[GUIDE] PVP for lowbies

NovaFire

YO HO~! GS Nova here
❤️

So while lurking in the lower levels of Scarlet Blade Particularly the PVP Battle Grounds
I find that pretty much most if not all of my Opponents and just newer players in general are jumping into PVP with basically.. no gear what so ever and while I try to let them get crates and loot I think it is best if I try to give a small guide just to help players prepare themselves BEFORE going into PVP and wondering why they are 1 shot.

No! it's not Hacks your gear is just BAD.

SO! how can we get you ready to kick some butt in PVP? well first of its time to say bye bye to MAGIC gear

I want to say this first before we start:
IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST LEVEL 25 YOU WILL NOT BE READY FOR PVP

For PVP level 25-29 you will need RARE Gear as it's stronger than MAGIC
You can farm RARE gear from BITTERSTONE CORE Located in Bitterstone Base or by purchasing it from Gloria the auction house merchant that other players are selling.
It's VERY important that you replace all your
MAGIC gear with RARE
Before entering any PVP areas or Battles or YOU WILL GO SQUISH

Another thing you will need to do is ENHANCE your gear at CATHERINE the enhancement technician. Ideally your gear should be enhanced +7 and up (Normally you won't need to go all the way to +12 since its low level but its your choice)
I cannot stress enough how important it is to ENHANCE?YOUR?GEAR!?

While enhancing your gear you also need to add ?JEWELS?
Depending on your class the jewels you need will be different

For example:
Here are some jewels you may use for these classes

SENTINEL: EVA , CRIT-ATK
DEFENDER: HP ,CRIT-VOID, CRIT-ATK
MEDIC: HP, CRIT-VOID , CRIT-ATK, CH-ATK

Generally your Damage jewels (REDS) Will be placed on your Weapon, Glove and Bangle
while your defence jewels
(GREENS) Are placed on your Helmet, Suit, Knee Guards and Shoes

Now that your gear is ready you will need accessories
Just like Jewels the accessories you use depend on your class
typically damage based classes like Punisher and Sentinel will use Scout accessories
where as a Tanky or Chakra class like Medic or Defender would use Warrior or Seer accessories  (Depending on your build)

MAKE SURE YOU SEAL YOUR ACCESSORIES AT ALICE THE SEALING TECHNICIAN!
Sealing items will put a lock on them making it so they cannot be mailed, traded, grafted or destroyed. Sealing your accessories will grant a BONUS STAT which is something you must not pass up on!

NOTE: Unsealing an item is the exact same process as sealing but will take 24 hours for the lock to be removed, Please be aware of this!

So now you have your Gear and accessories ready, what else will you need?
well ladies and gentlemen allow me to present: ?Lingerie?

YES! even your underwear makes you stronger!

Ideally you will need the RARE Level 27 lingerie 
which can be bought from Gloria or obtained from PVP zones like Caregate and the Battle Ground Janus
(Buying from Gloria is the better option)

But! before you can use it you will need to obtain LINGERIE UNSEALER to remove your base lingerie. This is easy to obtain!

Unsealers can be obtained in 4 ways:

1. Bought from Glorias Auction house
2. Dropped from the world boss CX1-Destroyer 
(NOTE: YOU CANNOT BE A LEVEL HIGHER THAN 27 WHEN KILLING THIS BOSS OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY LOOT)
3. Bought with VGN Points (real money) from the in game VGN Store
4. Bought from another player with GOLD!
(Real money transactions between players is a bannable offense)

Once you have your unsealer you will be able to remove the base lingerie and wear any lingerie you desire, you only need to do this once.

Now you have all your gear ready there are only three more items you need to be PVP ready
RARE Lvl 20 Mech , RARE Lvl 20 CyberSkin and Madfly (YOUR PET)

Your mech is a POWERFUL tool in PVP and can be the difference between life and death
it is best before trying PVP to learn what your mech does and practice using it while questing.

Cyberskins are only wearable in PVP ZONES and grant extra protection while in PVP only while you are wearing it! I highly suggest wearing it if you are in Caregate or any PVP battleground especially if you are new to PVP. They also look badass??

Both of these items can be purchased from Glorias Auction house

While they are obtainable from PVP Zones and bosses it is much FASTER and EASIER to buy them from Gloria.

Lastly is ?MADFLY? which you get while completing quest in Enocia from Davidson as well as your first Bike (Which is also important for PVP)
I cannot stress this enough...

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PET SUMMONED AT ALL TIMES IN PVP BATTLES AND ZONES!!!

Not having your pet summoned puts you at an extreme disadvantage! as pets grant extra HP and SP as you level them up, having your pet summoned will level it up slowly so have your pet summoned as much as you can and make sure to FEED HIM! or he will go away

Pets are able to have Pet chips installed which give you extra stats and effects depending which one you buy. At lower levels pet chips are not entirely needed however in higher levels you will need them so it's up to you when you will buy them or not.

Pet chips can be bought from Gloria's Auction house or with real money on the in game VGN store, They are rather expensive so do this AFTER you have everything else mentioned in this guide.

Once you have done all of this you are ready for PVP! Congrats~
Make your faction proud!! ❤️?

But...

Do you know what to do in PVP battles??
Allow me to explain!

