Sign in to follow this  
Deathoniak

Server State For New Players

So help promote the servers? You guys do a great job chasing each other off with harassment but it's up to us to find new players? Seems odd...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tuti said:

No one is complaining about new content he is bringing.
I believe you know that (Or at least I want to believe lmao), but adding end game content doesn't change much about the server state when most of problem people are complaining in peer chat is due to lack of new players and VGN buyers.

Promote the server then made videos help the server get these "new players" and stop crying for inflation EC-Stardust since u also does the same lmao .

KC6Cwkp.jpg

If server quiet on PVP doesn't mean its also on PvE and people than logging for fun.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bash said:

So help promote the servers? You guys do a great job chasing each other off with harassment but it's up to us to find new players? Seems odd...

Wait, so it's up to us trying to find new players, even if we are already helping they to gear faster and they still quit? Ok....
Zatch12_EE used to make youtube videos about EE content in VGN server.
While some players was making fun of him, you guys ever considered giving him any kind of reward or gratification for his work promoting the game? Even tho he wasn't expecting any reward, some of the few new players I found in the server mentioned his videos from time to time. All I ever saw was people making fun of him.

1 minute ago, Mark20 said:

Promote the server then made videos help the server get these "new players" and stop crying for inflation EC-Stardust since u also does the same lmao .

KC6Cwkp.jpg

If server quiet on PVP doesn't mean its also on PvE and people than logging for fun.

I'm not the one crying about inflation. I do have gold to do whatever I want even if prices are high, also I have most of my achievements done and enough stardust to finish what i haven't yet.
People in peer chat, trying to do their achievements so they can try to finish Dragonside Sanctuary who are complaining about that. For people like you, me, Adrien, etc inflation doesn't matter. For people who have little time to play, people who aren't strongh enough and farm about 10k/day in palace and then have to keep looking till someone sell they 20 coronas for 10k, it does. (Besides the ammount of Eternal Points they will need, that's between 750-900g 129 rn)

I don't see your point about my runs price. Most of people who buy from me say it's worth to pay 20k for a good runner instead paying 10-15k for a Totem Master runner and getting around half EXP I can give.
And i'm not taking inflation in consideration for my prices, i always sold runs for 20k/h, everything price is increasing and I still ask for the same amount, don't expect me to go lower because people are selling bad runs for 15k.
Same for gems, which I used to sell, even with EPs price being double than when i started selling it, I didn't increased gems price. Only thing I sell overpriced are ECs for 400g each, and there's people even thanking me for selling ECs (even with this price), because they just can't find people selling it
So I can't understand what you mean with 'you do the same", actually you're the one who like higher inflation because you've been selling overpriced stardust even before inflation started to get higher and higher. That makes the reason you want to deffend server state obvious.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kyurem said:

pve = boring

if we compared the server with respect to before yes is dying

Yep, never said server is already empty and dying without any1 put money into it.
It's slowing happening, since Vyzer pointed it. And if you compare you will see he was right.
Only someone who isn't playing it would say otherwise.

13 hours ago, Tuti said:

How many new players are joining? How many people are playing on boxes? Why inflation is going higher?

We did.
And I never said Jordan isn't doing a good job. I said that in his point of view, new players have a "path" to do to reach content old player still do to this day.
But most new players we see in the game will quit eventually, mostly in less than 1 month.
If a server doesn't get new players, what will happen to him?
That's purelly logic, if old players keep quiting as even formers GS did, and the server doesn't get new players, what will happen in a few months?
Yes, Jordan is developing good end game content, but you guys need to focus in atracting more new players before that. I'm dying to see what's he going to make for new sets and stuff, but it's pointless if we get this when there's only the same 30 (before u say anything, i'm not saying thats the number of people who play EE everyday, i know it might be more) players playing everyday
Or are you going to tell me price for everything is going higher and higher because people wants to sell higher, and not because there's less people playing on boxes, spending VGN, injecting ECs, Stardusts, etc in the server?

Well, Vyzer is talking about that since long time ago. Just compare how server state was back when he started now.
Besides that, most of us players are all openned to make suggestions if Jordan wants to discuss that with us.

Your right about how many new players are joining but it's like Bash said, you can't expect people who have never played eden before to take one look at it and decide to play it when based on look alone you have to compare it to Aura Kingdom and Twin Saga. These games where far more advertised by Aeria and far more graphically pleasing that Eden Eternal, It's like do you wanna try this old game from 2010 or this newer one from 2016? The only way people play this game as a new player these days is people who have played on VGN games before, have played Eden before or are friends with people who play Eden. Even when popular Youtube channels have done videos on Eden Eternal and it does bring in players, 90% of these players are completitionists who play the game till level cap or the end of the quest lines and then move on to the next reviewed game (This is in no way me disrespecting any of these players or anyone making videos on the game, it's just the pattern I've noticed as there is only 2-3 players I can remember who are still playing who found the game this way).

