Can altering BG's be done?

GoddessSand

So, somebody was onto something with AK and NB, but that post got closed. I am curious about altering the BG system for several of the BG's, mostly the AK and NB. But does this require source or can we do it? If we can alter the BG's system, we might have some play with ideas that we can do to change things up. Now, I am talking about AK and NB, but we can also play around with some of the other BG's too if possible.

So, AK and NB, can the parameters of those BG's be changed? Like make them so you have to preregister for them, then have it only accept the number of players that was minimally registered on one side. Then remove certain aspects in the match. Like the guards surrounding the AI in NB, the Squid thing(forgot what it's called since I've only seen it once or twice in the past year), and keep it to kill points and instead of winning because you killed the boss have the boss give points for killing it and the match ends at the end of 15 min and then put it in the rotation like the other BGs? Same with AK being required to preregister and get kicked if the numbers aren't even,  being put in a new rotation time of 4 times a day, but clear out guards, make point values for winning, towers give points, and Urka gives points and spawns after 10 min and match ends in 20 min, there are no flags and it is an all out battle for the win with points like the other BGs.

You see we aren't adding new BG's to the system, but altering the BG's that are already there. Can this be done?

To an extent it can but its very difficult without the source.
It depends what is being altered really, with AK and NB I don't think we can implement the register system since they use portals
we could lower the number of people who can get in which might help things a bit.
AK has always been a capture the flag based BG i don't see what removing the flags would achieve but if anything NB would be better suited for an all out battle but its up to the players really.

Vivi or Bash would be able to explain better to be honest since they know what they can and can't do

• VGN GM

So the way NB/AK work is that it's seen different then a battleground in the files. I could test having the game read it like any normal battleground, like janus, turnpike, etc, but I have no idea how well it'll work aside from the fact it'll have to remove certain aspects of the bg.

The file the controls AK/NB, for example, tells the flag to drop and to give the buff when placed. That's not a param in the file for Janus and the other normal bgs. So changing it to a registration (meaning putting it in Janus' files and hoping for the best) would remove that part of AK. If it were to happen, I could see about a different way to obtain wings, but the main concept of winning AK through flag planting may possibly be lost - kinda defeating the point of it to begin with.

I also misread the post at first and saw that you suggested possibly removing them to being with, but still going to leave that paragraph there in case anyone else asks.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind the possibility of changing them to registration, under the condition it doesn't destroy the main concept of AK/NB in the process should they remain a weekly/daily thing. As for making them an hourly rotation like Janus and such, it's an idea we can explore and see what happens. Though I wouldn't think any time soon as I still plan on ironing out bugs and balance again later.