Sign in to follow this  
LoneRanger

Party Dynamics?

I wonder if someone could help a noobie out and tell me about how party experience share works in the different distribution types. I assume there's a difference in the dynamics of the Random vs. the Taunt type. Are there any issues or rules to be aware of, like how do level differences affect exp gain? 

1 hour ago, LoneRanger said:

I wonder if someone could help a noobie out and tell me about how party experience share works in the different distribution types. I assume there's a difference in the dynamics of the Random vs. the Taunt type. Are there any issues or rules to be aware of, like how do level differences affect exp gain? 

Random = Party Loot + CP/EXP split evenly. The difference that exp is affected starts at a 9 level difference. 

Monster-Taunt Exclusive = First person to hit gets all the loot + cp/exp.

• Like 1

To be added is that the monster taunt bug that used to work, where the party leader receives all the EXP when someone else leaves a taunt party when killing monsters, is now removed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/20/2018 at 7:18 AM, Goddess said:

To be added is that the monster taunt bug that used to work, where the party leader receives all the EXP when someone else leaves a taunt party when killing monsters, is now removed.

I had seen something about this bug and I didn't understand it. Maybe that's because I hadn't experienced it myself.

I have some friends and family starting to play so I thought it would be good to try and help them get some fast levels. And I had thought about buying some runs for myself to top off some exp and cp. I'm just not that experienced with it and I don't know what to expect in terms of value for the money.

A low level player has to hit first in taunt mode, so a Cleric's tornado would be a good option for that. But if the level range is closer, the other player can just AFK in a safe spot on the map while the party leader grinds out the experience?

It may not be related, but I'm curious about the Blockade Jewels. Do they have any other effect in a party than blocking a players exp gain? Why would someone want to block their exp? There's a benefit to that or they would be a lot cheaper, lol.

Yes, you have to actually hit first to get the EXP in taunt mode, not sit and afk in a safe spot like you could before while someone else did the work.

Blockade Jewels is an option for someone who wants to camp their character at a certain level. I believe the most popular levels are 69 or 79 for doing PvP in arena or to re-live the nostalgia of the old level 60 or 70 cap. So I don't recommend using them if you plan to go for level 100 or further even though they're cheaper than other jewels. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For low levels, just make the low level player follow you and keep agroing the enemies by playing songs and throwing defensive aoe buffs as mimic, the constant support will prevent the low level player from dying, atleast until around lvl 60. After gathering all the enemies, sleep them, make the power leveled player throw a dot aoe (like the fire aoe of the mage) lighting wave with the mimic and finish them off. Dots never wake up sleeping enemies, and waking them up with a lighting wave prevents the agroed enemies from targeting the lower level player as well as increasing their damage taken +50% to finish the job faster.

This way of powerleveling is faster compared to others because both players keep moving forwards instead of making the low level player wait or pulling the monsters. This is completely useless after baseland border (you can level them up to 66 in this dungeon) because there's no way of making a player of that level tank the hits of petra monsters, even with the support of an awk healing class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1