As for 30 players? I'm not really sure what you're talking about since there is just as many players these last few months as there was at the start of the year before Patch V44. I can also assure you that in terms of numbers 30 players is way below server count. Just because you only know 30 players or you only recognise 30 players who a relivant in PvP doesn't mean the server has only 30 players, I'm pretty sure some of the active guilds alone have 30 players online at one point of the day. Not to mention only half the players actually PvP (likely less).

As for prices going on, this is due to me making more gold wealthy farming options to the game that people had been crying for, so obviously when gold gains go up so does prices as many people do not understand how economies work. More gold equals prices increase. Your also forgetting we where still on a comedown from the EC bug from late last year that even though we removed as many that we could we know we would never get all without a rollback. So there is also that.

As for comparing the server state now than when it started? Ofcourse its going to be worse, a new server always has more activity and more players because it's new. People from mainserver would try it and random people on the advertised forums like Ragezone would try it. Doesn't mean in any shape or form the numbers and activity will stay like that. It's the same for all the games, we have one of the most popular NosTale servers available, yet it's numbers on release and its numbers on release of the big mainserver update (Which Eden no longer recieves) had the games numbers double. This is common, it's like when Aeria released the new reworked Echo of Soul's server or the new Grand Fantasia, the numbers surge for the first few month's then back to same numbers as before or less because some of the dedicateds that may have had to start over said "nevermind, I'll play something else".

As for the last comment Bash made, he's refering to the harrassment side that a certain guild took it upon themselves to make a group of players quit because they made the game unfun for others. Winning PvP and trash talking the people who attend giving you a competition is what is killing this game. Nothing to do with new people joining or not, theres a group of PvP players who quit because of this alone along with some individuals. So you putting the ball in our court saying if we don't do anything the games going to die is frustrating when you have other players chasing off some of the new guys cause they go to PvP get stomped and then they get called trash and stuff. Like who would wanna continue trying after that? It goes both ways, the patch notes had its own section for things for new players and everyone I asked for feedback on the changes before released loved it for new people... It goes both ways though, the community has to be accomodating to new players, bigger guilds needs to step up and help new players get into the game too, people have to be nicer to each other and make the enviroment one that people will enjoy. There is no way to help new players much more, they already get free gear, free weapons, free forts, tons of places to get free gems, CCM that takes a lot less grinding now, lots of places to farm gold, the raids are easier, the awakens are easier, like what more can we do without just giving people millions of free stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jordan said:

As for 30 players? I'm not really sure what you're talking about since there is just as many players these last few months as there was at the start of the year before Patch V44. I can also assure you that in terms of numbers 30 players is way below server count.

I said in my comment that I was not saying that is the current server players. My point is: You're making end game content that people enjoy, but it will mean nothing if eventually the player base keep geting lower and lower.

32 minutes ago, Jordan said:

As for prices going on, this is due to me making more gold wealthy farming options to the game that people had been crying for, so obviously when gold gains go up so does prices as many people do not understand how economies work. More gold equals prices increase. Your also forgetting we where still on a comedown from the EC bug from late last year that even though we removed as many that we could we know we would never get all without a rollback. So there is also that.

Prices are increasing at an incredible rate since long ago, so I don't really believe that's the reason. I believe it helps, but isn't the core of the problem.

8 minutes ago, Jordan said:

So you putting the ball in our court saying if we don't do anything the games going to die is frustrating when you have other players chasing off some of the new guys cause they go to PvP get stomped and then they get called trash and stuff.

If you're geting reports for harrassment or things like that, you know that most harrassment that happens in this server came from old players to old players. And to be honest right now is hard to talk about that since not long ago we had members from two major guilds fighting and harrassing each other while former GS was giving warnings just to one side and after said GS quit the team the situation looks much better (I'm not saying that there are no one harrassing people, but it's usually answered back and no one in complaining about that as before, but I do not think this is something to discuss here or now because as I said things looks much better)

13 minutes ago, Jordan said:

There is no way to help new players much more, they already get free gear, free weapons, free forts, tons of places to get free gems, CCM that takes a lot less grinding now, lots of places to farm gold, the raids are easier, the awakens are easier, like what more can we do without just giving people millions of free stuff.

