Webster

Nerf to PvP Accessory

Ok so for the first time im a little bit angry now cause of the recent patch notes.

You literally cant nerf pvp accessory AND the anti magic boots but let seer untouched, its a complete joke.

Even with pvp accessory seer is the beyond broken jack of all trades sp that destroys every kind of fun in pvp.

I'm fine with the nerf to the boots cause they were way too god for a simple level 38 resistance, but cmon you cant make mage pvp harder than it already is...

Edit: I would really appreciate a statement from the official side what the deeper thoughts on these nerfs were (only the accessory, i understand why the boots got nerfed)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Instead of raising your concern like this it might be best to suggest an alternative to our change?

6 minutes ago, Bash said:

Instead of raising your concern like this it might be best to suggest an alternative to our change?

to do that i need to know what your intention nerfing pvp accessory is, cause i cant see what the problem with it shouldve been.

Sorry if it sounds rude but im rly salty rn.

Well, I agree. It was unnecessary change that didn't need to happen. You lose a lot of defence to risk that small damage boost (when you compare it with laurena accessories)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squizzy said:

Well, I agree. It was unnecessary change that didn't need to happen. You lose a lot of defence to risk that small damage boost (when you compare it with laurena accessories)

If it's so small, then why don't you use the Laurena?
It is assumed that Laurena's jewelry should be the best available in the game.

1 minute ago, ChavezSempai said:

Maybe because when you vs a Seer, you need all the damage you can get?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squizzy said:

Maybe because when you vs a Seer, you need all the damage you can get?

Laurena's jewelry gives you damage and defense, you are fulfilling what is necessary.

Just now, ChavezSempai said:

Laurena's jewelry gives you damage and defense, you are fulfilling what is necessary.

Ok and I want to use accessories that give me PURE damage and I lose defence, that was the idea of PVP accessories. (since it gives much lower crit reduce) 

There are 2 situations in which you COULD use pvp accessory.

First is playing scout cause your buff pretty much negates the loss of def, but from my experience only the necklace was worth using and it was a really small damage increase.

Second situation is pvp with mage, cause you dont need the critdown option there and "only" lose 180 def and 120 attack.

So if the intention of the nerf is to balance mage pvp vs other classes i kinda appreciate it. But you cant do it without nerfing seer alongside.

1 minute ago, Squizzy said:

Ok and I want to use accessories that give me PURE damage and I lose defence, that was the idea of PVP accessories. (since it gives much lower crit reduce) 

The effect is still there, right? It has not been removed from the accessories or removed from the game.

The effect is still there, right? It has not been removed from the accessories or removed from the game.

Obviously, but since it was reduced by so much, i would say laurena gives the same damage boost now so its pointless.
It wouldn't even be worth to use them now because before it wasnt even that big of a boost, but it was noticeable. 

1 minute ago, ChavezSempai said:

Its a complete joke now. Its half of what it used to be.

And as i already said, even before the patch only necklace was worth using pretty much.

5 minutes ago, Webster said:

First is playing scout cause your buff pretty much negates the loss of def, but from my experience only the necklace was worth using and it was a really small damage increase.

Second situation is pvp with mage, cause you dont need the critdown option there and "only" lose 180 def and 120 attack.

In some you must dispense with them, you can not live all the time subject to them when we add a lot of things and are simply left something unbalanced in the past. Now you can play and choose between which to use.

3 minutes ago, Squizzy said:

Obviously, but since it was reduced by so much, i would say laurena gives the same damage boost now so its pointless.
It wouldn't even be worth to use them now because before it wasnt even that big of a boost, but it was noticeable

Laurena's Jewelry Example:
If you have 2000 damage in your base (when you press P), with the Laurena's accessories you will get +120 attack, so finally your damage is:
2000 + 120 = 2120.

PvP Jewelry Example:
If you have 2000 damage in your base (when you press P), with the PvP's accessories you will get +10% attack, so finally your damage is:
2000 + 10% = 2000 + (2000*0,10) = 2000 + 200 = 2200

You still get the most damage with the PvP accesories, only now it will come into play if you want to use more defense or not.

