The Skill of Looting!

DrDieLess

Ok, this may sound silly, but there is actually a proper way to grabbing drops that fall from bosses. A lot of people complain that they don't get any drops from bosses, well here is how you do it!

There is no guide to know how what gear will fall where, This is more to get you to be able to pickup whatever drops. When you are attacking a boss, you will notice a large orange circle on the ground. That would be the area that the boss occupies and this is what you base your positioning on. When a boss is about to die, you want to make sure that you are positioned just outside of this orange circle, as all the drops will scatter outside of that area. The default pickup button is "E". You want to mash the shit out that key. It's also a good idea to have the fetch chip equipped on your pet to double your chances. You will have far less success actually clicking on an item to pickup, vs going near it and mashing E. I also like to run in a circle looting as well.

It be can difficult to loot during bosses, but this will greatly increase your chances of getting something. Something is better than nothing! :)

Yes, I know most people know how to loot, but lots don't! :)

Nate aka DrDieLess

• 3 months later...

Basically what I do is exactly what you described but I go a little further...

Always smash the E key

Get a fetch pet datachip so your pet will loot you an extra item

And if you want to really tryhard looting hide all nearby characters with F11 and zoom in to your character (not all the way, but close enough so that the items in the ground close to you are bigger and easier to click) and spam right click on a random area nearby, has to be close enough so that if u right click something it wont make your character move towards it to pick it up. I zoom in about 10 seconds before my prediction of when the boss will die and spam right click about 5 seconds before it dies, can get you an extra 1-2 drops if you do it right because right click looting is actually faster than E key looting (again when done right).

that third option is for when you are killing a boss and there are a huge number of players nearby (like AK Vanguards for instance) because the nearby players disappear from your screen theres nothing to block you from clicking the item.

Always teleport to the shinies. Shinies are good.

It's worth noting that while there's a cooldown on picking up items, the cooldown is not shared among all looting methods. So smashing E, right-clicking and having a fetch chip makes looting up to 3x as effective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satana said:

the Looting God has spoken

:>

Closely related to looting is making loot actually drop in the first place.

Main thing to note: Loot is determined at the exact moment a monster dies, where only the player or party with the highest recorded damage is taken into account. Everyone else is ignored. For bosses, this can be easily seen on the damage counter.

Loot only drops for that player or party, others can't pick it up for a while (30s iirc). For FFA monsters, loot drops for their entire faction instead. The last hit has no effect whatsoever.

A player is ignored if they're dead, too far away (50m iirc) or in a party. A party is ignored if all players in the party are ignored.

Damage dealt by solo players is recorded for themselves. If they join a party, their solo damage is ignored until they leave the party again.

Damage dealt by party members is recorded for the party, not a member themselves. If a member leaves, the damage is still recorded for the party, and that player will start from 0 damage (or whatever they had before they joined).

When a monster dies, the player's level or the highest player level in the party determines the amount of loot - standard loot drop if that level is the same or lower than the monster, less loot for a higher level (depending on level difference), no loot at all for 10 or more levels above the monster. There is also a bonus depending on party size, more players = more loot. Players need to not be ignored for this to count.

Not sure how loot bonuses are factored into that.

So for effective farming, a 6 player party gets the most loot per monster if everyone is at most the same level as the boss. Smaller or higher level parties get less loot. In other words, invite players for bosses until your party is full, otherwise you're just losing out on potential loot.

• Vivi locked this topic