Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Normal Class TW Beta Feedback

Introduction

Hey everyone, as stated in the Patch v42 notes we have re-released our custom Normal Class TW mode that many people have been asking for with many significant quality of changes. I will first explain all the changes made and my reasoning behind the changes, so please bare with me... this will be a long one!

Guild Rewards are disabled

What does this mean exactly? Well the territory will not be awarded to anyone upon completion of the match. This is only during the beta of Normal Class TW so don't panic, only if people are in favour of this will I keep it this way (Likely it will not be the case). My reason behind this change was simply the fact that I haven't found a reward yet that both players will enjoy and fight for while also won't break the servers economy or make people able to cap TW's super fast. I would appreciate feedback and prize suggestions on this matter.

Level 80 Category

Why Level 80?

This being a big change that all the changes tie together into one big change so it will be address in this matter. To start off why level 80? This was when I feel was the prime for balancing in this game, the reason PlayEden survived as long as it did was because the PvP was just right. Being honest with you there is no way possible for me to balance Normal Classes around the level 85 content and above and unless I change these classes into Mini Awaken Classes there is no possible way to achieve a result of playable and enjoyable balance and what's the point in playing Normal Class TW if it feels like an Awaken Class TW. Another possible way to balance would be custom gear that's forced on the player (Like an Arena Set). However, why reinvent the wheel if the wheel already exists. So, that's why level 80 was my target.

Player Stats and Level Advantage (Fear?)?

To target level 80 I had to first downgrade the player to level 80, this is because 300k+ M-ATK and 150k+ M-ATK Illusionist is two different beasts compared to 150k+ M-ATK Mage and 300k+ M-ATK Mage. This is the problem with balancing these classes in the first place, some classes just completely outclass others when it comes to scaling. So all stats will be computed in the system as if you are level 80 including the players level difference damage (If a player is level 100 and hits a level 80, they will not do any bonus damage). This goes the same with fear, because I cannot cap skill levels or pull any funky business with skill levels I decided just to make any fear skill over level 79 can affect anyone (limited to normal class only).

Gear Caps?

This ties into the above 2 sections but is pretty self-explanatory if you read the above to sections. We cannot restore a players stats to this level of play without restricting the gear. I know this is a bummer and I apologies for the trouble but if you look at it from my point of view, this is the only effective way to deliver on Normal Class TW without opening another version of Eden Eternal that is restricted at PlayEden's level of content and building up from there with Awaken Classes and Mimic Disabled. As I mentioned earlier I could have made custom gear and forced you to use it in Normal Class TW's but it would have left us in the same boat of needing different gear.

Armor Level 78?

As a small sub-topic of the above mentioned I decided this was the best as Level 70 Awaken Armor, 75 Gold Armor and 78 Orange Armor is all viable choices the player can make. I always strive to make multiple options available for players to build so this was a design choice by me.

Misc

The mention of buff given by default means that in this new 2.0 version as you call it gives you the new Territory War buff by default instead of how it was before where the new buff was in an invisible aura in the base being granted every couple of seconds. The benefit to this is that it allows the player not to keep having their health set low when trying to recover in base and is much better for the server performance in this map. This change will almost be unnoticeable to the player but for transparency I'm letting you know that we're working on bringing the best possible experience.

Granted unable to swap class state (Awaken Version), this is to avoid that horrible debuff from before that caused the player to be stunned upon changing to an Awaken Class. This is again much better for server performance and now just doesn't even allow the player to swap to Awaken Classes to begin with.

Future

If all goes well I will be able to develop maybe higher level dungeons that reward the player with gear designed for Normal Class TW and expand on the gear available. I will buff weaker classes to try and make them more viable.

TL;DR

Best way in my eyes to balance Normal Classes it put them in an Environment they're designed in mind for. Level 80 was the choice I went with, stats and gear capped accordingly. Lots of server optimizations came with these changes. It's only a beta.

Remember guys this is a beta only and requires your feedback if you want it to improve. Feedback requires adequate participation and understanding that I'm doing as best I can to make things possible. Nobody is forcing you to play this but people have been requesting it and complaining since it was gone, so if you want it back and to stay then you all need to work together to make it fun so every day you want to login to play. Suggestions I'm looking for:

• Gear suggestions, should more gear be added if so what? should a piece of gear be removed because it's imbalanced?
  • Rewards for winning, losing, etc!
  • Should Unlimited Kills come back?
  • Changes required to make it more fun?
  • Misc changes, what's on your mind?
  • Like 5

Things I'm aware of:

• No sickleshot for Inquistor, my mistake slipped my mind (was suppose to make one).
  • KP is currently allowed past 80.
  • Class Expertise is currently allowed past 80.
  • Skills is currently allowed past 80.

