Do you do the arts? :)

Aiko

I find it therapeutic sometimes. I also find it frustrating as well.
Do you draw?
If so, what do you like to draw? 
Got some art you wanna post & brag about?
How about your favorite artist? 
What kind of mediums do you prefer? Traditional? CG?

Anything, really.

EDIT cause new wip:
I usually do small little scribbles, I really like landscapes.
b1b9d2a9ba753f7bc3d0a4da4b71fc38.png

[medium] digital
[tools] wacom intuos 3 medium + laptop
[program] paint tool sai
[guild] owo

Do I draw? I do. I'm currently in college (BA in Animation). I'll be starting my thesis next year, and hopefully graduating in a year and a half. :--) I'm generally focusing on 2D Anim while I'm studying but plan on self-improving in 3D after graduating. I don't really want to post actual artworks but you can see some of my doodles/sketches here. I've been busy with one of my classes lately that I don't have much time to draw for myself.

My medium is digital with some very small traditional on the side. I use a Cintiq 13HD + Clip Studio Paint (mainly because a cracked SAI doesn't work well with the Cintiq).

AHH EMM GEE! THE FIRST CHIBI IS ME Q.Q

I do draw. I was in Fine arts major in painting, shifted on Advertising arts after some time. Currently working. I  mostly draw portraits, Abstract if I'm in awe and stuck in for some ideas.

Here is my DA, but it's not updated. Been some years already since I last posted,  most of my works aren't posted. (I'm not a cool guy so...and I don't have time to open my phone and take a shot on my works and post it on instagram or other social networks just for "wow" and "awesome" comments from people q.q) http://hamhamscribbles.deviantart.com/

The mediums I really like to use are pencil and watercolors, mixed media of watercolors and pens are kinda cool too if you get the hang of it.

PS: I'm bored in twin saga so I was clicking things in forums owo

14 hours ago, Aiko said:

I find it therapeutic sometimes. I also find it frustrating as well.
Do you draw?

Anything, really.

I usually do small little scribbles.
I haven't been doing so lately but I've recently did a few small things for my guildmates @ twin saga as well as just for myself:c948e9e09a640d29e7a1dcefbaac00a1.png
link wip because it's big: https://i.gyazo.com/664b07973e856cee6d19845290f58b81.png

[medium] digital
[tools] wacom intuos 3 medium + laptop
[program] paint tool sai
[guild] owo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saudade said:

Do I draw? I do. I'm currently in college (BA in Animation). I'll be starting my thesis next year, and hopefully graduating in a year and a half. :--) I'm generally focusing on 2D Anim while I'm studying but plan on self-improving in 3D after graduating. I don't really want to post actual artworks but you can see some of my doodles/sketches here. I've been busy with one of my classes lately that I don't have much time to draw for myself.

My medium is digital with some very small traditional on the side. I use a Cintiq 13HD + Clip Studio Paint (mainly because a cracked SAI doesn't work well with the Cintiq).

Sounds awesome. I've always wanted to go into art in school but I got dem stereotypical asian parents so.. Haha. Rip me.
It's very understandable about not posting actual works. I've had art theft happen to me before and so I pulled out all of my official works and only post things I don't really care for. Like the stuff in OP.

Also, I did not know that. O:
That's interesting. Was it downloaded from tpb or off dA?
As far as I know, dA has some un-cracked clean versions if you look hard enough.

4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

AHH EMM GEE! THE FIRST CHIBI IS ME Q.Q

I do draw. I was in Fine arts major in painting, shifted on Advertising arts after some time. Currently working. I  mostly draw portraits, Abstract if I'm in awe and stuck in for some ideas.

Here is my DA, but it's not updated. Been some years already since I last posted,  most of my works aren't posted. (I'm not a cool guy so...and I don't have time to open my phone and take a shot on my works and post it on instagram or other social networks just for "wow" and "awesome" comments from people q.q) http://hamhamscribbles.deviantart.com/

The mediums I really like to use are pencil and watercolors, mixed media of watercolors and pens are kinda cool too if you get the hang of it.

PS: I'm bored in twin saga so I was clicking things in forums owo

Yaaaaaaas.
I ended up drawing a bunch of them.
One day, I'll actually do something better.
I wanted to use it for the guild recruitment page, haha but I'm slow on graphics.

Your art is so great though.
I can't do traditional worth shit. :(
When I do try to do those sorts of things, I usually stick to pens or markers only.

3 hours ago, Aiko said:

Sounds awesome. I've always wanted to go into art in school but I got dem stereotypical asian parents so.. Haha. Rip me.
It's very understandable about not posting actual works. I've had art theft happen to me before and so I pulled out all of my official works and only post things I don't really care for. Like the stuff in OP.

