Skills and kali buff

GoddessSand

Now, I have gotten backlash from MEs because I have spoken against the use of Kali buffs by MEs in game when I am attacking bosses and such because they can become permanent while staying logged in. Logging out and then back in clears this so it's not perm just perm till you relog going into character select screen or restarting the game, but people don't want to do that in the middle of BGs either so this becomes a problem there when a player gets this glitch. Due to the nature of the kali buff by way of causing your skills to cool down faster as well as your atk animation is faster. Now, many times this kali buff glitch can cause skills to act funny when you get it so bad that you end up using a skill and have it show the animation but nothing happens and you can even repeat that skill over and over and that skill still won't work, this is the bad kali buff glitch. However, if a player gets this glitch right they are stuck in constant kali mode can use skills just fine, but cool downs and animation are quicker. Though I've mentioned how this glitch works to players and said that I am not a fan of the kali buff due to 1) it causing my skills to no longer work right by way of not working when I want them too and 2) that I feel personally that it can become cheating to purposely get this glitch to get the advantage over others.

With this knowledge of how kali buff works it will cause certain things for certain players to have happen.

SW's for instance can fade and easily keep fading without having to wait 4 seconds before fading again. So a player who has this glitch will get labeled cheating when they end up with it not realizing how they got it.

All Defensive buffs and atk buffs cool down shrink the time between when they end to when they can be used again on every player, causing some to permanently have their defenses high making it impossible to catch them between buffs like a WH which has a natural 5 second gap between the use of Ultimate soulshield cool down and when they can use the skill again. Which when given a kali buff that 5 second gap no longer exists.

So, I would like to submit a request to remove the kali atk speed as well as the skill cool down reduction as part of the kali buff, due to some players getting it not trying too and end up getting accused of cheating because they can stay in fade or constantly stay in defensively buffed. Though removing those two with something different would need to be in order and I am up for suggestions. I think that 3 seconds of higher void pierce/ch-pierce,  atk/ch-atk would, and acc/ch-acc is what I would recommend, don't make them so OP though that players are picked off in 2 skills from it but enough that there is sufficient damage that can be done. 

20% Attack Speed increase / Cooldown reduction means 20% increase in DPS for a 8 seconds.. I am curious to see the compensation for taking that away... for example on my toons on average a 2500 crit attack / 1500 crit rate buff would increase a short rotations damge by 20%... thought my excel might be totally wrong and i have no level 65 toon to run the numbers with.

4 hours ago, Tropical said:

20% Attack Speed increase / Cooldown reduction means 20% increase in DPS for a 8 seconds.. I am curious to see the compensation for taking that away... for example on my toons on average a 2500 crit attack / 1500 crit rate buff would increase a short rotations damge by 20%... thought my excel might be totally wrong and i have no level 65 toon to run the numbers with.

they can adjust the damage output to compensate for this damage reduction, 3 seconds with a void/ch pierce, acc/ch-acc, and atk/ch-atk if given the right stats will do just that and still be equal to the 8 seconds of skill atk speed increase and skill cool down. The reason for removal of this would be the same reason that they removed and replaced the same buff that the last boss in IV that would do the same. It causes players to glitch out and effects them to give them better atk speed and reduced skill cool downs so they can pvp against others better, which is cheating since it was only supposed to be a temporary buff not a buff that stays like it can.