Things I'm monitoring:

• Temple Knight set (from Temple Knight Trial).
  • Temple Arena gear.

Apologies if I messed up my post in anyway, spelling, grammar or meaning. Very busy, much lack of sleep if you need anything explaining in more detail please ask 🙂.

• Like 3

Hi! 

3 things about this NTW

Crystal take a long time to take down, maybe a little too much... But this isn't bad or good

Free prep is really nice so i'm really for that

Even tho i was not that geared i would do stuff so Equilibration is nicely done

So first impression: I'm happy with it , will participate when i can :)

+1

The normal class tw is a bit more balanced now with characters and content in lvl 80, but still i dont see the sense of making dont count as a real pvp to take the territory, you know even on awk tws when it counts something there's not many actual pvp players on it, and as we saw on this tw, im sure 20% of the pvp players gonna feel motivated to awk 75 weapons, make 75 sets and stuff just to play in a tw that doesnt count in anything for their guild.

http://prntscr.com/ly3jx4

Also i know its not in the right topic but new pets sucks, i dont see the reasson of making a pet for each single thing in-game, pets for each weapons, and now even for xp/cp.

And since you was able to make a kind of lvl 80 cap, removing the boost of lvl and etc, you could make the pvp in general to only lose stats and get + dmg dealt and - received only to 110, after it shouldnt have any boost till next patch, you know the amount of ppl that quit because of lvl and i think lvl 110 is more fair than more than it right now.

3 hours ago, Yukani said:

The normal class tw is a bit more balanced now with characters and content in lvl 80, but still i dont see the sense of making dont count as a real pvp to take the territory, you know even on awk tws when it counts something there's not many actual pvp players on it, and as we saw on this tw, im sure 20% of the pvp players gonna feel motivated to awk 75 weapons, make 75 sets and stuff just to play in a tw that doesnt count in anything for their guild.

http://prntscr.com/ly3jx4

Also i know its not in the right topic but new pets sucks, i dont see the reasson of making a pet for each single thing in-game, pets for each weapons, and now even for xp/cp.

And since you was able to make a kind of lvl 80 cap, removing the boost of lvl and etc, you could make the pvp in general to only lose stats and get + dmg dealt and - received only to 110, after it shouldnt have any boost till next patch, you know the amount of ppl that quit because of lvl and i think lvl 110 is more fair than more than it right now.

Rewards is just temporary and looking for suggestions, maybe being able to get 6 territory,3 of awaken and 3 of normal but lowering the salary slightly so it's not too much gold.

As for level I'm hoping to have the next patch to have some content for leveling.

37 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Rewards is just temporary and looking for suggestions, maybe being able to get 6 territory,3 of awaken and 3 of normal but lowering the salary slightly so it's not too much gold.

As for level I'm hoping to have the next patch to have some content for leveling.

I know its just temporary, but i dont see the problem in putting the normal class to count as a territory, even if its just to make more ppl join it for now, and yes, the idea of 6 territories dont seems bad, but you could work in a way to make the rng of the game a bit more different for tws, because it is super boring when you prep and waste some time poding or stop what you are doing to join tw and then everyone are in the same team, could be like the X guild joined tw first and had 10 ppl online, and the Y guild are in the other side with only 5, so automatically the next guild to get in will be in the Y guild team, i dont know if something like this is possible but you could think in a way to make the tws more balanced.

As for lvling, i may seem like someone that is bored and dont wanna take much time to lvl up, but you could remove the +dmg dealt and - dmg received for lvling, or at least just inside tw/gvg like you did with normal classes, and leave the leveling only for CE bonus and more kps, because a lot of pvp players are not pvping now because most of them are still in lvl 105 and getting 2much dmg received because of it.

Or you could just make the new map fast to lvl up just like normal dos was on 90-100 because a lot of ppl i talked said they prefer the pvp when everyone was on the same lvl, but i think it would be a bit unfair for everyone that wasted a lot of time to lvl to 110+ right now.

