Make PvP more accessible --> Increase player base and donations

Mayasein

Problem: In PvP, the power difference between ungeared players vs those with upgraded gear is insanely high (10x HP, enough armor to mitigate all damage, newbie dead in three hits or less.) This makes PvP completely inaccessible for casual players.

Why it matters: Donations. Casual players buy lingerie unsealers and fashion gear. But Casual PvP enthusiasts who can't play become demotivated and leave the game, lowering AP spending.

Suggested change: Decrease the power gap between geared and ungeared players. Find a way to do it. :)

Let's open this argument up for discussion.

Discussion topic: If we could make this change happen---forget how, just if we could make it happen---would it be worthwhile?

What exactly are you saying?

If I can pick up scarlet blade and be equal to the players here long before me then why would I spend any money?

Anyway they only thing that has been suggested toward that is to increase stats of base gears so they are usable to some extent. 

You don't need real money to get the things you need on here if you have time to farm

• 4 weeks later...

Have you played long? Do you know the number of new players I've helped? Some new player shows up, says somebody help me kill _____ boss. I show up and look at their gear and think well let me help you out with that. I make them +8 gear, I give them jewels, I give them lingerie unsealer(I have lots of them still not purchased with AP), and I give them lingerie. That should decrease that gap a bit between those who worked on their toon and those who just joined. Now, what happens to these players I have no idea. But decreasing that gear gap doesn't work. People want this instant, make them a star player.

Listen, I have been playing this game since 2012, 2 years ago in march when Aeria cut it and vendetta picked it up in April that year I didn't start playing again till July or August I think. I was behind all the players who joined. Yes, I got help, and by December/January they released the new cap and you are welcome to look at my rank, my level, and I can say that all my gear is maxed out with 2 sets on 1 toon minus a few new earrings that RG are the only ones getting. But I have 2 other toons that are close to maxing out 1 set for their cap. Guess what, you wouldn't have thought this, but not a single AP was purchased by me. There are players who buy and sell AP items and I buy them for a reasonable price. I became very good and using the AH to my advantage as if it was my personal stock market. It took me a while to get to where I am and no over night fly by is going to find enjoyment in a game that they don't have to invest time into it. So, those that just want to casually play, will find that they will get bored and casually leave. Just look at several of the players right now who casually play, for the first night in a long time I saw Daddy play, Helisa is rarely on as well as Rudeplayer.

But, this game isn't about to make it a play to win by saying we will boost you to max level, with the max gear, at the swipe of a credit card. Though I am sure now you should be able to by selling AP. But there's only so much a person would want to spend on a game monthly before they feel that they are wasting their dollar.

So, the problem I feel isn't about keeping new players interested by making them at par with the players who've been playing for forever. It's about them socializing with them more so that they build friendships, because friendships are what keeps players playing, well except in the case of Arisa(a player back in the days of Aeria) who I have no idea if they were friends with anybody. They kept playing and kept on trolling, some players tried to help them so that they could play at par with others, but nobody really could succeed with befriending them since they were so negative even toward those who were kind to them. But here we need to make friends and people need to stop tearing down others. I know a few players that need to learn how to talk to others for better cooperation or actually look at how they are playing more than what others are doing.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Tygress and Sand.

Those really powerfull people u meet in a battleground or a pvp zone , guess what? they didnt get that way overnight!

It took time, effort, and in most cases yes money $$$. The fact of the matter is they DESERVE to crush you, they WORKED FOR IT! If u want to compete , put in the effort !

And like Sand mentioned there are LOTS of experienced players out there who are very helpfull to new players, donating items, resources, giving out information, and using up thier gaming time to help u out.