Sign in to follow this  
GoddessSand

Is this right?

I just want clarifying that a SE can hit a player 14 times with the same skill while in their mech. The image below is a screen shot of my system damage report while Cabbit was in his mech. This was not the first time I have had an SE hit me so many times, but it just feels wrong to allow an SE to have 14 attacks with the same skill without them needing to break from that skill before using it again. YFZB1YL.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bikini said:

It's not that he's attacking 14 times the damage is just broken up like that

Ya, I get that. but it's like holding the button on a machine gun. 1 push of a trigger and 14 bullets come out. But that's an awful lot of bullets for 1 skill attack. The SW barely has 5 hits repetitive like that.

just see it as 1 atk that is splitted up the ammount of bullets is not the issue here/ doesnt change anything beside fitting the class lore  the ammount of damage is adding up to 62k that is the issue so the skill would just need to get lowered and then it would  change to 100-150 damage per hit or lower depending what skill that is the ammount of bullets are not important and is consistent over all Sentinels and is supposed to be like that

16 minutes ago, Doper said:

just see it as 1 atk that is splitted up the ammount of bullets is not the issue here/ doesnt change anything beside fitting the class lore  the ammount of damage is adding up to 62k that is the issue so the skill would just need to get lowered and then it would  change to 100-150 damage per hit or lower depending what skill that is the ammount of bullets are not important and is consistent over all Sentinels and is supposed to be like that

Okay, but let's say that the SE is using a skill stone. Wouldn't the number of hits increase the skill stone engaging or are skill stones specifically designed to only engage for the skills first use and not the number of hits that the skill does?

So a SE skill does 14 different damages but on the 10th hit of damage you also get the skill stone engaged on you instead of if it didn't go off in the first hit the other hits aren't going to engage it?

2 minutes ago, GoddessSand said:

Okay, but let's say that the SE is using a skill stone. Wouldn't the number of hits increase the skill stone engaging or are skill stones specifically designed to only engage for the skills first use and not the number of hits that the skill does?

So a SE skill does 14 different damages but on the 10th hit of damage you also get the skill stone engaged on you instead of if it didn't go off in the first hit the other hits aren't going to engage it?

no it wouldnt normally  the thing that would happen

A it procs and it shows on logs proccing on every hit(but the debuff gets applied at the first hit

B it doesnt proc at first it never procs

They way it shows on the logs could be the same as in 1 hit  the logs just show it different

Edited by Doper

Make some maths: (269 + 306) x 14 = 8050.

You're sure level 59+, and it doesn't seem a so big damage. My punisher 59 is weak, but with some skills I can deal more than 8050 damage. And punisher has just single bullet skills.

I think 8050 in one bullet or split in 14 bullets is same. Just the graphic effect changes.

^ this is purely animation. The skill is considered to be a single attack. The entire damage is done on the first hit, and all associated calculations are only done once.

So

• each damage component either misses or hits, you cannot evade e.g. 5 out of 16 chakra bullets
  • each damage component either crits or does normal damage, it's not rolled for each individual bullet
  • fixed bonuses (DEF/CH-DEF/PvP-DEF/Aggro) have the same effect as with any other damage skill, they're  not 16x as effective
  • skill stones only apply once, with their normal proc chance

The one skill where this is not true is Photon Trap. On each tick, it can do damage multiple times, once for each person standing on it.

• with 1 player on it, that player takes damage once
  • with 2 players on it, they both take damage twice
  • with 3 players on it, all of them take damage 3 times

This is not a damage multiplier, these are in fact multiple skill applications. So skill stones effectively have a higher proc chance the more enemies are on it, DEF is more effective, each instance can miss or crit independently, etc.

2 hours ago, Filomena said:

Make some maths: (269 + 306) x 14 = 8050.

You're sure level 59+, and it doesn't seem a so big damage. My punisher 59 is weak, but with some skills I can deal more than 8050 damage. And punisher has just single bullet skills.

I think 8050 in one bullet or split in 14 bullets is same. Just the graphic effect changes.

its 269 *14  + 306*14

also 

269 +269 + 269 +269 + 269 +269+ 269 +269+ 269 +269+ 269 +269 + 306 +306 + 306 +306+ 306 +306+ 306 +306+ 306 +306+ 306 +306+ 306 +306

My mistake was that i did  (X *14 + Y)* 14  in one go  meaning i did  which it should have been  14x + 14y

Edited by Doper

This is just how Sentinel attacks are displayed.  It's how they've always been - lots of small damage numbers instead of a few big ones.