Bash

Dev Map (2019) - Discussion

4 minutes ago, Nayxa said:

One question, if i may ask you 

What will be the first custom event u are focusing on?

Most likely be Easter in April.

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

Most likely be Easter in April.

Will u leak something like a trailer of it before the event or will it be a surprise?

Just now, Nayxa said:

Will u leak something like a trailer of it before the event or will it be a surprise?

I won't no, I don't see the need in trailers when I am a one man team. It'd be beneficial to just focus the content.

5 minutes ago, Bash said:

I won't no, I don't see the need in trailers when I am a one man team. It'd be beneficial to just focus the content.

I cant wait until april now :) 

As far as I'm aware on official, they weren't released but were in the game, honourable level 95 equipment with like 15% PvP damage on the weapon etc. Are these going to be released? They were coded as far as I could see from the games item list. Just since you mentioned new equipment.

Are you sure, that you want to realese the 4th class? In my opinion it is unbalanced and useless. You just don't need it. I'd rather play with a completed class than with a shitty class. 

Also: In the last devmap you mentioned the extension of the familysystem. Did you pause that project? 

38 minutes ago, Nyet said:

As far as I'm aware on official, they weren't released but were in the game, honourable level 95 equipment with like 15% PvP damage on the weapon etc. Are these going to be released? They were coded as far as I could see from the games item list. Just since you mentioned new equipment.

I can't go into too much details without people hoarding.

8 minutes ago, Elrond said:

Are you sure, that you want to realese the 4th class? In my opinion it is unbalanced and useless. You just don't need it. I'd rather play with a completed class than with a shitty class. 

Also: In the last devmap you mentioned the extension of the familysystem. Did you pause that project? 

Family System is something we're wanting to push but right now it's not a priority we see other areas that need addressing more. But that doesn't mean we won't go to it eventually.

The 4th class will have adjustments if need be. We're simply saying it is eventually going to be with us and what we do with it will differ from officials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What do you mean by new weapon system, it could sound like :

-new weapon slot as the trophy system

-rework of weapons effect (like higher down res for a class, higher soft for another, new thing ... idk like +20% range dmg)

-rework of  how weapons effects works (like no longer soft from the unused weapon)

-something else ?

22 hours ago, Opiniâtre said:

What do you mean by new weapon system, it could sound like :

-new weapon slot as the trophy system

-rework of weapons effect (like higher down res for a class, higher soft for another, new thing ... idk like +20% range dmg)

-rework of  how weapons effects works (like no longer soft from the unused weapon)

-something else ?

Can't go into much details yet, but when we release it you will enjoy it.

Ok, thanks for the reply even if you coudn't tell me much, I have another question, wich is related to the event part this time.

Will we still be able to get the actuals event snacks or something as good as them ? Maybe am I the only one but I found them of great use when I'm on unknow land for mobing, to fast recover , especially the 5k/5k snacks, while even the 2k/2k snacks is actualy kinda slow when you get 40 to 70 k hp, but they are already way more better than the "normal" snacks.

Edited by Opiniâtre
Missed some words

35 minutes ago, Opiniâtre said:

Ok, thanks for the reply even if you coudn't tell me much, I have another question, wich is related to the event part this time.

Will we still be able to get the actuals event snacks or something as good as them ? Maybe am I the only one but I found them of great use when I'm on unknow land for mobing, to fast recover , especially the 5k/5k snacks, while even the 2k/2k snacks is actualy kinda slow when you get 40 to 70 k hp, but they are already way more better than the "normal" snacks.

We will use the "useful" items still but mostly focus on our own theme.

First off all, you deserve much more praise for this incredible host. Responding to the community about concerns is already far beyond anything out there, but also addressing the problems in a real way when possible is incredible.

Anyways, questions

Would you consider permanently adding those useful snacks in some way?

And considering the Bug which locks your screen in place due to item drops has been in the game for long enough that you don't expect any response from official for years to come, do you think there is some space on the to do list for this particular problem? I feel like for most players it's the biggest eyesore since it affects you randomly on any map, and mostly in the worst situations.

The Events sound great, although we don't have enough information to ask any more exciting questions. But actually, how great is the development effort for it? It sounds bigger than anything yet done, is there anything that took a comparable amount of efforts?

On 3/5/2019 at 4:43 PM, a0yes said:

First off all, you deserve much more praise for this incredible host. Responding to the community about concerns is already far beyond anything out there, but also addressing the problems in a real way when possible is incredible.

Anyways, questions

Would you consider permanently adding those useful snacks in some way?

And considering the Bug which locks your screen in place due to item drops has been in the game for long enough that you don't expect any response from official for years to come, do you think there is some space on the to do list for this particular problem? I feel like for most players it's the biggest eyesore since it affects you randomly on any map, and mostly in the worst situations.

The Events sound great, although we don't have enough information to ask any more exciting questions. But actually, how great is the development effort for it? It sounds bigger than anything yet done, is there anything that took a comparable amount of efforts?

Sorry I've not been around so I did not get a chance to respond to this.

The event snacks? We tend to enjoy having them event only so it creates a hype around them during an event.

The lock screen bug is a bug with the actual graphical engine the game uses. I've been trying to fix it for a long time but no luck yet.

We've not yet decided on what we're going to do for the first custom event but we are going to focus on making it a lot different to how things are initially done.

On 3/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, Kaizou said:

In what order can we expect the updates to arrive in, most importantly the weapon update?

As of right now our focus has been the security of the game but we are moving onto bigger projects with the game very soon.

Is the weapon change due to the enormous amount of RNG involved in this game as in hit rate/crit chance/damage increase/etc and you want to try something more competitive, or am I totally wrong about your intentions? 

On 3/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, Gilgames said:

Is the weapon change due to the enormous amount of RNG involved in this game as in hit rate/crit chance/damage increase/etc and you want to try something more competitive, or am I totally wrong about your intentions? 

I can't really discuss the weapon idea yet until launch.

Should we expect a further use of trophy pieces (and minor/major trophies) in the upcoming trophy 2.0 system?

I mainly ask this because I don't know if its still worth to open boxes on my main character (so I have extra trophies for the new patch) or I just open them in my alt because I almost have every current trophy that I need on the main char.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hollowknight said:

Should we expect a further use of trophy pieces (and minor/major trophies) in the upcoming trophy 2.0 system?

I mainly ask this because I don't know if its still worth to open boxes on my main character (so I have extra trophies for the new patch) or I just open them in my alt because I almost have every current trophy that I need on the main char.

I don't think Bash will disclose such information, and neither he should. That's mainly because of what he already said:

On 2/22/2019 at 10:57 AM, Bash said:

I can't go into too much details without people hoarding.

Which is also why you're asking that question :P

Back on topic, as I understood it reading what Bash wrote in the roadmap, the Trophy System 2.0 changes look connected to the upcoming Rift System. Sounds like an "upgrading" or "enhancing" system more than a new usage for the trophy pieces:

The reward for completion are "Soul Stones" or it's material essence for crafting one. Soul Stones can be used to equip inside your current Major Trophy. They hold special stats based on it's type that will additionally add more stats to your character. There are several levels of each kind of Soul Stone so you will have many reasons to keep doing this mode and creating them.

I can't wait to see how all of that turns out! :D

On 3/15/2019 at 9:39 PM, hollowknight said:

In all fairness I have disagreed with the idea of Trophy Pieces since the day it was released. It basically made the whole purpose of reinvigorating the raids into just spam an easy one until you get all pieces. It defeated the purpose as to why I made Trophy grinding in the first place. So I would not expect such a feature to ever be introduced with the 2.0 changes on Trophies.

• Thanks 1