[VOTE] Al Kasava Proposal

NovaFire

Al Kasava proposal vote  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should we lower the number of players for Al Kasava?

• Lower the number of players who can enter Al Kasava
    • Keep the numbers as it is

imo tough to make a truly informed decision about this being a kinda new player

the risks seem to outweigh the benefits to this

- what if a GS can't get in to AK to monitor abuse in the first place?

- if there is not currently a solution to the problem of AFKing and looters(or even one possible), why implement a system that lets them run free?

i sympathize with problems FK have concerning the huge difference in numbers. but RGs are going to inevitably look like the bad guys in this. voting to keep the numbers the same is going to make it seem like we don't want to change because uneven numbers = higher likelihood of wins

and it's like c'mon. ofc we want see even numbers in a BG so it's fair and more fun. but not at the expense of other players. aka the FK and RG who DC and can't get in, whose spot is taken by an alt or looter, etc.

Just now, monoki said:

WHELP! if you have a idea of what can be done i am all ears my boy

Half the problem is people logging alts I saw a good 5 FK on RG toons today, swap them to FK side and numbers not to different. Last weak fk made and effort was only 4-5 difference in numbers.

Limiting numbers in AK is not the answer it just lowers numbers playing the game.

The problem is not relative faction sizes its that a lot of people like to be on the winning side so play which side they think will win.

if it wasn't so hard to level and gear toons a bunch of us would have made alts just to have more fun in PVP. But with guild commitments our own side and effort to gear yourself and other side that is impossible.

Balance needs to be with players if you try to force things it just upsets people

3 minutes ago, Juniper said:

imo tough to make a truly informed decision about this being a kinda new player

the risks seem to outweigh the benefits to this

- what if a GS can't get in to AK to monitor abuse in the first place?

- if there is not currently a solution to the problem of AFKing and looters(or even one possible), why implement a system that lets them run free?

i sympathize with problems FK have concerning the huge difference in numbers. but RGs are going to inevitably look like the bad guys in this. voting to keep the numbers the same is going to make it seem like we don't want to change because uneven numbers = higher likelihood of wins

and it's like c'mon. ofc we want see even numbers in a BG so it's fair and more fun. but not at the expense of other players. aka the FK and RG who DC and can't get in, whose spot is taken by an alt or looter, etc.

We would likely try to make a fix for that exact issue before trying this, it's important a GS can be in there so we would have to figure that out before hand

4 minutes ago, Uninformed said:

Half the problem is people logging alts I saw a good 5 FK on RG toons today, swap them to FK side and numbers not to different. Last weak fk made and effort was only 4-5 difference in numbers.

Limiting numbers in AK is not the answer it just lowers numbers playing the game.

The problem is not relative faction sizes its that a lot of people like to be on the winning side so play which side they think will win.

if it wasn't so hard to level and gear toons a bunch of us would have made alts just to have more fun in PVP. But with guild commitments our own side and effort to gear yourself and other side that is impossible.

Balance needs to be with players if you try to force things it just upsets people

well that's why we chose to make it a vote instead of just implementing it, its the players choice to decide and their choice alone. Like I said if you have a solution then by all means tell us but this is what we have for now. I saw plenty of FK try their hardest tonight to fight for their side and I'm sure RG did as well there will always be greedy people no matter what change we make.

1 minute ago, monoki said:

We would likely try to make a fix for that exact issue before trying this, it's important a GS can be in there so we would have to figure that out before hand

then give both sides assurance that looters and afkers will be taken care of. idk how that would function. reserve a spot in the BG for a GS on both sides? idk.

once you have that assurance, do the poll again.

right now we have no guarantee, and so people can vote on potential abuse outweighing the overall benefit.

Just now, monoki said:

well that's why we chose to make it a vote instead of just implementing it, its the players choice to decide and their choice alone. Like I said if you have a solution then by all means tell us but this is what we have for now. I saw plenty of FK try their hardest tonight to fight for their side and I'm sure RG did as well there will always be greedy people no matter what change we make.

As I said if it was easier to level and gear then those that want balance could more easily work on this for themselves

Just now, Juniper said:

then give both sides assurance that looters and afkers will be taken care of. idk how that would function. reserve a spot in the BG for a GS on both sides? idk.

once you have that assurance, do the poll again.

right now we have no guarantee, and so people can vote on potential abuse outweighing the overall benefit.

