Honor

Little change to Sacred Mist of the Archimage

Hi, today I would like to propose a small change regarding the Archimage.
This suggestion will only affect PVM.

JaSXaBB.jpg

As you can see from the screen the skill "SACRED MIST" causes two effects with a 100% probability.
1) 30px-Indebolimento_resistenza_lieve.pngHorror, very useful both in PVP and in PVM
2))Fuga.pngRun Away, very annoying effect in PVM and useless in PVP.

My proposal is to eliminate the second effect so that in the PVM it is possible to apply an AOE malus on monsters.

What do you think?

• Like 1

+1 because this skill is a contradiction in itself, why would i want a monster run away when i debuff it ?

it already bugged me at the official server. just change or remove that 2nd "debuff".

BUT;  a big BUT: lower levels or  "not so op people" would maybe not like this, because in some cases this run away debuff can save ur ass

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, danmachi said:

BUT;  a big BUT: lower levels or  "not so op people" would maybe not like this, because in some cases this run away debuff can save ur ass

Yes indeed this skill can be useful to disperse the monsters that chase you.
However, it is clear that having 7 seconds in which monsters do not attack you is an advantage to avoid dying and maybe enter the arena to recover HP and not lost Cexp.

How you indicated the skill makes no sense.
If we take the War we can see how the "RUN AWAY" skill is single and not connected to a skill that is potentially perfect both in the PVP and in the PVM.

Another expample is the WK debuff. Imagine that when I use that skill the monsters run away dispersing the lure.?

2 hours ago, Honor said:

Hi, today I would like to propose a small change regarding the Archimage.
This suggestion will only affect PVM.

JaSXaBB.jpg

As you can see from the screen the skill "SACRED MIST" causes two effects with a 100% probability.
1) 30px-Indebolimento_resistenza_lieve.pngHorror, very useful both in PVP and in PVM
2))Fuga.pngRun Away, very annoying effect in PVM and useless in PVP.

My proposal is to eliminate the second effect so that in the PVM it is possible to apply an AOE malus on monsters.

What do you think?

Run away should be replaced with the thing that makes doble attack when u hit the mob with that "holy explosion"(i barely use the archmage, so please im sorry if it is the incorrect name of skill)

However, it can also be replaced with a slow effect which will help in PvP , if the players actually runs away 

Or simply just remove the run away ._. 

• Like 3

In this case the cooldown should be increased to prevent spam.

Like 50\60 seconds as the WK elemental leech.

Or transform the malus Horror in a weaker malus like:

Mild Horror

30px-Indebolimento_resistenza_lieve.png Cannot attack+Reduce light res to 10 for 5 seconds.

38 minutes ago, Honor said:

In this case the cooldown should be increased to prevent spam.

Like 50\60 seconds as the WK elemental leech.

Or transform the malus Horror in a weaker malus like:

Mild Horror

30px-Indebolimento_resistenza_lieve.png Cannot attack+Reduce light res to 10 for 5 seconds.

I prefer longer cd instead of just nerfing damage ;)

Cause damage matters a lot today

I don't agree with this change, Run Away is actually super effective and useful if you know how to use the debuff.

If you've used Archmage a lot in Act 6 you would've learned the Sacred Mist sweet spots in the map where you can get your entire lure to all go in 1 place, or run away your current lure into a kill corner which allows you to get mobs that wouldn't follow because of the provoke limit, and then combine those last mobs for an easy overkill.

Especially with the fact that mobs don't attack you allowing you to finish the monsters with ease and no stuns.

But what I do find annoying about the skill is how long you stand still while casting, this not only wastes the debuff time, but allows enemy players in PvP to easily out run you untill it finishes.

30 minutes ago, Kaizou said:

I don't agree with this change, Run Away is actually super effective and useful if you know how to use the debuff.

If you've used Archmage a lot in Act 6 you would've learned the Sacred Mist sweet spots in the map where you can get your entire lure to all go in 1 place, or run away your current lure into a kill corner which allows you to get mobs that wouldn't follow because of the provoke limit, and then combine those last mobs for an easy overkill.

Especially with the fact that mobs don't attack you allowing you to finish the monsters with ease and no stuns.

But what I do find annoying about the skill is how long you stand still while casting, this not only wastes the debuff time, but allows enemy players in PvP to easily out run you untill it finishes.

Honestly, I didn't understand what method you use to close the monsters on the corner.

When I use the malus the monsters that I have gathered in a single point scatter in the most ridiculous ways.

If the malus "Run away" was taken out of the way I could continue to skill the monsters that will remain at a single point at the mercy of my 4 AOE skills.

This suggestion, moreover, is based both on my experience and on that of all the archmages I've seen.

None of them has ever used that skill except in the case of an absolute emergency, but in any case, even in the event of imminent death, you will have 7 seconds to escape and care without the monsters attacking you.

22 hours ago, Honor said:

Honestly, I didn't understand what method you use to close the monsters on the corner.

When I use the malus the monsters that I have gathered in a single point scatter in the most ridiculous ways.

If the malus "Run away" was taken out of the way I could continue to skill the monsters that will remain at a single point at the mercy of my 4 AOE skills.

This suggestion, moreover, is based both on my experience and on that of all the archmages I've seen.

None of them has ever used that skill except in the case of an absolute emergency, but in any case, even in the event of imminent death, you will have 7 seconds to escape and care without the monsters attacking you.

There's multiple sweet spots to use Sacred Mist, there's also a lot more in Hells Ruins 2 than what I showed.

2 hours ago, Kaizou said:

There's multiple sweet spots to use Sacred Mist, there's also a lot more in Hells Ruins 2 than what I showed.

Honestly...this is just your way to use that skill. 

In addition to the fact that it also takes enough time to bring them close to the wall there is also the risk that they scatter in opposite directions.

If @Bash remove the "run away" you\we can do that without bring the monsters close to the wall.