Add A Custom Contact Lens Item~

Survi

Suggestion Opinion  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Want this made+added into Eden Eternal Vendetta?

2. 2. If you choose yes, how should it be obtainable?

• Mystery Box
    • Crystal Alter
    • Gem Alter
    • Event Item
    • Login Reward(?)

Hello~ I looked around and noticed that the eyes seemed...A bit dull for only 15 choices. That, and I've also seen that a lot of the costume face items aren't the best or don't really fit an "I need this invisible and not be laughed at" idea (No offense to some who wield those items!)...So, I've decided to come up with a suggestion for a potential item to be made.
DISCLAIMER: I have asked for the font+photo-edited these images to create samples. They are not in any Eden Eternal server to my knowledge.
SampleItemImage.png
A dyeable contact lens item specifically for Eden Eternal Vendetta! ?

The stats, if you can't see the image:
HP Max +8%
MP Max +8%
All Attributes +3%

What makes them dyeable/customizable, you may ask?

I want to offer for the item to be dyed with headwear clothing dyes in order to avoid making a new face dye item altogether. I'd like for them to be a 2-part, starlight-accepting item as well!

How the 2-part dyeing can work:
Having 1 dye item will let you change the color of a single eye in the contact lens item. This will allow for many different multicolored combinations! However, if you'd like your eyes to be the same color, you'd need 2 dye items (Which isn't much of a problem...).
SampleImageDye.png

Samples of this:
Cyan/Coffee

CCo.png
Scarlet/Amethyst:
SA.png
Marigold/Merigold: (Didn't know how to spell ;w; )
Merigold.png
Seafoam:
SG.png

If absolutely necessary to keep the idea alive, I can also help with the recoloring process (I'm not very coding-savvy, but I can definitely help with photo-editing!) by allowing for staff members with art programs to know my secret for the way I've created the sample images~! ❤️

• Like 2

• VGN GM

I have looked into this and its just not possible to it as an item due to how the face works in this game and how the colours work for it. In looking into it I have found that its possible to make new eye colours but not multi-coloured as the eyes have a material effect of replacing the standard colour which means the game cant differentiate between the two eyes. The best I could offer is new eye colours for the makeover kit and likely able to do the same with hair colour.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I have looked into this and its just not possible to it as an item due to how the face works in this game and how the colours work for it. In looking into it I have found that its possible to make new eye colours but not multi-coloured as the eyes have a material effect of replacing the standard colour which means the game cant differentiate between the two eyes. The best I could offer is new eye colours for the makeover kit and likely able to do the same with hair colour.

Edit: What about making an item that looks like the eyes, but only goes over them to dye? Unless you already tried that...I'm just trying to save time and effort ;;

Edit 2: I saw the cosmetic suggestion again and wanted to ask if maybe if were possible to do 1 category for each eye? Or is that not possible either? I'd still want to help create crazy and beautiful eye color ideas, though.

------------------------

That's weird considering every other game I've played either had a multicolored eye function, or had an item to customize that. Although, you may have to go crazy with adding those eye colors...People will want crazy things like gradient eyes, etc.... Guess my work wasn't 100% wasted, but still a little surprised EE has no way of the item itself to make it easier on you.

If you'd like any help making the custom eye color additions + create new styles for it, I could most likely help out with the photo-editing state of a lot of it...Even if I'm not a staff member-- though I could teach one what I did as I stated in the original post.

Also, if you're going to do a new makeover kit, might as well add new hairstyles somehow too if possible. I personally don't like having only 15 hair choices...Especially if a lot of the wig items aren't very fluid in motion when you compare it to the default hair, nor are they super diverse in looking very chic/unique for the females. Some players have OCD of looking the same as someone else in-game.

• VGN GM

Well the problem with the costume item would be the blinking that characters can do along with any of the emotes the character can perform that changes the face would ultimately still show the eyes so you would end up with a weird clipping looking thing where the eye going over the blinking of the eyes. For blinking they dont close the eyelids over the eye but in a sense replace the eye with the eyelid meaning if you put the costume on top of the eye it would also go over the eye lid.

