hollowknight

Some FC adjustments

Hey,

Everyone knows that atm, act 4 is quite dead at almost any time (apart from Caligor) and I thought that maybe some little adjustments could change this a bit, mostly regarding to raids.

Raid changes:

-Reduce the raid timer from 60 mins to 30: Atm, each raid lasts 1h and the boss can be killed after the first 30 mins. But these 30 mins are useless since you dont get any good items from killing the mobs of the raid map, and what everyone does, is just afk 30 mins until the boss room is openned. So what I suggest, is to  delete the first 30 mins, so after mukraju is dead, the raids will last 30 mins and the boss room is openned from the beginning.

-Make the % go up easier: Well, I don't know how the '%' in FC works, but I think it should be easier to increase it since sometimes it gets stucked at certain %, and even I kill mobs, demons or whatever is around, the % still remains the same, and this is quite tilting tbh. I know that a similar change was made like a year ago and it didn't work very well, but with some little changes could be balanced, and ready to have it back in the game.

Raidbox changes:

-Increase drop rate of essences: In the end game, due to champion gears, the shells arent needed anymore (r7 shells were the most valuable item in the raidbox) so late-game players will only go fc to get essences to craft fernon fairy. But the drop rate is quite low and you actually need a lot of them to craft the fairy, so If the drop rate was increased (or the drop amount to x2, for example) I think the FC raids would me more spammed.

-Add dragon heart to item pool: This is also related to Fernon fairy, since you need a lot of them to craft the fairy and there are just a few ways to get them. So if it could be dropped in FC also (with similar % to draco-glacerus raids would be balanced IMO), this will encourage ppl to do these  raids.

-Add 70% Fairies to item pool: This is something that @Bloodevil suggested a while ago and I agree with him (also to make Fernon fairy a bit more accessible), since these fairies can only be obtained in the mall.

NOTE: I know that the fernon fairy is something of late-late-game and an item that isn't  for everyone, but these changes, will just motivate ppl to craft it (I have only seen one in the server) but still it will require some work and put effort on it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hollowknight said:

Hey,

Everyone knows that atm, act 4 is quite dead at almost any time (apart from Caligor) and I thought that maybe some little adjustments could change this a bit, mostly regarding to raids.

Raid changes:

-Reduce the raid timer from 60 mins to 30: Atm, each raid lasts 1h and the boss can be killed after the first 30 mins. But these 30 mins are useless since you dont get any good items from killing the mobs of the raid map, and what everyone does, is just afk 30 mins until the boss room is openned. So what I suggest, is to  delete the first 30 mins, so after mukraju is dead, the raids will last 30 mins and the boss room is openned from the beginning.

-Make the % go up easier: Well, I don't know how the '%' in FC works, but I think it should be easier to increase it since sometimes it gets stucked at certain %, and even I kill mobs, demons or whatever is around, the % still remains the same, and this is quite tilting tbh. I know that a similar change was made like a year ago and it didn't work really well, but with some little changes could be balanced, and ready to have it back in the game.

Raidbox changes:

-Increase drop rate of essences: In the end game, due to champion gears, the shells arent needed anymore (r7 shells were the most valuable item in the raidbox) so late-game players will only go fc to get essences to craft fernon fairy. But the drop rate is quite low and you actually need a lot of them to craft the fairy, so If the drop rate was increased (or the drop amount to x2, for example) I think the FC raids would me more spammed.

-Add dragon heart to item pool: This is also related to Fernon fairy, since you need a lot of them to craft the fairy and there are just a few ways to get them. So if it could be dropped in FC also (with similar % to draco-glacerus raids would be balanced IMO), this will encourage ppl to do these  raids.

-Add 70% Fairies to item pool: This is something that @Bloodevil suggested a while ago and I agree with him (also to make Fernon fairy a bit more accessible), since these fairies can only be obtained in the mall.

NOTE: I know that the fernon fairy is something of late-late-game and an item that isn't  for everyone, but these changes, will just motivate ppl to craft it (I have only seen one in the server) but still it will require some work and put effort on it.

Well i agree in those parts 

Anyway we should wait until Bash have done the rework hes working on...