Be in mind the idea of this poll is to determine if its worth looking into and if this is what the playerbase wants. If there is enough interest then we can start working on this and figure a way for us GS to be able to enter without any issues

1 minute ago, Uninformed said:

As I said if it was easier to level and gear then those that want balance could more easily work on this for themselves

You know as well as I that players fixing the issue themselves is not going to happen Katie, its sad but true

AK numbers limitation were tested before and it failed badly. also if GSs can't enter and monitor, then nonsense can happen easily.

further, imo, we need to fix so many other issues, then creating new broken problems. i understand your zeal to help the game, but creating more fracture, will only lead to more problems down the line. after all, do we really want to stop players switching side and entering for their  own benefit. maybe they're making alts for other faction, that needs help etc.

Imo, bottom line is not to create more game issues, but fix the ones that we already have. once those are done, then we can test alternate options.

why are you 

Just now, monoki said:

You know as well as I that players fixing the issue themselves is not going to happen Katie, its sad but true

Nixel if you want players to have their say let them, I get you want this solution but you don't need to play down every other solution.

Let people talk please

Just now, Uninformed said:

why are you 

Nixel if you want players to have their say let them, I get you want this solution but you don't need to play down every other solution.

Let people talk please

By all mean's say what you would like, I'm not shutting anyone down here but it's just something everyone here is aware of,
Looters and Greedy players will always prevent something like that no matter what game it is. Even if you tried it would only be a handful

why starting voting?   the most rg players came only for AK or NB  ... the most voting for NO  cause they love zerging....

and than saying good job after it...  rgs playing weekend in zergs  ...  when drops numbers too 30 more fk will stay and not joiniing rg side for loot or sg ...  think 30 is a good idear for fair fights....game is dying without pvp...

32 minutes ago, Jade said:

Problem with this is it was done before and many people also sat at portal trying to get in like Sand said all fine til you DC. So the biggest problem I see is what happened before in 59 cap is that players were constantly DCed or crashed and then not able to get back in. This applies to the GS that might be there to monitor it too. In theory this is a good concept, in practice though it doesnt work so well. I remember being a GS and being kicked out in 59 cap and not able to get in to see those AFKers or dual loggers. My biggest issue is the people that will dual log a same faction or opposing faction and blocking real active players. 

This isnt speaking from just an RG perspective, but from a GS perspective as well as a FK one. If the best geared FK get DCed and some lower level or lower geared get in it could also mess with either faction. Sadly this is a hard issue to deal with, a lot of it depends on time zones as well which is just so uncontrollable. As for a suggestion for a fix to this I am at a loss, cause nothing has seemed to work. Peoples spirits get broken and decide it isnt worth their time to show up so they just dont. 

I think lowering it till both sides reach max value would be a good way to keep it balanced. If both sides aren't reaching max value then the value is too high. If one reaches max value and the other still has away to go to reach max value then lower it to force players to play on their alt faction toon to enter till both sides reach max value. If there's still slots open for people, the GS can enter still.

@monoki
Note: My problem though besides the faction balance in AK is that the guards are still hitting to damn hard, would somebody for the love of God lower their damage output and that goes to every NPC guard in every map for 60+ that should in theory be killed by Arkana, leave the guards that are supposed to 1 shot players as is, but guards shouldn't be the reason people die so easy. The Spies in DV, the RP mobs in Amara, and every BG guard in the in the pvp battle zone(not guards in spawn). And that includes reducing the ones down below the spawn in TP and SP. That's because players use those guards to make for an easy win.

1 minute ago, BumpetyBoo said:

why starting voting?   the most rg players came only for AK or NB  ... the most voting for NO  cause they love zerging....

and than saying good job after it...  rgs playing weekend in zergs  ...  when drops numbers too 30 more fk will stay and not joiniing rg side for loot or sg ...  think 30 is a good idear for fair fights....game is dying without pvp...

as mentioned in previous comments the vote is mainly to see if players are interested in the proposal I have put forward
I was already aware there would be a lot of votes to not change it but I figured it was worth asking anyway

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, monoki said:

Be in mind the idea of this poll is to determine if its worth looking into and if this is what the playerbase wants. If there is enough interest then we can start working on this and figure a way for us GS to be able to enter without any issues

that's a good point, and i get that.

but it can be extremely difficult for one side to conjure up enough interest in this if they're uncertain of whether or not abuse can be fixed.

before implementation is even considered, players should know if the risks can be taken care of. if they can't, or we don't know, then a lot of our interest can die.

i might vote differently if i had a guarantee that abuse could be fixed. and potentially other people might vote differently, as well.

