Something different between RG and FK

Che

So as title says, why don't we put something different between RG and FK? Literally the only difference we have for the two factions are the following:

1. Faction Name

2. Glow color when armor is +7 and above

(there might be more but literally it doesn't have an impact in-game)

Otherwise if there was no faction from the start, we're all technically the same.

So yes, maybe something unique where only that faction has it, for example a buff where RG toons have +1k HP, +1k void/resist etc etc. while FK toons have +150 CP, +10% min/max attack etc etc.

Or anything else other than buff that could broaden the idea in-case this is something interesting for you guys.

12 hours ago, Filomena said:

Also the cyberskin armours are different. Maybe the puzzles too? I'm not sure.

There could be daily quests different from factions. Above all admins can add some quests between level 55 and 59 (there are no quests now) with different stuff to do.

I think they want to make one side get certain things and the other side get other things. They mentioned RG getting all the def buffs and FK getting all the atk buffs. Problem is Def buffs are more OP when you look at players getting resists above 10k as that reduces any ch-atk down to nothing and doesn't matter how much ch-atk you have if the opponent has a sum total of 10k ch-resistance after ch-pierce is applied. Even 9k ch-resistance is pretty op, and then you add on Void and def to that, it wouldn't matter how great your atks are, you couldn't hit them. With RG's having a ton of WH's you'd just see them pull FK to death. This idea is no bueno(no good). Stupid really, but I guess with nobody really thinking about after effects we can all come up with some pretty stupid ideas.

It could be possible to re-write the story of the Free Knight or Royals faction to spice things up
Morally different standings, cherry being not a FK despite what faction etc that could be an interesting thing for players to experience. However the issue is that while the idea is nice we simply don't have the time to do it, more so vivi doesn't.

Honestly I would love diversity with the factions especially considering their Plot lines fall with faction selection and nothing else
it could be something to consider later on but sadly as much as we would like to we can't make time to work on older content over fixes that need to be done and new additions.

15 hours ago, monoki said:

It could be possible to re-write the story of the Free Knight or Royals faction to spice things up
Morally different standings, cherry being not a FK despite what faction etc that could be an interesting thing for players to experience. However the issue is that while the idea is nice we simply don't have the time to do it, more so vivi doesn't.

Honestly I would love diversity with the factions especially considering their Plot lines fall with faction selection and nothing else
it could be something to consider later on but sadly as much as we would like to we can't make time to work on older content over fixes that need to be done and new additions.

Well, aside from the lore of the game and how Free knights broke away from mother and the royal guards being more loyal to mother. We still end up doing pretty much the same thing despite our loyalties to mother. However, if you look at what they are asking, it isn't about changing old content. What they want to do is to make other distinction between FK and RG, like glow of +8 gear and up being different for FK and RG rather than we all get the same glow. Though one type of items that set the factions apart are the cyberskin(aside from a cyberskin at some level somewhere). The other thing they want to set FK and RG apart are the buffs, where RG get all def buffs and FK get all atk buffs or something like that. Not sure how fair that is to give one side more resistance, because the higher a player's resistance is the less ch-atk they are dealt till their ch-resistance gets so high that it doesn't matter how much ch-atk a player has you still dish out 0 damage because Ch-resistance is a % off ch-atks and if their ch-resistance has 10k after ch-pierce that's always going to be 0 ch-atk.

10 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Well, aside from the lore of the game and how Free knights broke away from mother and the royal guards being more loyal to mother. We still end up doing pretty much the same thing despite our loyalties to mother. However, if you look at what they are asking, it isn't about changing old content. What they want to do is to make other distinction between FK and RG, like glow of +8 gear and up being different for FK and RG rather than we all get the same glow. Though one type of items that set the factions apart are the cyberskin(aside from a cyberskin at some level somewhere). The other thing they want to set FK and RG apart are the buffs, where RG get all def buffs and FK get all atk buffs or something like that. Not sure how fair that is to give one side more resistance, because the higher a player's resistance is the less ch-atk they are dealt till their ch-resistance gets so high that it doesn't matter how much ch-atk a player has you still dish out 0 damage because Ch-resistance is a % off ch-atks and if their ch-resistance has 10k after ch-pierce that's always going to be 0 ch-atk.

The glow is different isn't it? FK glow red then purple and RG glow blue then yellow if i recall. So there's that distinction but many turn off the glow.

Different buffs for factions is a no, there will be complaints of unfairness depending on who gets what which is undeniable
maybe we could do a buff that is earned by the faction but we can't have different ones because we need to be fair. Def is better than atk so RG would have an advantage.

1 hour ago, Bash said:

If you create too much differences it will force favor to one side. This is why everyone chooses the red side as it's favoured color. So you have to be careful about this sort of decisions.

actually bash theres more RG than FK right now :P (from what i've seen)

On 2/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, Filomena said:

Also the cyberskin armours are different. Maybe the puzzles too? I'm not sure.

There could be daily quests different from factions. Above all admins can add some quests between level 55 and 59 (there are no quests now) with different stuff to do.

no filo only your color changes like mech and cs i think nothing else change not even your skill color change look 

https://ibb.co/8NQFB08

On 2/13/2019 at 1:14 PM, GoddessSand said:

I think they want to make one side get certain things and the other side get other things. They mentioned RG getting all the def buffs and FK getting all the atk buffs. Problem is Def buffs are more OP when you look at players getting resists above 10k as that reduces any ch-atk down to nothing and doesn't matter how much ch-atk you have if the opponent has a sum total of 10k ch-resistance after ch-pierce is applied. Even 9k ch-resistance is pretty op, and then you add on Void and def to that, it wouldn't matter how great your atks are, you couldn't hit them. With RG's having a ton of WH's you'd just see them pull FK to death. This idea is no bueno(no good). Stupid really, but I guess with nobody really thinking about after effects we can all come up with some pretty stupid ideas.

Well as i said, it doesn't really have to be a buff / stat so long as it's something that can impact a difference to the two factions that players can benefit in-game. The example i mentioned is just for the sake of the example of the idea since that's usually what it is. Something like: If X faction has more HP, then Y faction has more MP, technically It's usually the opposite of what the other one has but as i said again, it doesn't have to be like that, thus i posted it here so there will be a discussion with other SB players as well as GM's to how this can be balanced out, just in-case this can be an interesting idea for others and GM's

2 hours ago, Bash said:

If you create too much differences it will force favor to one side. This is why everyone chooses the red side as it's favoured color. So you have to be careful about this sort of decisions.

I completely agree to this specially on the careful part. I just also thought there might be something else that could be considered a balanced difference that players can benefit from just like as the example i stated on the first post (but again it doesn't have to be that XD), rather than having only visual differences which really doesn't give anything other than to just distinguish which is RG and FK.