• Thanks 1

+1.

Fernon Fairy is impossible to make now since there isn't enough fairy essences on the server. Also there is no Fernon anymore on the server since the only player, which had her, got banned. So actually we have this patch for 0,5year and still there isnt any fairy on the server.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hollowknight said:

Raid changes:

-Make the % go up easier: Well, I don't know how the '%' in FC works, but I think it should be easier to increase it since sometimes it gets stucked at certain %, and even I kill mobs, demons or whatever is around, the % still remains the same, and this is quite tilting tbh. I know that a similar change was made like a year ago and it didn't work really well, but with some little changes could be balanced, and ready to have it back in the game.

Agree with this, especially with recude the raid timer

What about raid drop: I more like Kaizou idea

On 1/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, Kaizou said:

Lady Calvinas rewards could be :Calvinas's Staff - (Stats that focus particularly on Water Element attributes) / Blue Lvl. 35 Fairy / x3-x5-x7-x10 Small Sapphire / x3-x5-x7-x10 Sapphire of Completion / Small chance of Caligor's Horn

Lord Morcos rewards could be :Morcos's Red Eye - (Stats that focus particularly on Fire Element attributes) / Red Lvl. 35 Fairy / x3-x5-x7-x10 Small Ruby / x3-x5-x7-x10 Ruby of Completion / Small chance of Caligor's Horn

Obtaining raids could also be more interactive, an example was a short event in UK, every certain hour a giant Dark Horn would spawn at the top left or right of Bitoren Tundra and the faction that kills them wil have a guarantee'd raid regardless of the faction percentages, so maybe random map events could occur every x-hour or if something triggers it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheHealersGod said:

-1 for erasing rare shells from box's (there is people still using them 100%)

I didnt say to remove them, just mentioned that it was the main goal when I was around lvl 92, but after that I didnt need anyomre those raidboxes. Ofc, for the ppl that are still around that level, they will have the chance to drop the shells for their equip.

% FC raid depends of ppl playing in FC, so is kinda useless

Act4 raids is not FC, is gonna be empty anyway, endgame players mostly even touch FC raids so why improve them?

What we  need is something valuable for eveyone that makes ppl stay in FC.

Make more raids don't gonna revive it anyway xD

Just asking for your opinion: what about giving "points" with the kills? And later you can trade that points for items on a npc on glace, so with X number of kills you get a dragon heart, with Y number, a fairy....

13 minutes ago, Perse said:

Just asking for your opinion: what about giving "points" with the kills? And later you can trade that points for items on a npc on glace, so with X number of kills you get a dragon heart, with Y number, a fairy....

This would be very nice in an ideal word where people don't abuse the system unfortunately :/

I think score-based prizes are not a good idea since they don't really represent how "good" a player is, too easy to get a good score and being a bad player, you know what i mean..

Anyway

Other than PvE based changes do you (everyone not only perse) have some ideas to bring more people to FC? Let's use this thread instead of making a new one, ideas from community are always well accepted

Also Edit: i agree with @hollowknight but he already knows since i suggested the same things several times ahaha

Edited by Bloodevil

that´s why I asked for opinion, I know that´s a problem, but maybe an alt check or something could be implement. I just hate so much people with 10k of alts on glace giving full buffs and killing himself.

I also know that more kills doesn´t mean more skill, but, more kills without alts mean more time espend on glace, so is a way for farm, since you can only do x5 dracos raids per day and is the best way to earn dracos heart.

Personally idk if having fernon fairy easier to make would even be a good idea, since jennifer's hat got introduced in the game + fernon fairy, some people already do insane amounts of damage, with those 2 alone thats 25% dmg in pvp. Seems a bit OP to me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Squizzy said:

Personally idk if having fernon fairy easier to make would even be a good idea, since jennifer's hat got introduced in the game + fernon fairy, some people already do insane amounts of damage, with those 2 alone thats 25% dmg in pvp. Seems a bit OP to me

Really nice point

22 hours ago, Squizzy said:

It doesn't have to be necessarily easier in terms of gold needed per fairy, i think it should be more available rather than cheaper.