At level 29 there are 4 forms of PVP you can take part in:

Janus
Turnpike
Caregate
Player duels

Let's start with the Battlegrounds:

Janus:
In Janus your objective is to destroy the 3 towers on the map, easy right?
WRONG! YOU FOOL!
It is a PVP battle after all. The enemy player will be trying to do the same and its up to you to compete for the towers by killing the enemy player and defending yourself while destroying the towers. Destroying the towers will give you useful loot that you can use so make sure to do your best and GET? THAT? LOOT!?

Turnpike:
In turnpike there are 3 creates guarded by 2 enemy NPC's that you need to kill and destroy, super duper simple right?
YOU IMBECILE!!! NOTHING IS THAT EASY!!
Just like Janus you will be competing with the enemy player but the difference is this time not only do you need to destroy their crates BUT! you must defend your own.
Once the crates are destroyed you can get that sweet sweet loot!

Battleground PVP ends when a faction receives 200 points or when the time runs out so keep an eye on that clock and hustle! you don't want to get loot as the clock hits 0 or you miss out.
The faction with the most points by the end of the battle is the winner!

While loot and Objectives are important its the points from kills that can make the difference and secure you the win, don't be afraid to make the attack and assert DOMINANCE on your enemy! ??

Caregate:
Caregate isn't a PVP Battleground but a Zone you can only travel to at level 23-29
inside there are bosses to loot, crates on the enemy side to take and other players who will hunt you down or are ripe for the picking.
!!!BE SURE TO WEAR YOUR CYBERSKIN WHILE IN THIS MAP!!!
Caregate is a map that is best spent with friends and good for starting a PVP war!
got no one to fight? have a friend hop and the enemy faction and duke it out with them! ? PVP is what you make it in this game, Make it fun and exciting, don't wait for the fight to come to you.

Player Duels:
Got a bone to pick with another player? want to have a skirmish with your friend? CHALLENGE THEM TO A DUEL! right click on the player you want to fight and challenge them to a showdown! this is a perfect way to show people your skill or practice with friends!

ASSERT DOMINANCE!! SHOW NO MERCY!???
==================================================================
Thank you so much for reading my lovelies! I really hope this guide
helps you have fun with PVP and has taught you how to get ready to challenge the other faction and friends to a fight. Make mumma Nova proud!
(or kill me in PVP ❤️if you can)
If you have any questions please comment below and I'll answer as best I can, never be afraid to ask the other players for help with your builds and classes or for tips and tricks with PVP.
We are all here to help and always welcome new players to the game!

Edited by monoki
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Call me fool and imbecile but I see lowbie BG as the opportunity to instill good PVP manners to the newcomers. Keep in mind that killing other player character is one thing and preying on the weak is another. Asserting dominance should be done humanely, otherwise it'd be plain bullying.

4 hours ago, monoki said:

destroy their crates BUT! you must defend your own.

Seriously, is there enough reason to deny them THEIR loot?

Crates and towers are the main reason why players join lowbie BGs. Why is that wrong? Where else can you get uni necklace?

You do these first and then see if there can be some pvp but usually the difference in strength is too big. 

And no, of course you don‘t deny lowbies their Turnpike crates.

9 hours ago, sicat said:

Call me fool and imbecile but I see lowbie BG as the opportunity to instill good PVP manners to the newcomers. Keep in mind that killing other player character is one thing and preying on the weak is another. Asserting dominance should be done humanely, otherwise it'd be plain bullying.

Seriously, is there enough reason to deny them THEIR loot?

Its just explaining the basis of the Battle XD that's literally the objective in Turnpike
PVP is competition and they have to work for it otherwise its not PVP at all it's just "ok i'll loot and then you loot and then lets just stare at each other until the game ends" that's isn't PVP, its nice for sure but boring.

Also just to add, I was adding a bit of humour don't take the names seriously XD

Edited by monoki

8 hours ago, Tropical said:

Crates and towers are the main reason why players join lowbie BGs. Why is that wrong? Where else can you get uni necklace?

You do these first and then see if there can be some pvp but usually the difference in strength is too big. 

And no, of course you don‘t deny lowbies their Turnpike crates.

I understand loot is good but isn't that boring? its a PVP battle not a dungeon. In PVP the loot should be a reward for earning it
I understand you would disagree but that's how I see it

10 hours ago, monoki said:

I understand loot is good but isn't that boring? its a PVP battle not a dungeon. In PVP the loot should be a reward for earning it
I understand you would disagree but that's how I see it

No I don't disagree. PVP is fun and it's the essence of this game. I'm just saying in lower Turnpike the pattern I always see is: crates first because people NEED this stuff and THEN check if there is a match for PVP. And in many cases there is no match but that's a different story.

Besides that, I forgot to say: thank you for this great guide!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tropical said:

No I don't disagree. PVP is fun and it's the essence of this game. I'm just saying in lower Turnpike the pattern I always see is: crates first because people NEED this stuff and THEN check if there is a match for PVP. And in many cases there is no match but that's a different story.

Besides that, I forgot to say: thank you for this great guide!

Oh absolutely! Towers and crates are usually first to go and if it is a low geared player I will leave them be if not then I will try to fight them if they are up for it. 
Your very welcome also ^^