About Battlegrounds

althendar

So I don't mean to start a thing or if this has been covered in an older post forgive me but as a new player coming into the game BGs are not fun...at all you have 0 chance to win unless you're carried so my suggestion is this or wondering if its even possible but is there a way to change players stats when they go into BGs? What im getting at is would it be possible to make everyone have the same stats when they go into BGs that was us noobs have a bit of a chance and not wanna quit because we can never win. I don't mind losing but I have no idea what a win feels like lol.

But in low levels the big OP players can let you win. With my 29, for example, I always try to let noobs have a tower, so they can enjoy to collect drops. Win in Turnpike is more easy, you have just to destroy all 3 boxes AFTER the opposite faction, so take you time. In soccer you have to kill more enemies than them, and this can be hard, if the enemy don't want to die ehehehe.

• Like 1

@FilomenaI have yet to meet people of that mindset but yeah ive started doing the avoid people and go for boxes thing but I still think BGS would be more fun if everyone had the same stats that way u can actually work with your team and win and not just stand behind the OP person and get a free win or just get destroyed when you're on the other side.

I'm sure ill figure out eventually but I feel like BGs would be more fun and more populated if they found a way to balance everyone in BGs. I have some friends who don't even try because "What's the point of playing if im just doomed to fail." which I kinda understand but you cant get better at PvP by not playing and alot of people ive noticed are pretty turned off by all the OP players.

idk tho who knows maybe things will change but imma keep trying tho even if its like an ant fighting an elephant most of the time...

• Like 1

This game is  a hulk smash game. If you are the hulk, you smash everything. This game isn't helpful for new comers because many of the jerk players that created high level toons used them to create toons at lower levels in pvp zones. My suggestion about BG's is to enter get your quest done and wait it out and wait till you have another quest in there. Farm DG's for items. Jewels, BP, and narak drop in BC. Join a guild, but stay active. Far too often players join the game, get help, and then abandon the game and it pisses off the players who helped them because they could have saved their gold and used their time for their own purposes rather than helping players who just leave. Players who want to invest their time into the game play some and get used to your character, create multiple characters to figure out which you like most. Just don't enter the next zone thinking it is going to be better than the one you are just in, especially if you are under geared. You have players who speed through leveling into +50 without the gear. Sure you get free zeta weapon, knee guard, shoes, and gloves, but to come without suit, bangle, and helmet is really going to just keep you where you were when you started with BG's, getting your but smacked. But work on getting gear and enhancing them after having more than a year for players to make +12 kappa sets you have idiots who level into the 60+ arena with +8 gear, really it's that pathetic to think I am lvl 60+ I can spank some players, trust me, the only way you spank anybody is with the help of a guard or other players and you can end up being a liability of a 1 or 2 shot death. Not to mention if you enter level 60+ unprepared you aren't going to get anywhere as you don't even have the gear to farm for making better gear. So, just work through the game and stay active so that players can see you are wanting to stick around that may help you. But don't believe that players who worked to create the best toons are going to just let you have what you want.

I played with a girl who thought that I should just let her have her way to get certain items that I was going for and wanted, she threw a fit that I wasn't letting her and quit. Do I feel bad? Not how she whined about it and complained that she wasn't allowed to have it even though I've been working on my characters and they still need work to get them what they need. So, just because they are better than you, they might not be finished building their toon or improving their toon. We also improve our toons so that we can increase our ability to get what we want, not so that we maintain the same so others over power us, not by gear or even skill for that matter in many cases, but by luck and the character you have.

Characters on a level playing field will still have the advantage over other characters, just because that's the nature of their character. So, even trying to balance out things, you will still end up unbalanced.

• Like 2

@GoddessSand

Thanks for all the helpful info ^_^

and yeah im kinda understanding the whole hulk smash thing it doesn't help either that the second people start losing the team starts dropping like flies lol but its cool tho even though the odds arent in my favor and i got ALOT of work to do im motivated to get up there so i can start returning some of these spankings i got...I'm making a list :D

but again thanks bunches for the useful info ive been combing the forums for advice and stuff and this is going in my notes much appreciated 

1 hour ago, GoddessSand said:

I played with a girl who thought that I should just let her have her way to get certain items that I was going for and wanted, she threw a fit that I wasn't letting her and quit. Do I feel bad? Not how she whined about it and complained that she wasn't allowed to have it even though I've been working on my characters and they still need work to get them what they need.

Those are called basic betties and u should avoid those in the future xD

A good motivation to grow slow is the AP pet: it's mandatory if you want to play long in Scarlet Blade, take a pet and exp it. Max pet give you 8k HP, it's a lot, above all when you're low level. Then, there are pet datachips, they can make difference, till level 54 you can use just level 1 datachips.

Improve also your jewels, it's a really long job. Put a skillstone in every weapon 30+ you use. Remember to randomize all your gear 30+. Even the seal give a new stat, above all in accessories. After all, there are a lot of little things that make your arkana better, not just the enhance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Filomena said:

A good motivation to grow slow is the AP pet: it's mandatory if you want to play long in Scarlet Blade, take a pet and exp it. Max pet give you 8k HP, it's a lot, above all when you're low level. Then, there are pet datachips, they can make difference, till level 54 you can use just level 1 datachips.

Improve also your jewels, it's a really long job. Put a skillstone in every weapon 30+ you use. Remember to randomize all your gear 30+. Even the seal give a new stat, above all in accessories. After all, there are a lot of little things that make your arkana better, not just the enhance.

oh she might have forgottent o mention that she is lv 60 and has a lv 31 pet with datachips and +12 lower kappa gear and upp kappa gear +8 xD

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

About battlegrounds? After long break i still can see just 1 BG on 60+ and that is just understandable. Instead of focusing on costumes and crap like that, would you GM's release more BG's opportunities already? Just because of that 1 Janus game is boring AF.

regards 

•  

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, Shadow said:

About battlegrounds? After long break i still can see just 1 BG on 60+ and that is just understandable. Instead of focusing on costumes and crap like that, would you GM's release more BG's opportunities already? Just because of that 1 Janus game is boring AF.

Who ever said we were focusing on costumes and crap as you so rudely put it? Read what I put on the last patch notes, then you'll see what is being done.

Necroing old thread as well, so closed.

• Vivi locked this topic