New NPC's in Enocia

TheSquishy

having more helpful NPCs in Enocia would be nice to show new players their are still people playing the game, as it sits new players don't see much at the beginning of the game like other players in pvp/pve/bg and in general so they get discouraged thinking its a dead game. So i was thinking If we had more helpful NPC's in the main town of Enocia more veteran players would have a reason to go there more since everyone has the enocia warp skill. Some i can think of are random stats,salvage,jewel techs,crafting merchant and a VIP bouncer.

• Like 1

No. The real beginners get just confused if they see too many NPCs in first base they meet. Randomization tech is useless cause just 30+ can randomize gear. Same for Skillstone NPC. Amplify NPC has no-sense in the whole game. You can argue around Salvage tech, but beginners can go salvage good stuff by mistake. I think the NPCs we can meet in Enocia are already a lot.

Someone could just add an NPC to enter in The Acheron Dungeon, cause level 60+ can't go in there any more. But in Mereholt or Barbirion it will fits better.

I still remember my first 3 days of playing SB. Back then I seriously thought this is a dying game. btw here are some suggestions to repopulate enocia.

1. Prohibit duels in all places except enocia.

2. Reduce enocia warp skill cooldown to 5 mins. Have a portal from enocia to barbiron, nemesis, nemesis2, and ellis. This should make enocia the main crossroad of the game.

3. Relocate dmh npc into enocia. The normal drasilmarsh is in enocia so it's natural that it's hard mode should also be in enocia.

4. Exclusively in enocia, make all female NPC nekked~ 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Filomena said:

No. The real beginners get just confused if they see too many NPCs in first base they meet. Randomization tech is useless cause just 30+ can randomize gear. Same for Skillstone NPC. Amplify NPC has no-sense in the whole game. You can argue around Salvage tech, but beginners can go salvage good stuff by mistake. I think the NPCs we can meet in Enocia are already a lot.

Someone could just add an NPC to enter in The Acheron Dungeon, cause level 60+ can't go in there any more. But in Mereholt or Barbirion it will fits better.

The NPC's i suggest are for older players not new one so it dosnt mater if new players cant do random on gamma gear and i never said anything about skill stones or amplifying, and if older players are around in Enocia thay could simply ask "hey whats this NPC do". As it is now older players only pass through enocia for a few seconds maybe a minute but almost never enough time to be of any help to the new players who roll in at random. If had such NPC's as i suggested older players would spend more time in enoca. I also agree on lowering the cd for the enocia warp skill but also think it would be nice to have another skill to warp to merhold. And besides ther are plenty of places to add NPC's and or just replace some of them like the bike dealer (selling overpriced bikes you cant trade sell or enhance) and still not seem over crowded and besides I only suggested like 5  NPC's thet pretty much every older player will use.

Whats the harm in trying even if it only helps a small amount it still might help. Maybe even putting a lvl60+ boss in enocia might do some good, all im saying it would be nice for higher lvl players to have a reason to go to enocia other then the 3 to 5 min you spend doing daily quests for passcards.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Norleras said:

Another matter to consider is that by adding those NPCs into Enocia, it would defeat the purpose of having the Mereholt quests introducing them in the first place

Well you'll never get to do those quest unless you go to mereholt anyway because you're required to visit mereholt in order to get to the NPC introductions quest.

So regardless you'll really have to do it in mereholt.

• Like 1

like Che said your going to have to do thos quests anyway if you're a new player and most experienced players only do important quests such as ones that give you skill points or ones that let you into the next zone. Yeah new players wont know what random stats are but hey you cant do randoms till you get lv30 gear so you'll already have done the introduction quest by then. As far as jewels you don't need to be a genius to know "hey this is a jewel, oh hey this a jewel slot" and so ends the epic tutorial of the jewels part 1... to be continued. Hell the names of the techs are about all you need to know with a sprinkling of extra information once you interact with the NPC. This would help players  both new and old .new players can ask in area "hey how do i use random stats/ jewel tech, oh by the way can you help me figure this out" and old players wouldn't have to go to merholt just to use the items they got and have to port all the way back and forth. And since and  Drasilmarsh and CX-1 both drop rank 2 blueprints and R1 jewels so nublits are going to be asking about jewels before they even make it to merholt.

Enocia is a continuation Tutorial map of the game. DTO being added means lvl 60+ players to have to go to Enocia for it, well that was easy done and now we can move on. Just to be clear you can't privately chat with players till, what, level 10? You can't shout till, what, level 10 or 15? 'Has anybody seen a game where there are that many new players joining that much? Sure when the game is first new, but after several years the game pretty much dies down with how many new people join daily. What helps create new players in the game is good WOM and advertising. Sadly many who talk about the game like those who are game review people don't give the game justice as they mostly will focus on the T and A through out the review. What I find is that the game graphics are pretty good, game play can be fun once you start getting use to the skills and character development, and the community is pretty light hearted with a few players that like to take the opportunity in shout to rant about losing to somebody. Though we all like to banter or create light to heavy discords on certain topics, people are fun to play with when you take the time to get to know them.