Next the reason you cannot do custom eyes that is of 2 colours is that their is 1 eye duplicated like a mirror which most costume textures are like this in the game as its a good way to optimize a 3d model in the game. Which means you can't have 2 eyes of different colour as the game uses a base texture then a modifier texture layer which looks for a specific colour in the texture and replaces it with a specified colour. It is possible to add something like this but its a lot of changes and very messy to do not even mentioning very hard to do due to how the Character model is designed and ultimatly just not worth the trouble because even then you will only be allowed to have pre-decided colours.

What you might be forgetting is Eden was a game that was written around 2008-2010 and had a small graphical update known as the Reawakening not to longer after but most of the code and game files are very old and very messy. Most games from this time do not offer multi-coloured eyes and if they do they are likely on much a higher budget and made a lot better. The only X-Legend game I can think that offers the Multi-Coloured eyes is Twin Saga which is the game that came out around 3 years ago and didn't even support it from day 1. Considering Eden has been out of development for the best part of 5 years you should be able to understand the level of difference we're talking here. There's only one person left in the world developing content for this game and thats me so even though everything is possible theirs limitations that I have along with limitations that the game and its engine has that would take many months to do. This change to allow multi-coloured eyes would take anywhere between a week of developement work to a month of development work just to implement it in the makeover kit. This time could be spent on much better implementations like a new map/dungeon or what I'm currently working on a brand new PvP map and mode. I know people would love a feature like this but I just don't think 1 extra month of no content for coloured eyes in the makeover kit will be appreciated.

Hair styles can only be implemented by a 3D modeller which is something I cannot do. What I meant by hair is the colour selection for them at the moment can be increased like the eye colours can be as the system works the same way, its just a case of adding more RGB values.

You're always welcome to help design costumes and such if you have any idea's, we're never against people doing stuff like that we just don't openly advertise it.

• Like 2

@Jordan

I understand EE is old because I come from games that are old or private servers of ones slightly older than it... As for the animation, mirror, and eyelid clipping issue all be fixed with having the emotes/blinking come with the item, but over it like default eyes? I know that means a bit more work, but all the more to make it natural for the model. Another suggestion I saw from someone who had a blender program on Discord was to make one of the eyes a separate layer or split the eye image so they're still synced, just not that way for color. Since you mentioned it can take a month to implement, couldn't that also be a month for the team to work on custom costumes that some of the community wanted as well? I saw some process screenshots about 2 weeks ago of 1 or 2 of them, so I think maybe a huge custom patch after the dungeon stuff could work if nothing else goes right after the dungeon/map one. If you'd like in some way, shape or form, I can also design custom eyes that can be added to the system or try my best at a big reference sheet for potential hair styles someone can bring to life, but I can't 3D model them. I'm an artist, not a digital sculptor. ;;

• VGN GM
25 minutes ago, Survi said:

@Jordan

I understand EE is old because I come from games that are old or private servers of ones slightly older than it... As for the animation, mirror, and eyelid clipping issue all be fixed with having the emotes/blinking come with the item, but over it like default eyes? I know that means a bit more work, but all the more to make it natural for the model. Another suggestion I saw from someone who had a blender program on Discord was to make one of the eyes a separate layer or split the eye image so they're still synced, just not that way for color. Since you mentioned it can take a month to implement, couldn't that also be a month for the team to work on custom costumes that some of the community wanted as well? I saw some process screenshots about 2 weeks ago of 1 or 2 of them, so I think maybe a huge custom patch after the dungeon stuff could work if nothing else goes right after the dungeon/map one. If you'd like in some way, shape or form, I can also design custom eyes that can be added to the system or try my best at a big reference sheet for potential hair styles someone can bring to life, but I can't 3D model them. I'm an artist, not a digital sculptor. ;;

