Timmy

add act 6 books to a shop

8 hours ago, hollowknight said:

what about making these books not tradeable? this way we could solve both problems:

• Only ppl that actually need them will go there (so no one would make gold out of this)
  • There will be still the 'challenge' of farming a rare and good item without giving it almost for 'free'

+1, the best idea.

• Thanks 1

I rather enjoyed having to really work for getting those books, although it took me several weeks.

Plus it would be one of those things that would be REALLY upsetting to see in shops or even in raidboxes for people like me who made the effort to get them mostly by themselves.

Sure it's taking time and effort, and yes it IS depressing when you finally get there at respawn time and then 10+ people show up. But it is not impossible.

For people here still wanting to try getting them: If you just farm at gate 4 instead of e.g. ruins, you`ll be there at respawn.

Even with 10+ people you can still get something out of it, as what`s important is the damage you make on the boss, not the number of people (if I remember correctly it`s 10%)

I did lots of gold doing this with 3 chars for quite a while (i even exp'd from c30 to c45 there), and i gotta admit its an unfair way to make gold, eventhough i think it should need some work to acquire the books as they are crucial for every c48+ player.

The biggest problem is that if you got the respawn timers once it is really hard for other players to get in the rythm, so i really like the idea to make the bosses spawn random in a way, like that it would be almost impossible for a single player to get every boss everytime.

If its possible i would also like an ip-restriction for the items, so you cant abuse it with 3 or more chars.

There are many ways to fix it tbh, but putting the books in a shop would be too easy and also destroy even more areas you got to visit.

• Like 1

Thanks for your opinions so far.

I agree that it would be to easy to just put the books into a shop, didnt really think about it.

I also agree with the suggestions some of you made that would make books not tradeable and/or with the once that say it should be limited for 2 characters/ip.

I think best option is to just open them up a little more to everyone. Maybe add them to raidboxes (higher level ones).

12 minutes ago, Bash said:

I think best option is to just open them up a little more to everyone. Maybe add them to raidboxes (higher level ones).

In my view, it would be better if you just add them to raidboxes and make them untradeable.

My concern with putting the books in boxes would be that nobody would bother killing the bosses anymore, so another part of nostale would be dead.

What about moving in the other direction and add book drops to the other map bosses we already got (nosville meadows, sunny meadows and so on), smaller chance and more hp/def on bosses. I'd like to have a reason to visit the act1/2/3 maps again

• Like 1

Well no matter what bash will decide,i think he should make an alt limit just like in raids and fc raid.Because those people killing bosses all the time using more than 2 chars in my opinion

1 hour ago, Bash said:

Well, for me raidboxes are okay as they are atm. We have more or less a wide range of rewards (equipment, gold, resistances, claws/manes) so I wouldnt add the books in raidbox. The best solution for me is (as I mentioned above in this post) to make them untradeable (I don't think that ppl that don't need the books will kill the bosses, since the unique  puropose of that would be to disturb other players). And this way, we don't loose the 'mechanic' of killing bosses as @Webstermentioned.

1 hour ago, Webster said:

What about moving in the other direction and add book drops to the other map bosses we already got (nosville meadows, sunny meadows and so on), smaller chance and more hp/def on bosses. I'd like to have a reason to visit the act1/2/3 maps again

A rework of the rest of the bosses looks good too (maybe this topic isn't the best place to discuss it tho) maybe not only adding act 6 books, but adding other kind of rewards too. I think @Nayxasuggested something like that.