2 minutes ago, ChavezSempai said:

In some you must dispense with them, you can not live all the time subject to them when we add a lot of things and are simply left something unbalanced in the past. Now you can play and choose between which to use.

I guess seer was left unbalanced aswell then?

5 minutes ago, ChavezSempai said:

Laurena's Jewelry Example:
If you have 2000 damage in your base (when you press P), with the Laurena's accessories you will get +120 attack, so finally your damage is:
2000 + 120 = 2120.

PvP Jewelry Example:
If you have 2000 damage in your base (when you press P), with the PvP's accessories you will get +10% attack, so finally your damage is:
2000 + 10% = 2000 + (2000*0,10) = 2000 + 200 = 2200

You still get the most damage with the PvP accesories, only now it will come into play if you want to use more defense or not.

You cant calculate it like that bro.

I got about ~3500 basedmg in most of my sps and roughly 80% increased dmg by equip summed up, so it'd be:

Laurena: (3500+120)*1,8=6516

PvP: 3500*1,9=6650

Thats 134 increased damage in exchange for 180 def, ~130% critdown and ~1500 hp.

Dont get me wrong, 134 isnt a low number, but not in exchange for what ive mentioned.

The accessory is simply dead, you cant chose which set you play as you said.

IMO reducing the pvp dmg on necklace from 8 to 5% (like the other 2 parts) wouldve been reasonable.

21 minutes ago, Webster said:

So if the intention of the nerf is to balance mage pvp vs other classes i kinda appreciate it. But you cant do it without nerfing seer alongside.

Tbh, and tell me if I m wrong, but that just made scout really op. As a sword player, the crit cup is really anoying, and a scout with pvp accessorys was really op. I can compete agains a seer using my sader or my blade, but I just could pvp to an scout with warr.

Last time that I gave a pvp agains a scout, he just oneshoted me with 2 softs crits of the reload, and my sp and armour are really good.

Maybe seer need to be nerfed, the eye is anoying and the mana shield too, but tbh scout + pvp accessorys was op, and the lvl 38 boots where ridiculous too (and is telling that someone that has loose a lot of money, since I have leather boots with erenias s5 >.<)

9 minutes ago, Webster said:

You cant calculate it like that bro.

I got about ~3500 basedmg in most of my sps and roughly 80% increased dmg by equip summed up, so it'd be:

Thats 134 increased damage in exchange for 180 def, ~130% critdown and ~1500 hp.

The problem with dmg in pvp is that the dmg is calculated at the end, so you need to add the dmg on your skills too, + the soft... so the dmg is higher

1 minute ago, Perse said:

Tbh, and tell me if I m wrong, but that just made scout really op. As a sword player, the crit cup is really anoying, and a scout with pvp accessorys was really op. I can compete agains a seer using my sader or my blade, but I just could pvp to an scout with warr.

Last time that I gave a pvp agains a scout, he just oneshoted me with 2 softs crits of the reload, and my sp and armour are really good.

Maybe seer need to be nerfed, the eye is anoying and the mana shield too, but tbh scout + pvp accessorys was op, and the lvl 38 boots where ridiculous too (and is telling that someone that has loose a lot of money, since I have leather boots with erenias s5 >.<)

As i said, playing scout it was just worth using the necklace, cause it gave 8% increased pvp dmg and not 5% like bracelet and ring, so the difference couldnt be that high. Either your def/dodge isnt good or the scout lucked a full reload with soft+crit. (Dont get me wrong, scout isnt rly balanced aswell, but its not even close to seer)

15 minutes ago, Webster said:

Dont get me wrong, 134 isnt a low number, but not in exchange for what ive mentioned.

I'll simply say ...?

The accessory is simply dead, you cant chose which set you play as you said.

Currently, it is your decision about how you use it and against what people. There will be combats in which you will need and there will be others that will not.

IMO reducing the pvp dmg on necklace from 8 to 5% (like the other 2 parts) wouldve been reasonable.