Your not a programmer so I'll break it down for you cause you don't seem to understand what saying. Just because game A can do it doesn't mean game B can do it without a big overhaul to its behind the scenes systems. You cannot animate a costume with replacing the textures the same way that the face does it because when the designed the costume system they designed it to be static meaning that outside of the costume object nothing changes. A costume object cant have multple textures playing like a slide show and requires full animations something that we cannot do because we don't have the tools necessary to do this. It's not as simple of opening the model in blender or 3DS max because the model file for Eden is exclusive to the engine and supports custom functionality that is on a per game basis and is setup more like an XML file rather than a 3D model. Yes I can break the model down, yes I can create some stuff like particle systems and animating objects but from my knowledge what your asking is impossible. Their model files do not support state machines that allow you to say if playing emote 1 use this texture, if playing emote 2 use this texture. It's not about being more work, it's not the work I mind its the massive amount of effort put in for such a minor feature when the same amount of time I could add more wigs from the other games or add more wings or any other cosmetic from the other games.

Your comment about splitting them into 2 layers isn't even the problem. The problem is UV mapping a 3D model for eden, and before you say ohh thats easy to do in 3DS max or Blender well have you ever tried writing UV maps by hand using hexadecimal? cause thats how I have to do it when doing it. It's just not a feasible thing to do. I don't only work on Eden, I have other things to do asside from making content for this game and there is no team behind it either, I work on Eden, Bash works on Nostale and Vivi works on Scarlet blade. Thy and Karah are only support staff who even though they would love to help with content for the game cannot because they just don't have the required skills to do so. I'm the only person making content and I have basically 3 main testers then 2 others who help with writing some of the story based content for the patches to help me.

We dont have a 3D modeller, any 3D models that we do want to put in game has to be done manually by hexadecimal. I don't even know half the stuff in the modelling files because I'm a programmer not a 3D modeller so making anything complex is out of the question. You must remember we're working with someone else's systems without any of the documentation and asking us to make something without a referance point is like asking a random blind man to perform a magic trick. We're very limited on what we can do and we also don't have months of time to just throw away to make something that is "nice to have". I would much rather spend my time making things to keep people busy and active than spending a month of time to add one feature that people will say "ohh thats cool" and then continue with their day.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Your comment about splitting them into 2 layers isn't even the problem. The problem is UV mapping a 3D model for eden, and before you say ohh thats easy to do in 3DS max or Blender well have you ever tried writing UV maps by hand using hexadecimal? cause thats how I have to do it when doing it. It's just not a feasible thing to do. I don't only work on Eden, I have other things to do asside from making content for this game and there is no team behind it either, I work on Eden, Bash works on Nostale and Vivi works on Scarlet blade. Thy and Karah are only support staff who even though they would love to help with content for the game cannot because they just don't have the required skills to do so. I'm the only person making content and I have basically 3 main testers then 2 others who help with writing some of the story based content for the patches to help me.

We dont have a 3D modeller, any 3D models that we do want to put in game has to be done manually by hexadecimal. I don't even know half the stuff in the modelling files because I'm a programmer not a 3D modeller so making anything complex is out of the question. You must remember we're working with someone else's systems without any of the documentation and asking us to make something without a referance point is like asking a random blind man to perform a magic trick. We're very limited on what we can do and we also don't have months of time to just throw away to make something that is "nice to have". I would much rather spend my time making things to keep people busy and active than spending a month of time to add one feature that people will say "ohh thats cool" and then continue with their day.

I understand, that's why maybe I could turn this suggestion thread into a big megathread for customs so that if possible, everything custom can have it's own patch date in the future. I'm not asking for it to be out right away, as I did mention that sometime after the first big patch would be great. It can be the very last thing on the list and have the least amount of priority due to the complexity, but I'd still be okay with that. Any time put into work for coding/modelling/designing is plenty of effort alone. As an artist I do respect that since one picture could take several hours to draw, and while another one is quicker; it takes days to study the pose/idea I want to use.