1 minute ago, GoddessSand said:

I think lowering it till both sides reach max value would be a good way to keep it balanced. If both sides aren't reaching max value then the value is too high. If one reaches max value and the other still has away to go to reach max value then lower it to force players to play on their alt faction toon to enter till both sides reach max value. If there's still slots open for people, the GS can enter still.

@monoki
Note: My problem though besides the faction balance in AK is that the guards are still hitting to damn hard, would somebody for the love of God lower their damage output and that goes to every NPC guard in every map for 60+ that should in theory be killed by Arkana, leave the guards that are supposed to 1 shot players as is, but guards shouldn't be the reason people die so easy. The Spies in DV, the RP mobs in Amara, and every BG guard in the in the pvp battle zone(not guards in spawn). And that includes reducing the ones down below the spawn in TP and SP. That's because players use those guards to make for an easy win.

I can note that for consideration to have the guards nerfed a bit if they are too strong. I haven't seen too many complaint's but if it is an issue it could be worth nerfing

I can note that for consideration to have the guards nerfed a bit if they are too strong. I haven't seen too many complaint's but if it is an issue it could be worth nerfing

We stopped complaining about it because nothing was being done about it. Sure Vivi did it once and people still said they were too high still, but then never got lowered again.

1 minute ago, Juniper said:

that's a good point, and i get that.

but it can be extremely difficult for one side to conjure up enough interest in this if they're uncertain of whether or not abuse can be fixed.

before implementation is even considered, players should know if the risks can be taken care of. if they can't, or we don't know, then a lot of our interest can die.

i might vote differently if i had a guarantee that abuse could be fixed. and potentially other people might vote differently, as well.

it's possible we could have a sort of.. Trial to see how players will go about it for a second time and try out any fixes for GS to be able to enter if needed as well. That's a possibility. Its just a proposal for now there's nothing concrete
for the most part it looks like people are down for something to be changed so we have that to go on at least 

2 minutes ago, GoddessSand said:

We stopped complaining about it because nothing was being done about it. Sure Vivi did it once and people still said they were too high still, but then never got lowered again.

I'll note it down and see if it can be done at least then they wont be abused as much

it's possible we could have a sort of.. Trial to see how players will go about it for a second time and try out any fixes for GS to be able to enter if needed as well. That's a possibility. Its just a proposal for now there's nothing concrete
for the most part it looks like people are down for something to be changed so we have that to go on at least 

why would you do a trial and then make a fix?

why not fix the problem you know has happened empirically, and then do the trial to ensure the issue has been resolved?

2 minutes ago, GoddessSand said:

@monoki The other thing to consider is reducing the Urka travel allowance before reset. Too often players are pulling Urka into guards, which are OP and then instead of facing off a higher amount of Arkana you are also dealing with guards which make it pretty much impossible to take back Urka or pvp for it.

only way people are getting around this is killing whoever has urka aggro and hoping urka resets.

i do agree with you, though. you run past guards and rip a third to half of your hp ?

8 minutes ago, GoddessSand said:

This is all well if the numbers allow it. However say you lower it to 20 and lets assume the average FK that join each week is 18. That leaves a possible and only a possible 2 slots for a FK GS. 

Lets look at RG if say 35 is the average for RG to show, then leaves a -15 slots as a possible for GS if the others get the click first or RG GS gets DCed. Sometimes there is only a FK GS or only a RG GS. It is hard for us to monitor 1 side let alone two. Plus then your almost fully cutting out one side for a possible GS if these *estimated* numbers are used.

Granted like Nova said maybe there is a way we can force our way in, but I dont see that as possible to be honest. However who knows. And 1 extra person a GS wont throw balance off all that much. So lets say some magic happens and we get a 20 vrs 20 thing if 1 GS forced in and it was 21:20 or 20:21 I dont think this would be something game breaking. Just dont think is it possible is all.

It makes no sense to want to point out the fact that people could change sides providing an unfair battle with this change, after all BATTLE IS ALREADY UNFAIR,so at least it would help if the staff showed interest in changing the PvP situation in the game that is currently ridiculous.