4 or however many sign up vs zero battlegrounds

Cro666

We have all felt the pain of ready to go to the hourly bgs only to find its been cancealed due to lack of interest from one side or the other.

Instead of punishing the ones that signed up how bout we punish the ones who didnt buy allowing the ones that did sign up continue on with the bg for the purpose of looting the boxes bosses crates chests whatever and a chance to show the other side what they missed out on by not signing up. 

example for the lost 

2 rg sign up for soccer pitch and no fk sign up 

the 2 rg enter soccer pitch 2 on zero 

and have free reign to loot all balls or just do rank points or sit there and just be like dam a bg that wasnt cancealed due to lack of interest and now i can get my rp or maybe roll for  a uni costume 

and a chance to stir up some pvp 

people think n naa nobody is going to sign up and bam 4 vs 4 and 2 quit 2vs2 and its called bg pvp :)

Even though I'm not a big fan of PVP, I enjoy playing bg. However, at the moment when I want to participate in one the situation is as follows:

1) check continuously when the registration is opened.

2) register at the BG as fast as possible (if you are among the first to register you have more chances to participate)

3) hope that someone from the opposing faction registers in turn

4) (if the previous points have been satisfied) pray that the opponents have entered the bg and do not abandon

If it is possible to realize it as a thing, it is worth trying for me

• Like 1

I am curious tho on one thing. What if for example 5 FKs and 5 RGs register. If from those 5 RGs only the 1 will go in we need to make sure that the rest 4 FKs will not go in as well but if non of the 5 RGs go in then the 5 FKs can stay inside for it. I think this will be the most hard part to test it and make sure it will work like that and not the 5 FKs stay inside while only the 1 RGs went for the bg.

5FK vs 1RG... Why not? It's all on each participant's discretion what to do in such situation. I believe there's no point in forcing balance thru number of participants. One-to-one ratio of participants doesn't necessarily mean an even match.

Shame on the 5 FK's if they all pick on and bully preventing the lone RG to loot or even land a single kill. On  contrast, huge shame on the 5 FK's if the lone RG is bullying them all.

I like the suggestion too, but I agree with NoRunNoGun, the battles 1 vs 5 must be avoided. In old server we all remember the battlegrounds 9 vs 4 or even worse, and people asked a way to balance them with same number of partecipants.

I think a really bad stuff, that requires to be changed or removed, is this one:

Il9DAeT.jpg

This window is totally useless: a player signed for a battleground should be forced to enter. On me, it happened a lot to forget to enter and to stay out from battleground, and I think it happens to many people in "half-afk mode".

There is a way to remove this window and make sure everyone signed, will go in battleground for sure?

• Like 1

Yes New system I see is or may b old ….If u register and cancel other side gets Free rewards ezpz...

Like that case if alts made it reg 1 no Rg or FK register log on register ur alt...bam don't accept while ur main in BG ….Free rewards

Just Give a criteria of staying atleast 10 secs in BG to get rewards

2 hours ago, Filomena said:

I like the suggestion too, but I agree with NoRunNoGun, the battles 1 vs 5 must be avoided. In old server we all remember the battlegrounds 9 vs 4 or even worse, and people asked a way to balance them with same number of partecipants.

I think a really bad stuff, that requires to be changed or removed, is this one:

Il9DAeT.jpg

This window is totally useless: a player signed for a battleground should be forced to enter. On me, it happened a lot to forget to enter and to stay out from battleground, and I think it happens to many people in "half-afk mode".

There is a way to remove this window and make sure everyone signed, will go in battleground for sure?

I vote that

The whole BG balance thing was put in during the L40s cap back in Aeria. Not too sure if it can be changed, without source, @Vivi to confirm.

I wish we could change the game to where if you reg for a BG, it forces you to go into BG, regardless of where you are. None of this "confirming to join" nonsense. Don't know if it's people trolling, or AFK, or mis-clicking and accidentally cancelling their invite.

wow holy cow people like my idea and i have another the way how bgs are canceled due to failure to sign up or afk or sitt n on the shitter when the window to enter bgs pops up is beside the point 

i think people wounldnt care if its 12 vs 2 both sides want to loot the items in bgs and after a long spell of 9 out of 10 failures i think people would be more mature and just be there for the chance at a great item like we do in my beloved 39 vile it may be 4 on 4 but 9 times out of 10 we show respect to one another and if u wanna battle its always 1vs1 showdown 

and yes i have been bitched at before for choosing pvp instead of looting crates so even a hard headed fool like me can learn to get along 

so if u want bgs and a chance for loot be polite and friendly cause even that will get u pvp in bgs 

