change the BG already

Zaktsu

6 minutes ago, Filomena said:

Ishtar mech can use aoe skills and hit a person on the box also standing under it.

Those are the certain and few skills I was talking about that can. 

What I mean't is why shouldn't skills like Overkill or Demolition or Mighty Impact or Resurgent Sting shoot upwards?  

From a programming stand point, I worry it would require source code to change the range skill Area of effect into a sphere where he ground and walls will affect it..

• Like 1

I disagree, i think the boxes are fine, you can argue that a medic can stand on them to ignore some attacks but that also means they are giving up mobility to do so. Ive seen medics stand on them only to get cc’ed and be unable to reach their allies in time.

You can argue that punishers can siege up and be a little safer while attacking but that just makes it even easier to avoid  their damage altogether since you can just move outside their range and basically make them useless.

You can still easily get pulled by a whipper from the boxes and most cc’s like SW disables and stuns are aoe’s that still hit their targets even if they are on the boxes. 

I consider them to be an additional gameplay mechanic that can favor you AND  hinder you depending on how you use them.

13 hours ago, Norleras said:

The fact that we cannot freely shoot upwards without using certain skills makes the whole box thing a pain.  What good is a range skill if you can't freely shoot upwards?

actually, there is a way to attack upwards but you have to know how

But i agree, we need more space instead of some blocks blocking our way

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lan said:

but that also means they are giving up mobility to do so.

lol really? giving up mobility what a hilarious answer. 

if u stand at box it takes time to reach you and when we reach the medic the medic can jump down and run away.  

7 minutes ago, Lan said:

ou can still easily get pulled by a whipper from the boxes

so? 

7 minutes ago, Lan said:

most cc’s like SW disables and stuns are aoe’s that still hit their targets even if they are on the boxes. 

yes but whats sthe point of stunns if atacks are not even possible. 

8 minutes ago, Lan said:

I consider them to be an additional gameplay mechanic that can favor you AND  hinder you depending on how you use them

janus was not meant to be for higher levels because higher levels have range and more area for aoe. this is why BGs were bigger in size and  different as the level went up. 

• Like 2

- They give up mobility as in they cant follow their allies to heal them unless they drop down, the only reason you think this is hilarious is because your idea of pvping is running in a straight line to your enemy and/or pulling them directly to you. 

- so? It means that theres actually no difference between standing on it and not standing on it in regards to most cc’s, and aoe attacks are actually possible in case you havent tried them, please try to think before mindlessly answering whatever pops into your head

- the point of stuns if attacks arent possible is disabling the target long enough for their teammates to die so they become isolated and easier to kill which is what happens most of the time when medics do stand on them and their teammates get pulled by a whipper or cb

- And turnpike is a 20+ bg that is a lot bigger than second ark which is 50+ so your last argument is clearly flawed, the reason some battlegrounds are bigger is to accomodate a larger number of players to play in them simultaneously, which we only ever got to see during the beta. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lan said:

- They give up mobility as in they cant follow their allies to heal them unless they drop down, the only reason you think this is hilarious is because your idea of pvping is running in a straight line to your enemy and/or pulling them directly to you. 

do u even know the range? medic cleanse standing from there can reach almost everyone. and the heals can reach people that are fighting and for us to reach them we have to climb or go arround. and my way of playing is i try to tank out the stunns of the enemies at first thats y i am at the front line all the time. 

1 hour ago, Lan said:

so? It means that theres actually no difference between standing on it and not standing on it in regards to most cc’s, and aoe attacks are actually possible in case you havent tried them

whats your char? let me know when u log into janus and attack me when i stand on top of the tower since you said there is no difference when someone stands on it or not. its that very statement makes your talk mindless. whats your ign? let me know when you gonna log int he janus to proove me wrong. just because whippers can pull doest means everyone can. and CBs cant pull neither did whippers could before the new pull changes. 

1 hour ago, Lan said:

the point of stuns if attacks arent possible is disabling the target long enough for their teammates to die so they become isolated and easier to kill which is what happens most of the time when medics do stand on them and their teammates get pulled by a whipper or cb

not really. with all the 3 chars i play. medics is my main target. i dont attack medics just to CC them and hope my teamates has wiped others.

dont make a bullshit statement just because SW's aoe can stunn to those players. just like you want to say boxes are fine because whippers can pull them anyways.  

but since you want to stand your ground again i challange to CC me when i stand on the box. and see how miserably you fail. just prove me wrong else your words are bullshit 

1 hour ago, Lan said:

And turnpike is a 20+ bg that is a lot bigger than second ark which is 50+ so your last argument is clearly flawed, the reason some battlegrounds are bigger is to accomodate a larger number of players to play in them simultaneously, which we only ever got to see during the beta. 

this shows how ignorant you are. i never talked about turnpike. and in time i even asked to swap janus with turnpike because its bigger map and we have alot of movement there. 

whats your ign? i bet you are some ranged char that can take full advantage out of it because zakatsu has same issues i had in current janus about the boxes being unfair for a BG. 

however you are fully welcomed to prove me wrong Lan. i am not active much but i would loved to see how the fight goes on when i stand on the box and u stay down in the ground. since there is no difference weather one stands on it or doesnt stands on it

• Like 1

My IGN is Lannette dumbass, I’ve been playing since caergate patch back in aeria and I’ve PvP’ed against you countless times since then, I’ve seen how you play and I know what I’m talking about. I don’t need to prove you wrong because anyone with enough experience knows boxes don’t make pvp unfair and even add more complexity to it by making positioning more significant. Your argument is almost the same as saying that obstacles should be removed because they make you lose target and cant attack through them. When someone stands on the box you change your strategy to take that into consideration, if thats such a conundrum for you to work around it that you have to make a post about it then I genuinely feel sorry for you

I’ve played every single class in the game and i’ve never seen the boxes as an issue.

But clearly you cant hear anyones opinion but your own without getting triggered, which makes having any kind of conversation with you pointless. 

• Like 2

• Vivi locked this topic