1% in this game and with his RNG is very dangerous. Are you aware of that?

I guess seer was left unbalanced aswell then?

This topic has already been touched many times and has been explained about this, therefore we do not discuss it anymore. Some people must learn that there is a world and another 7 SP's to use, that not only should one be used for everything and already. 

Edited by ChavezSempai

Some of the thoughts behind this change was that reputation accessories shouldn't be straight up better than end game accessories (laurenas). This way we hope to achieve both of the sets being an option and laurenas actually being considered.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Webster said:

As i said, playing scout it was just worth using the necklace, cause it gave 8% increased pvp dmg and not 5% like bracelet and ring, so the difference couldnt be that high. Either your def/dodge isnt good or the scout lucked a full reload with soft+crit. (Dont get me wrong, scout isnt rly balanced aswell, but its not even close to seer)

judge yourself:

https://gyazo.com/eee28b55b04821dfaab2733845a6d30f

The enemy scout had a weapon without reduce deff on pvp, and he deals to me, the "tank" class, more than 50k dmg in 3 s.

And yes, he was lucky, but even with that, this is not suposed to be like that.

And before you said it, yes, warrior need a rework/nerf too, but is on the fourth place of the lsit, at least to me.

Edit: I know that is not really smart to play gladi agains scout, but lets obviate that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Siseneri said:

Some of the thoughts behind this change was that reputation accessories shouldn't be straight up better than end game accessories (laurenas). This way we hope to achieve both of the sets being an option and laurenas actually being considered.

Straight up better?

Read above, there are 2 situations in which they could have been better, thats it.

Maybe im just seeing red now, but i think these changes will completely shut down my fun in arena and rbb.

I respected when bash said he wont balance anything before official servers do it. But some weeks later he randomly nerfs things, i just dont rly understand that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Perse said:

judge yourself:

https://gyazo.com/eee28b55b04821dfaab2733845a6d30f

The enemy scout had a weapon without reduce deff on pvp, and he deals to me, the "tank" class, more than 50k dmg in 3 s.

And yes, he was lucky, but even with that, this is not suposed to be like that.

And before you said it, yes, warrior need a rework/nerf too, but is on the fourth place of the lsit, at least to me.

yeah thats a lot of def, but softcrit doesnt care. the list is like:

seer, then a big gap, then scout, then war+sin

1 minute ago, Webster said:

Read above, there are 2 situations in which they could have been better, thats it.

There are two situations that YOU raise but there are HUNDREDS of situations where they can be used.

2 minutes ago, Webster said:

Maybe im just seeing red now, but i think these changes will completely shut down my fun in arena and rbb.

It will not change anything, it's still all the same. Do you want a difference? Now it will take a little more time for the PvPs, is that bad?

3 minutes ago, Webster said:

I respected when bash said he wont balance anything before official servers do it. But some weeks later he randomly nerfs things, i just dont rly understand that.

He said about changes to SPs, nothing more.

It will not change anything, it's still all the same. Do you want a difference? Now it will take a little more time for the PvPs, is that bad?

i dont care if a pvp takes longer. but i want to have at least a slight chance to beat a seer that spent like half of the gold for his stuff that i spent.

He said about changes to SPs, nothing more. 

well guess what, changing other things can affect sp's aswell

Anyways i cried enough now. I'll try to live with this changes, just wanted to express my anger.

4 minutes ago, Webster said:

i dont care if a pvp takes longer. but i want to have at least a slight chance to beat a seer that spent like half of the gold for his stuff that i spent.

You had that opportunity, you still have it and you will continue to have it, because that has not changed.
It is very easy to talk about spending on eqs when you only have one SP +15 and that is enough for PvP.

7 minutes ago, Webster said:

well guess what, changing other things can affect sp's aswell

We know it and are always in consideration, as happened with Fernon equipment.

7 minutes ago, Webster said:

Anyways i cried enough now. I'll try to live with this changes, just wanted to express my anger.

It is understandable and we were aware that this would happen, society often refuses to change.