Rotate costumes in and out of AP Shop?

Tombstone1881

I was thinking it might be nice to occasionally see something in there besides Sweet Candy Stripper and Commando Gear. Maybe every two or three months, you could make something else available in that "Special" tab?

You could even make it a theme. Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. So let's say from March 1 to May 31, it's the Sweet Candy Stripper. From June 1 to August 31 it might be one of the swimsuits. From September 1 to November 30, it might be the Gold-Star Commando. And then from December 1 to February 28 (or 29) it could be the Santa's Cheerful Helper. Come March 1, rinse and repeat.

There are so many costumes in the game, You ought to be able to put a few more in the AP store without ruining anyone's "Holy s***! I won the _______ costume from that boss raid! I am so lucky!" moment.

Throw some lingerie in there too, while you're at it. Doesn't have to be rare or amazing, just something...

• Like 1

Costumes are rotated weekly on the mystery boxes, those also include unique lingerie. Unique costumes, that have additional stats, are dropped in battlegrounds, Small Space ship and The Acheron dungeons. Gold-Star commando drops in Nuclear bunker (and most people give those away on a regular basis). Rare lingerie drops from world bosses.

There is enough variation that to have any costumes in the webshop is really unnecessary. You can post your suggestions for most any rare costume in the Mystery Box Suggestions thread.

32 minutes ago, DrDieLess said:

There is enough variation that to have any costumes in the webshop is really unnecessary. You can post your suggestions for most any rare costume in the Mystery Box Suggestions thread.

Pretty much every source you mentioned requires a blood sacrifice to the Gods of RNG:

NOTE: Please remember a box may contain one of the common items instead of the grand prize!

The AP shop is 'Pay for "x" and get exactly "x", not a 50/50 chance (or whatever the actual chances are for Mystery Boxes and/or Boss drops) for "x". So in my new-guy-around-here opinion, it's really kinda Apple v Orange.

• Like 1

Well, the other downside of what you're suggesting is that IF by some chance they decided to do it. It would probably be similar to the price of what the Commando costume is, which is 6k VGN. That's a ridiculous price. You can find costumes on AH for between 3.5-4.5k gold. Medic costumes are the most expensive and they can go for 5-6k. Usually, when people are offering it for a 1:1 gold/vgn ratio. So 99% of the time, it's always better to lurk on Auction House and you will find the costume you want for cheaper than wanting to put it in the webshop or praying to the RNG gods and hoping you get it from a mystery box.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DrDieLess said:

Well, the other downside of what you're suggesting is that IF by some chance they decided to do it. It would probably be similar to the price of what the Commando costume is, which is 6k VGN. That's a ridiculous price. You can find costumes on AH for between 3.5-4.5k gold. Medic costumes are the most expensive and they can go for 5-6k. Usually, when people are offering it for a 1:1 gold/vgn ratio. So 99% of the time, it's always better to lurk on Auction House and you will find the costume you want for cheaper than wanting to put it in the webshop or praying to the RNG gods and hoping you get it from a mystery box.

That does makes sense.

I was just thinking that it would be neat if:

A. There was something besides the same old things on there.

B. People could be like; "Hey, the Summer costumes are here! Let's get them before they're gone!"

C. Maybe have people buy something from the AP store besides stuff they just alchemically transmute into gold via the AH.

Are there any costumes and whatnot that you literally cannot get anymore because they changed the loot tables on a boss or whatever? Somebody might be willing to pay 6k VGN for those, if it were the only way to get them.

• VGN GM
4 hours ago, Tombstone1881 said:

Pretty much every source you mentioned requires a blood sacrifice to the Gods of RNG:

NOTE: Please remember a box may contain one of the common items instead of the grand prize!

The AP shop is 'Pay for "x" and get exactly "x", not a 50/50 chance (or whatever the actual chances are for Mystery Boxes and/or Boss drops) for "x". So in my new-guy-around-here opinion, it's really kinda Apple v Orange.

Hence why there is a couple costumes in the AP mall already.

If people assumed the costume would be in the shop eventually why buy the Mystery Boxes? Unfortunately that is the model we have of todays game industry.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bash said:

If people assumed the costume would be in the shop eventually why buy the Mystery Boxes? Unfortunately that is the model we have of todays game industry.

Well, obviously you wouldn't make them the same ones. I mean, Mystery Boxes don't drop the Sweet Candy Stripper costumes, do they? Why would you, when you can buy that one straight from the AP shop? Do you put prizes in Mystery Boxes that also drop from bosses? I wouldn't think so, because why spend money on those when one can just farm a boss for it?

So you have a lot of costumes in the game, right? Let's call them, for discussion's sake, Costume A, Costume B, etc. and on down the line. So you would have like so:

AP Shop = Costume A, B, C, & D (but not all at once, see first post).

Mystery Box = Costume E, F, G, H, I, J, & K (or however many you want, just like now)

Boss drops: Costume L, M, N, O, P, etc., etc.

And that isn't even including mounts, pets, weapon skins, et.al. I'm just spit-balling the idea of putting 3 other costumes into the AP store at different times of the year. If nothing else, just to break up the monotony.

It wouldn't take anything away from the Mystery Boxes, the raids, the world bosses, because... those reasons.

As an aside, isn't it all the same money, whether it gets spent in the AP store or on the Mystery Boxes? I mean, unless I am missing something, doesn't it all come from those Pixel Game Cards? Why would it matter how one spends their VGN points?

I'm sure the ROI in terms of the effort required to implement this probably just isn't there. I get that. It's just that the AP store is kind of like your refrigerator on the day before payday, y'know? You keep opening the door, expecting to find yummy food has magically appeared in there, but it's exactly the same stuff that was there the last time you looked and it isn't going to change until you go to the store, buy you irrationally keep doing it all the same.

Anyways, thanks for reading...

theres only sweet candy which we can get from drops so why buy it, and matrix which is in like every box since cb has like no costumes.

i wouldn't mind like 1-2 new ones in the ap shop since there's no point buying the ones in there now. wat about all the lingerie from asb too :/ there were really cool ones and we dont have any of them

• Thanks 1