As for the "lack of team" comment, maybe you can also dedicate time to either teach/train the staff to be capable of doing so, or make a hiring period for coders? I know that, coming from me, sounds like I know nothing about it....but hiring more people and forming an official VGN team for all this could be what this server needs to keep patches going and to throw them out into the public a lot quicker because there would be more people, and if they work on the same coding language for content, it would be easy to compile (right?) with some tweaks here and there.

By the way, with "customs," I'm talking about it as a whole now with hairs and eyes. I know the hair stuff would be hard to do, but I can certainly edit this suggestion to include EVERYTHING I had in mind versus just this item for eyes, which will include what we can throw in a cosmetic bag. Would that help at all if I made this thread compile all that? I can also have a community additions thing where users can suggest eye types to add (just 1 color/color scheme to have both eyes matching) in it. I can include hair ones as well, with headwear dye colors being added to it. Does that help more or work better to include your compromise too? I'm sure everyone in the game can be patient about it, even if the suggestion may take a year or longer to implement due to the complications you've listed.

If I compile it, I'll have different eye and hair types/colors such as the following for the cosmetic bag:
-Eyes with symbols
-Sample image display of hair colors
-Eyes with a gradient coloring on them (but match)
-Blank eyes
-All-black eyes
-All 1 color eyes
-Multicolor hair (if possible to sample)

And whatever else the community wants to offer

• VGN GM

We cannot hire new people freely as there is a layer of trust with this stuff. Hiring attempts in the past have resulted in people stealing or atleast trying because unlike a lot of private servers all our games are very hard to get the files for, its not like your average perfect world server or flyff server where you can log on to Rage Zone and download the files and make your own server in 10mins. The only reason I'm here was because I worked my way up by being a member of staff for the game and over time showing Bash and Vivi I can be trusted. We also don't need multiple people working on the project because quite frankly we're doing well currently with the past month being one of the best months the game has ever had in multiple aspects. Even if we did get more people my decision still stands that spending months of time on 1 cosmetic is just not a viable solution when I can add say 10-20 mounts in a day or 10-20 wings in a day etc etc. Then further like I said even if I did spend the time and effort to make this cosmetic it is not possible to make into an Item without it looking stupid half the time in game so it would be limited to Cosmetic Kits so there will be no dyes possible, basically limiting it to the very basic predefined colours that are given to me. We also then have further limitations on being able to put "gradients" and other stuff cause like I said you have a template eye then just recolours of the eye. We cannot change the template depending on eye selection so you either have them all gradient or none gradient.

You seem to be missing the point of yes with programming and such everything is possible but the amount of work and troubles with changing an already established system to have features it wasn't designed for requires a lot more work than its worth. When making a piece of software there is a reason that anyone worth their salt will make a good plan first about what they want to make and what they want to achieve out of the system before making it (Usually written in something known as the GDD [Game Design Document] or the TDD [Technical Design Document]). This means anything thats not in the document isn't even considered and the programmer will literally make the game to fit those documents. Adding things such as game modes and other kinda of things like a crystal altar or mana infuse is a case of plug and play but altering a system like how the characters eye's work is a different kind of ball game. This is the last time I'm going to say this because each time I'm replying here I'm wasting time that I am currently spending on making a patch for everyone, making multi-coloured eyes is not worth the time I would spend as it would likely cause a lot of bugs to begin with, it would require a big overhaul of the eye system and then would require me to UV map in hexadecimal which I dont even know how to do normally as I'm not a 3D artist just to put some extra fancy eyes in the Cosmetic Set. It requires a complete overhaul of a very functional system that would ultimatly risk tons of bugs and wouldn't even cover any of the grounds you're hoping to achieve such as gradients.

Sorry if this is not what your hoping for but you need to understand although recently more doors of development have opened up for this games development it still doesn't mean we can do everything. Even if I was to spend months on cosmetics I would much rather spend those months reverse engineering X-Legends latest model format changes to be able to put newer models from the Aura Kingdom and Twin Saga in Eden Eternal as I get many request Daily for X Model to be a pet or Y Model to be a costume but half the time it's not possible because the version is too high. I would also want to put effort into putting body costumes from these games as they're too heavily requested but unable to merge the bones currently.