We could fix the price of essences giving them a decent value (3-4kk IMO), i mean like this you'd still need to spend more than 2b to make 1 fairy only. And considering that with 2b you can get a full set of erenia fairies i don't think that it would be unbalanced.

The problem here is that the fairy is unavailable even if you have the gold for it!

With this i don't mean that i'd like to see 999x essences in bazar either, just a little more available (this would also help the FC situation)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bloodevil said:

We could fix the price of essences giving them a decent value (3-4kk IMO), i mean like this you'd still need to spend more than 2b to make 1 fairy only. And considering that with 2b you can get a full set of erenia fairies i don't think that it would be unbalanced.

2b is nothing. Fernon fairy works everywhere and you only need 1 fairy for your main SP, erenia and zenas fairies only work in FC, it's a huge difference.

22 minutes ago, Bloodevil said:

It doesn't have to be necessarily easier in terms of gold needed per fairy, i think it should be more available rather than cheaper.

More available is bad, because if enough people have it, it's broken af.
Can you imagine someone like Stormgod using fernon fairy + jennifer's hat ???
He'd be 1 hit tapping everyone.

It isn't good for the game in my opinion
I like that it isn't available.

there is enough damage boosts in game already, tarots, accessories, perfection, jennifer's hat, etc

Even on my archer alone I already drop peoples HP and I don't even have jennifer's hat OR fernon fairy

1 minute ago, Squizzy said:

2b is nothing. Fernon fairy works everywhere and you only need 1 fairy for your main SP, erenia and zenas fairies only work in FC, it's a huge difference.

there is enough damage boosts in game already, tarots, accessories, perfection, jennifer's hat, etc

Even on my archer alone I already drop peoples HP and I don't even have jennifer's hat OR fernon fairy

I agree with Fernon fairy. It should cost around 3-4b~ since its 15%dmg.

Also, to make it clear, Zenas/Erenia fairy DOES work outside the fc.

1 minute ago, 13175 said:

Also, to make it clear, Zenas/Erenia fairy DOES work outside the fc.

Erm, how does it work outside of FC if it only works against 1 faction?
It just randomly boosts against people who are on the opposite faction or what?

4 minutes ago, Squizzy said:

Erm, how does it work outside of FC if it only works against 1 faction?
It just randomly boosts against people who are on the opposite faction or what?

Zenas gives 10% Damage to Demons and Erenia gives 10% Damage to Angels. This is how it works even outside of the FC.

I'm 100% sure that it works. I've tested it here, on VGN.

If we compare between Jennifers hat and Fernon fairy: 

The Fairy: Needs a lot of farming, and spending a lot of gold (actually, I think there aren't even enough essences in nb to craft the fairy). And buying, both erenia and zenas fairies is much cheaper than crafting/buying 1 fernon (for only a 5% difference)

Jennifer Hat: An item that can  be obtained only if u are lucky or buying it from someone. And the price of this hat was around 1-2kkk last time I heared offers. 

So the price for a fernon fairy should be around 3kkk max (even the fairy has a 5% extra dmg, the hat can be used with all ur sps and gives also a 10% anti effects)

And yes, it's true that owning these two items the dmg boost that you get is insane, so what about making an item  that counters this? (maybe other hat that gives 10% PvP defence and it could be obtained in the next season of RBB). Obviously this it's just an example, it must be tested to see which would be the right value of % def, or any other kind of effect.

EDIT: And in any case, i'd first nerf the jennifers hat rather than keep the craft of the fairy as it is atm.

1 hour ago, Squizzy said:

We can fix the price to a higher value but it's nonsense to leave it unavailable, it's in the game! I don't see why i shouldn't be able to craft it in a decent amount of time if i have the money for it.

I can agree with you that 2b is too low, alright, we can fix the price at a higher value as long as the fairy becomes available for people that can afford it! It's indeed very good but around 4b should allow you to increase your strenght, i don't see anything wrong here

Frozen Crown is pretty much every discussion between staff when we go to decide on new content to add/modify. So I'd expect changes to Frozen Crown arriving in the near future. Put some trust into our decisions we do have some good ideas coming with this area of the game.