ultimately the interest to continue trying to improve the game was lost when we had a low playerbase and every idea being compared to them. They didn't do anything better not even anything custom, they just slowly released vanilla content and gave away a bunch of free shit and somehow that was better than the stuff we were trying.

Jordan came and made a lot of content for you guys and it just didn't grow. So yea we had no option but to close down after the big issue as we were paying for a server that wasn't pay for itself since launch and it wasn't worth the hassle anymore.

I'm also not saying my work is the best btw or thinking my own shit smells like roses. In all fairness I just knew it was better than what they were doing. The only reason their server even done as good is from the loss of their AK server which was on the brink of dying before they fucked up on TS.

• VGN GM

There is a lot of reasons why Twin Saga failed on this network. The constant war between people comparing us to .to and the constant complaints that "Ohh this dungeon is bugged because the boss is too hard" etc. There was also lots of wonky changes that the official TW server did to throw us off such as when they changed the games drop system so Bash had to figure out what they changed and how to improve ours back to what it was which was a huge task in itself. If your going to compare to .to you also must factor in the communities that went into the game, they had a massive PvE oriented player base on their AK server so of course naturally they will try out their networks "new" game, it's most likely why they even bothered to release it on their AK network instead of what they did with their failed dragomon server where they released it on its own domain instead. Where as we had Eden Eternal players who a majority of players strive for PvP content and where extremely underwhelmed when they realised how bad the games PvP was and went straight back to Eden Eternal.

Twin Saga is also a very demanding PvE game, there is no real "end game" content to the game, there's not a lot of things to do once you reach the "end game". I added dungeons with sets and armors and it increased the games numbers a touch but after a week the community is done with that content and are asking for the next so unless you have a full time developer on the game quite honestly you just can't keep up. The game is fundamentally flawed and just being honest unless your pushing out at least bi-weekly updates that's why in comparison to the .to AK server its numbers didn't last and same with Aeria's server.

Also this comment:

17 hours ago, popzy said:

no there wasn't a content patch for almost a year if not a year and then when the patch did finally came the sets that were added in were worse then what was already in the game so no reason to get the new gears

There was plenty of updates for the game on release but the game was already dead when Bash got busy with some real life health issues which should always come first. I wasn't even properly setup as a GM at that time either so it's not like he could just ask me to do it so you can't really pull any merit to that and by the time Bash was better and ready to work again and set me up with everything I needed to dev then we continued to work on the game until a game breaking bug occured and we decided it was best to call it quits. Especially since the month after launch the server was costing more money to keep up than it was making meaning that it was risking other game servers too if they had a bad month which as you can agree would be the sensible decision to close the server and move on.

We wanted to create challenges you guys wanted to play weeb dress up game and fight easy dungeons with attention spans of fish. Typical gamer of this generation.

Seems strange to blatantly insult your playerbase/customers when they were vocal about what they wanted from Twin Saga, and refusing them what they wanted resulted in the death of the server.

I take back what I said earlier. It's not a VGN server I want for Twin Saga, it's Jordan's hard work to create new content with assets from other games that I miss.

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Chris said:

I shouldn't be asking this, but what happened to Bash at the time? I'm just worried.

Hes going back to work IRL, so he have less time to complete patches if that was what u asked for?

Also please don't necro posts, make your own or search in forums latest news ^_^