I know you can simply give everything free, it would be no fun to gear, people who put a lot of effort to build their character wont be please and all that.
And I know you already made Lv95 awaken sets easier, but I still think it needs to be easier, and that GoP drops should be increased, because for most new player i've played with will quit when they get to this point. We have to remember that most of games that is making it to the success right now are the more casual games mostly because people can play without having that much time. So as much as I understand new players can't have it all just free, I think everytime you release something new you could start decreasing the grind they need to get previous patchs stuff.

Look, Jordan, I'd like to say there that I do apreciate your work, when I say you should stop developing to look at content that is already in the game, it's not because I don't think you're adding good stuff. I just think we need to start looking what we can change so our rares new players would keep playing the game.
Sadly, you're the only one I have to ask, since even tho people come answering my posts like if I was saying you're doing a bad job (Thing I never said), they're the ones who left you alone to reply to tickets, foruns, bug reporsts, and still create the new content for the game.
So even tho I disagree with some of your points, I think you're doing a good job on things that you're doing, but as much as we appreciate the new content you're making, you're the only person we have to ask to go back and see what could be changed so new players can stick around.
And when we have this change we can start thinking about that players can do to promote the server, since there's pointless asking us to do something about that when even you know that if we bring the new players eventually they will quit.

Even if you disagee with me, thank you for taking your time to read and reply :) For me it shows regardless if someone like or not the stuff you make for the game, you're the only one we can count with to make the game better.

49 minutes ago, Tuti said:

I said in my comment that I was not saying that is the current server players. My point is: You're making end game content that people enjoy, but it will mean nothing if eventually the player base keep geting lower and lower.

Prices are increasing at an incredible rate since long ago, so I don't really believe that's the reason. I believe it helps, but isn't the core of the problem.

If you're geting reports for harrassment or things like that, you know that most harrassment that happens in this server came from old players to old players. And to be honest right now is hard to talk about that since not long ago we had members from two major guilds fighting and harrassing each other while former GS was giving warnings just to one side and after said GS quit the team the situation looks much better (I'm not saying that there are no one harrassing people, but it's usually answered back and no one in complaining about that as before, but I do not think this is something to discuss here or now because as I said things looks much better)

I know you can simply give everything free, it would be no fun to gear, people who put a lot of effort to build their character wont be please and all that.
And I know you already made Lv95 awaken sets easier, but I still think it needs to be easier, and that GoP drops should be increased, because for most new player i've played with will quit when they get to this point. We have to remember that most of games that is making it to the success right now are the more casual games mostly because people can play without having that much time. So as much as I understand new players can't have it all just free, I think everytime you release something new you could start decreasing the grind they need to get previous patchs stuff.

Look, Jordan, I'd like to say there that I do apreciate your work, when I say you should stop developing to look at content that is already in the game, it's not because I don't think you're adding good stuff. I just think we need to start looking what we can change so our rares new players would keep playing the game.
Sadly, you're the only one I have to ask, since even tho people come answering my posts like if I was saying you're doing a bad job (Thing I never said), they're the ones who left you alone to reply to tickets, foruns, bug reporsts, and still create the new content for the game.
So even tho I disagree with some of your points, I think you're doing a good job on things that you're doing, but as much as we appreciate the new content you're making, you're the only person we have to ask to go back and see what could be changed so new players can stick around.
And when we have this change we can start thinking about that players can do to promote the server, since there's pointless asking us to do something about that when even you know that if we bring the new players eventually they will quit.

Even if you disagee with me, thank you for taking your time to read and reply :) For me it shows regardless if someone like or not the stuff you make for the game, you're the only one we can count with to make the game better.

We're not disagreeing with you in any shape or form. We are merely saying your points you're using to strengthen your statement are invalid and wrong. If you have any ideas then let us know but stabbing at us with invalid or incorrect data isn't the way to go about it.

I've said my part, you have ideas on improving early gameplay then let us know but going around in circles isn't the way to go about any of this.

"If you're geting reports for harrassment or things like that, you know that most harrassment that happens in this server came from old players to old players. And to be honest right now is hard to talk about that since not long ago we had members from two major guilds fighting and harrassing each other while former GS was giving warnings just to one side and after said GS quit the team the situation looks much better (I'm not saying that there are no one harrassing people, but it's usually answered back and no one in complaining about that as before, but I do not think this is something to discuss here or now because as I said things looks much better)"

that side are the problem of the game o.o many of those toxic ppl :3

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jordan or VGN, for example, why i dont see you doing server advertisements on page such as http://www.xtremetop100.com and voters going each 12 hours voting for this server to get 1 EC for example by completting the vote, like other private servers for other games, be out there ,get the world to know u, even trigger some person minds who accidently found ee browsing this page for anime-like new mmo, and looked his way to us..