Also, I did not know that. O:
That's interesting. Was it downloaded from tpb or off dA?
As far as I know, dA has some un-cracked clean versions if you look hard enough.

Haha I'm Asian too, luckily my parents are very supportive.

The cracked Sai I had was from Tumblr. I've read a lot of journal entries in dA about Sai not properly working with Cintiq unless you buy an actual license for it and keep it up-to-date. I do plan on buying the license soon though.

16 hours ago, Aiko said:

Yaaaaaaas.
I ended up drawing a bunch of them.
One day, I'll actually do something better.
I wanted to use it for the guild recruitment page, haha but I'm slow on graphics.

Your art is so great though.
I can't do traditional worth shit. :(
When I do try to do those sorts of things, I usually stick to pens or markers only.

If you can do digital art , then you will be okay doing traditional art. q.q Just like digital art, you need to practice. And btw, I'm not that good on digital art, but not that bad either, it's just some people excel on other style than the others. QQing all day.

14 hours ago, Saudade said:

Haha I'm Asian too, luckily my parents are very supportive.

The cracked Sai I had was from Tumblr. I've read a lot of journal entries in dA about Sai not properly working with Cintiq unless you buy an actual license for it and keep it up-to-date. I do plan on buying the license soon though.

Ahh.. Mine aren't.
Or at least.. weren't.
They're trying to be supportive now that it's too late to change what I want to be. lmao.
They had just asked last year what did I want to be if I didn't want to be a doctor.
I told them the truth.
That I didn't want to be a doctor whatsoever and that I only became one because they've been pressuring me into being one since I was 8 years old.
I originally wanted to be an architect.

Ahh, I see. At least SAI is cheap in comparison to other programs.
I gotta keep this in mind now whenever I attempt to buy a Cintiq. ; u ;
They're so pretty.

1 hour ago, Sphinx said:

If you can do digital art , then you will be okay doing traditional art. q.q Just like digital art, you need to practice. And btw, I'm not that good on digital art, but not that bad either, it's just some people excel on other style than the others. QQing all day.

lmaoooo, I just can't. I really just can't.
I've tried to do traditional and then I find myself going, "LF> Ctrl+Z".
My hand does this little motion habit like I'm about to press it. 
w/ traditional art, I find myself wonderful with line art like it would be w/ digital but I can't do much more than that.
I can see what I want to do but I can't pull it off.

1 hour ago, Aiko said:

Ahh.. Mine aren't.
Or at least.. weren't.
They're trying to be supportive now that it's too late to change what I want to be. lmao.
They had just asked last year what did I want to be if I didn't want to be a doctor.
I told them the truth.
That I didn't want to be a doctor whatsoever and that I only became one because they've been pressuring me into being one since I was 8 years old.
I originally wanted to be an architect.

Ahh, I see. At least SAI is cheap in comparison to other programs.
I gotta keep this in mind now whenever I attempt to buy a Cintiq. ; u ;
They're so pretty.

Well they originally wanted me to take Accounting or Vet Med. I was supposed to take Vet Med in the end but my Mom didn't like the university so she just opted to my 3rd choice which was Game Design & Dev. A year into GDD, I shifted to Animation. :--)

Mmmm. I would personally recommend the new Wacom MobileStudio Pro tho over the Cintiq if you go out quite a lot or if you travel since MSP is a standalone which means you don't need to connect it to a PC/Laptop unlike the Cintiq but this is just my own personal preference since I like to bring my Laptop + Cintiq with me all the time and they're heavy af. LOL

Just now, Saudade said:

Well they originally wanted me to take Accounting or Vet Med. I was supposed to take Vet Med in the end but my Mom didn't like the university so she just opted to my 3rd choice which was Game Design & Dev. A year into GDD, I shifted to Animation. :--)

Mmmm. I would personally recommend the new Wacom MobileStudio Pro tho over the Cintiq if you go out quite a lot or if you travel since MSP is a standalone which means you don't need to connect it to a PC/Laptop unlike the Cintiq but this is just my own personal preference since I like to bring my Laptop + Cintiq with me all the time and they're heavy af. LOL

What's Animation like? 
I've tried on my own as a bit of experimenting and it was just so... tedious. Haha.
But I wanted to do my own little skit.
Haaah~ rip me.

It's so pretty. ; o ;
Though I probably would carry my laptop w/ me regardless. Haha.
....oh man, rip my wallet if I ever want either one though. 

5 hours ago, Aiko said:

What's Animation like? 
I've tried on my own as a bit of experimenting and it was just so... tedious. Haha.
But I wanted to do my own little skit.
Haaah~ rip me.