Thx all 

Cro

On 11/16/2018 at 4:17 AM, NoRunNoGun said:

I am curious tho on one thing. What if for example 5 FKs and 5 RGs register. If from those 5 RGs only the 1 will go in we need to make sure that the rest 4 FKs will not go in as well but if non of the 5 RGs go in then the 5 FKs can stay inside for it. I think this will be the most hard part to test it and make sure it will work like that and not the 5 FKs stay inside while only the 1 RGs went for the bg.

with the current system work, i see that if only 1 RG go in , then the 4 FKs will be kicked out of BG when the battle start ( after 30 secs cheking time/ready time in base ). i was in that situation, when i went to BG , it 2v2 but only 1 RG go in, and i was be kicked out while i was in BG already

54 minutes ago, bdhaha1 said:

with the current system work, i see that if only 1 RG go in , then the 4 FKs will be kicked out of BG when the battle start ( after 30 secs cheking time/ready time in base ). i was in that situation, when i went to BG , it 2v2 but only 1 RG go in, and i was be kicked out while i was in BG already

I know how current system works but I'm saying that in case we add that system to let all participants stay in bg and not get kicked atleast they should stay only if one side is registered but didn't go at all but if atleast one guy went, then the same number of players will join from other side too. 

No, I don't like this idea. The reason is that if 3FK register and 1RG register, then the battle wouldn't recognize the kick system and kick the 2FK out. Having less people vs a zerg matrix kill force will lead to this scenario as follows. Being in a BG when 1 person DCs and the other quits, that one person still there gets the crap beat out of them till the end of the battle unable to loot and unable to do anything. You can thank players who don't give a crap about kindness and letting that one person get something. With the upcoming fix of removal of the point system or at least the minus point system that should encourage players to complete their pve tasks quickly rather than the BS wait for the other side to kill the chest first and afk after or at least add another pve task(s) where both sides have to battle for it to keep from losing the match and prevent afk players. I just hope they make the pve tasks easier to complete for those who are solo and not as capable of quickly tearing down those tasks in seconds while others take minutes being fully geared. In the current state for TP and Siren not making the guards so OP as I watched a Solo WH struggle to kill the guards but still not have the DPS to take the chest quick enough was painful to watch.

I would like to see greater numbers of people entering BG's too. Though lower numbers means I get more loot, but I don't like the AFK to win scenario as I would be more obliged to let the other side loot first then pvp after if it is forced rather than kill them before they complete some tasks to win the bg and afk after. It's the whole AFK play that I think pisses a lot of people off as well as being out numbered. While some also get annoyed by having under geared and/or very low level player on their side. I like winning or losing on a fair match, not this uneven teams BS where one or more players who are heartless toward anybody in opposition prevent them from completing several tasks.

For players who are going to get pissed at me, I won't stand for the let the other side take the chest first afk scenario. Players known to do that I will prevent them from taking their chest. How? Oh there are more ways than 1 to skin a cat.

You want to improve pvp in BG's so they happen make an alt like I did. Level said alt up like I am, gear said alt like I am, and enter said alt in bgs like I am. The only thing it takes to do this is time and that is only time going from lvl 40+ to 65 right now. If people want to say I am a rich man if I can gear 2 toons. I've fully geared 4 toons (one missing +12 helmet and suit because of a lack of SG for these NT items) as well as help gear many new players and players who are at cap. How do I do it? There are two ways I see this being done, time is the biggest key factor as you have to put hours in on that character to get it certain things while your main toon is at cap not needing improvements, you work on the alt. For me I found that I was able to use one toon to help the other and vice versa. But the two ways are run as many dungeon runs as you possibly can for gold and buy AP items from players who sell them, the second buy your own AP items with your own money. If my RG toon can lay the smack down on a FK player, they need to improve their FK toon as my RG toon isn't as geared as my FK toon. I believe having done that has helped to also improve several players on the FK side by learning what they are not doing that they should.

Do we need to do this type of scenario? Nope, we don't need to have a BG for the sake of loot. Just add the loot to DGs like how one can run TA or siren/2nd ark/SP and get uni costumes and weapon skins then the lack of BGs for missed loot isn't really missed it's just the pvp breaking up the mind numbing pve aspect. But they could increase the drop rate for the BGs over the DG so entering will increase the chance of a specialty item over just running DGs. Mind you not to make the DG specialty item drop rate too low.

• VGN GM

As others have mentioned, it would bring about the problem of a 12v2. Though I could remove the cap to not recognize the need for anyone at all, then it might not know to still even out the teams, making it just a cluster fuck of people zerging the other.