TimeLapse

How relevant is VGN Points & what is it generally used for?

Hey there. I just found out about this Vendetta server and I was under the impression that it was sort-of like a no subscription & no shop sort of game. Then I found out about VPN being used as a sort of shop currency  - how do you get this? How relevant is it to giving you a competitive edge in the game? I know it must be much further from the concept Aeria had of the game for sure because if Vendetta was P2W nobody would have played it and supported it, but yet it must be a factor of influence in the game. I am still downloading the game so I was wondering about asking the community about their experience with it and their opinion of it before I install the game and dive all the way in again in the EE experience. How much does it enhance or influence your playing experience and strength within the game? Many thanks.

Edited by DrDieLess

It's VGN* Points, which can also be converted to Alpaca Points for EE. There is no comparison. Aeria wanted to squeeze every penny they could out of people for all their games. Making gear and other stuff available through their Aeria Points (real $$$). VGN does the exact opposite, there is very little P2W here. The In-Game shop has a few small things, but you won't be able to gear up like you could with Aeria

• Like 1

Like @DrDieLess mentioned you don't have to pay with real money to get good on this server of Eden Eternal, it's nowhere near comparable with Aeria on that front. I know a lot of people that plays the game and doesn't spend cash on it but still gets geared by doing dungeons in-game and selling the monster drops to get gold as profit (Shaxian Fae Fields in Shaxia Basin being the number one option to earn fast and easy gold in-game).

However sometimes exclusive costumes, mounts and pets are released in mystery boxes on our website that requires VGN (real money) to be purchased, unless you have a lot of gold to buy it in-game from sellers.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The way I see is everythings obtainable if you work for it. If your lazy and don't want to grind then the usual option is to buy VGN and purchase boxes or AP and then sell your items or use your items. If you are fine with working hard then you can run your daily dungeons and grind multiple characters to keep racking in gold to purchase any items you need from other players who have purchased VGN. We made it a point to remove as many pay to win elements from the game to make it more accessable that Aeria's version of the game. Theres also the case to be made about maxing out your stats, on Aeria's server you kinda just make do with say 3/5 good stats on you armor for 1 or 2 different classes. Here you can go for 5/5 good stats on your armor and weapons and do it for many more different classes allowing you to take full advantage of the class changing system.

The way the game makes money is mainly from cosmetics because this game is an Anime MMORPG and the majority of players care more for what their characters look like that they would in other MMORPG. It's very common for people to have 100's of different costume pieces with some people being more extreme to the point of having pretty much 1 of every costume piece.

• Like 3

Hey there, just found out about this server too, then saw this thread. Glad to know it's better than aeria in the p2w aspect.

How are the costume/cosmetic prices by the way? Are they cash only? Or obtainable using ingame money? It's been a long time since I played aeria's, but iirc a single costume costs about something like $15-$30 back there a piece, could be wrong though, but I remember them being really expensive, which was somewhat disappointing. Was hoping they are more accessible here. I'm a sucker for costumes.

I mean costumes here are still obtainable in game but they're mainly our selling point so i wouldn't expect them to be cheap. If you compare us to Aeria then I think costume prices will be similar but I mean we have more of them and we do have cheap costumes too. Just depends on what costume you want really.

Just want to add, if you're farming a lot, you won't have any problem to buy the costume you want (can easily make 70k g / each week with Fae and more if you're doing the other dgn + using alt)

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 3:20 PM, frosty said:

Hey there, just found out about this server too, then saw this thread. Glad to know it's better than aeria in the p2w aspect.

How are the costume/cosmetic prices by the way? Are they cash only? Or obtainable using ingame money? It's been a long time since I played aeria's, but iirc a single costume costs about something like $15-$30 back there a piece, could be wrong though, but I remember them being really expensive, which was somewhat disappointing. Was hoping they are more accessible here. I'm a sucker for costumes.

The last time I heard about Aeria's tiers the costumes were past 100$ tier for just one of their costumes (could be wrong, been a few years). lol There's no tiers here, we do however have mystery boxes, though you don't need to purchase VGN (via IRL money) to get costumes. I've been Free2Play since the day I joined this server and farmed all my gold in Shaxian Fae Fields (yes, even as a under geared noob I did mobs until I was good enough for bosses, which averages 42k gold at the LOWEST per week of daily 10 runs of Fae only). So if you can handle the grinding, then everything's easily obtained without buying money and costumes are usually in good circulation, with relatively reasonable prices (anywhere from 3-30k and exclusive ones obviously cost more because they are rare, I.E. Ghost Horns).

Good luck ~ 

Edited by Nanami
  • Like 2