It's so pretty. ; o ;
Though I probably would carry my laptop w/ me regardless. Haha.
....oh man, rip my wallet if I ever want either one though. 

Well it is very, very tedious. For example, I have one class that requires us to draw 100 different poses per week which totals to around 700 when we reach midterms plus a separate 1000 as midterm project.

In another class, we make small traditional animations for the animation principles where in it's required to have at least 30 frames each, around 50/100 for midterms and finals, then we're supposed to take a picture of each drawing and arrange it on the PC, so most animation students carry a lot of animation paper during 1st/2nd yr.

Very tedious, but it's fun, imo, if you really enjoy drawing since you'll be suffering with like-minded people and the improvement results are quite visible after every term.

20 hours ago, Saudade said:

Well it is very, very tedious. For example, I have one class that requires us to draw 100 different poses per week which totals to around 700 when we reach midterms plus a separate 1000 as midterm project.

In another class, we make small traditional animations for the animation principles where in it's required to have at least 30 frames each, around 50/100 for midterms and finals, then we're supposed to take a picture of each drawing and arrange it on the PC, so most animation students carry a lot of animation paper during 1st/2nd yr.

Very tedious, but it's fun, imo, if you really enjoy drawing since you'll be suffering with like-minded people and the improvement results are quite visible after every term.

w-what.
Your poor hands. DO THEY HURT?
Did you build up extreme calluses on your fingers from all the drawing?
1700 in just one quarter.
That's absolutely amazing.
The 1000 midterm project, is it free for all or on a specific project.
I can't even wrap my head around even doing 100 in the first place.

I'm jealous but not jealous.

Do you draw?  

I actually used to sketch and doodle a lot during classes in middle/high school, and honestly art was probably one of my more liked classes during then. I do wish I took more art-based classes in high school, like pottery or painting.

I like to draw anything that I'm like inspired to draw at the time. I kinda have artist's block though because I have a hard time deciding what I want to draw lol. I really need to sit down and draw a bit, maybe take a picture and then go from there.

Nope, I'm self-conscience about my drawing skills compared to everyone in this thread q.q

I honestly like paintings done by Van Gogh, especially The Starry Night. And stuff like pottery and sculpture and other types of medium done by artists back in the day. And then there's my friends who are artists and I aspire to be as good at drawing as them but it's probably just a dream. ;w;

I honestly like painting and using other things such as color/oil pastels (I LOVE PASTELS SO MUCH), and even digital art like tablet drawing. I would much prefer doing other artsy stuff such as Photoshopping, signature making, and even making wallpapers. It just feels more natural to me.

1 hour ago, Aiko said:

w-what.
Your poor hands. DO THEY HURT?
Did you build up extreme calluses on your fingers from all the drawing?
1700 in just one quarter.
That's absolutely amazing.
The 1000 midterm project, is it free for all or on a specific project.
I can't even wrap my head around even doing 100 in the first place.

I'm jealous but not jealous.

Haha it starts to hurt at around 500 if you're doing the 1000 in a few days (work for it's supposed to be spread on the 7 weeks before midterms but most of us cram the 1000 like a week before it LOL) but you'll eventually get used to it. You can draw any kind of pose as long as it's a human and it's a full-body. I personally used dance videos as reference for mine. Pausing the video every time they move LOL

5 hours ago, Saudade said:

Haha it starts to hurt at around 500 if you're doing the 1000 in a few days (work for it's supposed to be spread on the 7 weeks before midterms but most of us cram the 1000 like a week before it LOL) but you'll eventually get used to it. You can draw any kind of pose as long as it's a human and it's a full-body. I personally used dance videos as reference for mine. Pausing the video every time they move LOL

Because there's an insane (imo) amount of poses, do you ever think you've accidentally done multiples? Do they/Would they catch the multiples of the same pose?
Oh man. Dance videos. That's a great tip tbh.
Rip people who crammed.
if I'm getting annoying, just tell me to stfu. ok? ok.

3 hours ago, Aiko said:

Because there's an insane (imo) amount of poses, do you ever think you've accidentally done multiples? Do they/Would they catch the multiples of the same pose?
Oh man. Dance videos. That's a great tip tbh.
Rip people who crammed.
if I'm getting annoying, just tell me to stfu. ok? ok.

There are times where when I'm drawing the pose I just go "wait didn't I draw this already" and I go check the previous pages and see a pose similar to it so I just change the new one a bit. It counts as a new pose even if it's just the arm that moved or if it's drawn in a different angle.

LOL nono it's fine. :--D

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...