7 hours ago, Yukani said:

I know its just temporary, but i dont see the problem in putting the normal class to count as a territory, even if its just to make more ppl join it for now, and yes, the idea of 6 territories dont seems bad, but you could work in a way to make the rng of the game a bit more different for tws, because it is super boring when you prep and waste some time poding or stop what you are doing to join tw and then everyone are in the same team, could be like the X guild joined tw first and had 10 ppl online, and the Y guild are in the other side with only 5, so automatically the next guild to get in will be in the Y guild team, i dont know if something like this is possible but you could think in a way to make the tws more balanced.

As for lvling, i may seem like someone that is bored and dont wanna take much time to lvl up, but you could remove the +dmg dealt and - dmg received for lvling, or at least just inside tw/gvg like you did with normal classes, and leave the leveling only for CE bonus and more kps, because a lot of pvp players are not pvping now because most of them are still in lvl 105 and getting 2much dmg received because of it.

Or you could just make the new map fast to lvl up just like normal dos was on 90-100 because a lot of ppl i talked said they prefer the pvp when everyone was on the same lvl, but i think it would be a bit unfair for everyone that wasted a lot of time to lvl to 110+ right now.

Their is no RNG upon joining, it's based on when you join tw, the first person of each guild who joins decides the order. Also the DMG change is not based on being disabled in normal class tw it's just like stats it can be capped to 80 so if your level 79 it's -2 and 78 -4.

A grind map is in the works but it all takes time.

7 hours ago, Mozz said:

@Jordan Mhmm Why not awk set 80? Im a old player, maybe one of the first. I made some awk set for pvp, possibly some other players too, why not recycle that time?

Read the post, I said why.

Being an old sluggard who could never PvP at cap lv 80 (although I was watching videos of Jordan, Vyzer etc...) it's nice to be able to somehow relive this nostalgia, so thanks for that.

Concerning the TW itself, it's nice not to see illusionists/templar kill anything that moves without any problem.

15 hours ago, Nipaa said:

Crystal take a long time to take down, maybe a little too much... But this isn't bad or good

It's good like this, otherwise, it could just turn into a cap war without interest.

15 minutes ago, Mozz said:

Nothing specifically, right? So why not?

If Jordan let people use Awk 80 set almost everybody will use them so it does not match this point(imo)

17 hours ago, Jordan said:

As a small sub-topic of the above mentioned I decided this was the best as Level 70 Awaken Armor, 75 Gold Armor and 78 Orange Armor is all viable choices the player can make. I always strive to make multiple options available for players to build so this was a design choice by me.

Edited by Luxdrayn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luxdrayn said:

It's good like this, otherwise, it could just turn into a cap war without interest.

I'm agreeing with you on this one ^^

3 hours ago, Luxdrayn said:

Thats not right, there's no sense in doing a cap war in normal class tw, worse now since its like in previous cap 75, you take at least 1 minute to down a crystal, and thats enough time to a pt or someone else kill you, its not like awakened tw that a assassin cap in 20 seconds alone.

And again even if its just a ''test'' there's no sense in putting it to dont count as a territory, because its better to test something with a lot of ppl playing than only 10 inside it, and if you keep it like this, no one gonna feel like building a lvl 75-80 gear to enter a tw that dont count in anything.

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

Their is no RNG upon joining, it's based on when you join tw, the first person of each guild who joins decides the order. Also the DMG change is not based on being disabled in normal class tw it's just like stats it can be capped to 80 so if your level 79 it's -2 and 78 -4.

A grind map is in the works but it all takes time.

So the character lvl still influence on the dmg dealt? or the difference is only for ppl lower than 80?

39 minutes ago, Yukani said:

Thats not right, there's no sense in doing a cap war in normal class tw, worse now since its like in previous cap 75, you take at least 1 minute to down a crystal, and thats enough time to a pt or someone else kill you, its not like awakened tw that a assassin cap in 20 seconds alone.

And again even if its just a ''test'' there's no sense in putting it to dont count as a territory, because its better to test something with a lot of ppl playing than only 10 inside it, and if you keep it like this, no one gonna feel like building a lvl 75-80 gear to enter a tw that dont count in anything.

Oh I was only talking about the crystal, not about the reward and like I said before I never PvP when lv 80 was the cap, so thanks for the information ~

40 minutes ago, Yukani said:

So the character lvl still influence on the dmg dealt? or the difference is only for ppl lower than 80?

I may be wrong but I think the difference is only for ppl lower than 80

First of all, thanks for returning to the normality of the war in the territory, we appreciate the effort you put into it. It is still early to draw conclusions about classes, not having a good pvp. In relation to the reward, it must be individual, that is, only those who participated in said tw (golden items to craftear, coronas, gems lvl 5, some item of racial elaboration, etc). I do not agree to grant 6 territories to a single guild, we know from experience the result of this election.

12 hours ago, Yukani said:

Well if it counted as a territory you can expect it to be dead after 2 days as 1st guild will already be capped and likely only have a 25% attendance rate for the rest of the week. As demonstrated earlier certain players figured out a way around the class lock and was able to play on awaken classes. Would it be fair for a guild to figure out such bug and win a territory over a guild that didn't have such a bug? Its just a test, their is no idea of what reward to give, right now you still get participation prize and its something people wanted. So if people don't gear and don't participate and give feedback then it just stays how it is or will be removed again. This is a player requested content, if you guys want it to stay then you guys must put in the effort. Quite frankly only you have openly complained about this issue so unless people are not going to say anything about it then maybe its not as big an issue as you're making it out to be.

Yes their will be prizes when its out of beta.

As for cap wars, it does make sense to have cap wars, hence what we had back on PlayEden lol, just ask Vyzer who is in your guild the difference having a cap party made us in PlayEden vs not having one.

5 hours ago, zitorak said:

First of all, thanks for returning to the normality of the war in the territory, we appreciate the effort you put into it. It is still early to draw conclusions about classes, not having a good pvp. In relation to the reward, it must be individual, that is, only those who participated in said tw (golden items to craftear, coronas, gems lvl 5, some item of racial elaboration, etc). I do not agree to grant 6 territories to a single guild, we know from experience the result of this election.

It's still a guild related event, so at the end of the day it will still have to have some guild based reward.

12 hours ago, Yukani said:

Only for players under 80. You are treated as level 80 in TW.

110-79 deals +2%
115-79 deals +2%

110-77 deals +6%
115-77 deals +6%

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Well if it counted as a territory you can expect it to be dead after 2 days as 1st guild will already be capped and likely only have a 25% attendance rate for the rest of the week. As demonstrated earlier certain players figured out a way around the class lock and was able to play on awaken classes. Would it be fair for a guild to figure out such bug and win a territory over a guild that didn't have such a bug? Its just a test, their is no idea of what reward to give, right now you still get participation prize and its something people wanted. So if people don't gear and don't participate and give feedback then it just stays how it is or will be removed again. This is a player requested content, if you guys want it to stay then you guys must put in the effort. Quite frankly only you have openly complained about this issue so unless people are not going to say anything about it then maybe its not as big an issue as you're making it out to be.

Tbh i wouldnt care about any guild winning because of a bug on that tw, at least it would be active, normal class tw today had less than 15 ppl.

And for sure even after Garden/MT get capped with tws, the next tws are still more active than the actual normal classes right now, i dont see any problem in the balancement or the cap on gears, just this issue will limit the potential of normal class tw, and i remember in 2017 when you made the same thing, with the same problem of been able to use awk classes in normal classes tw on first days, and it was like 80% more active than now, and its kinda obv that ppl who doesnt ''tryhard'' on pvp will rather to dont have a serious tw to win, so if they lose or win it wouldnt matter, but its not like this for most of pvp players.

Hello.
I'd suggest to finally introduce better rewards for PvP such as eden crystals. It's kinda pointless for some players to try TW everyday to cap territories and get less gold than 1 run in FAE.  In order to be competitive in Normal class TW you are required to spend gold and time/effort into something that will not help you ANYWHERE else. So in my opinion the rewards has to be worthy or people won't bother. maybe this will give hope to more guilds to try and be more competitive, However if you do decide to make the rewards something more valuable than 300-600g I'd suggest to treat it the same way as GvG, as in only the guild leaders can claim the reward after TW and then they can distribute it among their members, that way it cannot be abused by alts etc.
Edit: If this goes well you could even start treating TW the same way as GvG where not only the first guild wins for example
IMG
in a situation like this not only MoneyTeam gets rewarded but also SB and Gate maybe. Which will give hope for smaller guilds to try and compete for 2nd/3rd place.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

the totem is part of the strategy of the map, if the team that loses gets the totem, it can change the situation in their favor, through this mechanic they won many tw (sorry for my bad english).

• Like 1